Wedding Woes

Friday!

Good morning, WW.  What are y'all up to today?  Weekend plans?  I am so jealous of mrsconn, off to Hawaii!

It's DS's birthday, and when I did the FB birthday post, it killed me seeing his 2nd birthday pic next to the one from his party last weekend.  At two, there was still some baby in there, chubby cheeks and pudgy hands.  Now that he's 3, he's 100% little boy.  Sigh.

Hopefully, the fridge will finally be fixed today.  DS specifically requested an ice cream cake, so I'm picking it up on the way home from riding.*  So a (working) freezer would really come in handy.  (* Assuming that riding isn't canceled: they bumped our forecast to 3" of rain and issued a flash flood watch.)  His drum set hasn't arrived, but luckily he has other presents to open tonight, and at his age I'm not sure a couple of days either way makes much difference to him.

Two birthday parties tomorrow, both indoors (fortunately).  Sunday, we're driving up to the mountains to pick some apples, feed some ducks, and generally be wholesome. :)

Re: Friday!

• This day has been a long time coming.  Nothing tonight 6let and M2 have soccer games tomorrow.  Sunday we pick season ticket seats for next year.  It's an exciting weekend.

I thought soccer was almost over and then coach asked 6let to be on his indoor team.  It's kind of a big deal but I wish he'd asked the parents first so we could evaluate without seeing the excited face of our kid.
  • This clown shit is out of control.  M2 was crying yesterday because someone told her clowns were going to school today to murder people.  She's crying again this morning because 6let is at school and the clowns are coming. GRRRRRR. 

• @6fsn There was a rumor FI's school had a threat yesterday, the superintendent sent out an email to everyone clarifying it was still a rumor, but I still don't like it.  He promised me he'd lock his classroom and make sure his closet was easily available, but I bet he didn't.

My sister is here!!!  She's a baby martyr and can can drive me insane but man, I love having her here anyways LOL.  Today, we're going to the mall and when FI gets home to the cider mill, then tonight we're making pudding shots for my bach tomorrow!  This weekends theme is officially Shit Meet Fan.
  • LOL at "generally be wholesome".

Yeah this clown thing is really bizarre. Apparently there's been "clown sightings" at schools all over around here. I don't get it. Have any of these clowns actually hurt anyone or is it just all people trying to freak people out?

I got no plans for tonight, which is good because H has been working his ass off. Tomorrow I'm going to clean the house while H is at work and then tomorrow night my sister and I are going to our friend's house outside of Indy. Which is kinda weird since she won't be there (she and her boyfriend wanted to stay at a hotel, but Sister and I are cheap), but that's better than getting up at the ass crack of dawn Sunday. Sunday we're meeting Friend at the hotel and then going to the Bears game in Indy. Should be fun. We're bringing paper bags, in case the Bears look like the Bears.

Off work Monday, hoping to get off my ass with some shit I've been procrastinating.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • There have been 'clown sightings' here too. Not near me, but near where my coworker lives. Police have said they haven't got anything other than people saying they're seeing it, but to take it seriously and be careful.

Tonight I'm alone cuz H is going to a football game {CFL btw} with his stepdad. I've got to pick up pie shells tonight so I can start making pie for Monday. Also I'm likely putting up some pictures and going through the frames we have. I need to print out some wedding photos lol

Saturday - H wants to go fishing, so he'll prob go for a bit, then he's starting the yard. We're getting a BBQ on Wednesday, so that area needs clearing. We're not pulling up everything, but we're putting cardboard down to kill it off. Apparently that's a thing?

Afternoon we're getting Angel {tuxy cat} from my mum's place, also doing some laundry {the load we tried to do before}
    I think that evening will be pretty low-key, because cats are going to be thrown off. Maybe unpack some boxes.

Sunday - going to MIL and sFIL for Thanksgiving dinner. Otherwise not sure if anything else planned. Probably resting because I'm expecting Angel to have a rough night.

Monday - holiday for Canadians. My mum is coming for dinner :)
  • Waiting to buy tickets for a Postmodern Jukebox concert for K's Christmas present.  She loves the band.  I'm hoping she doesn't see the FB posts about it so it can really be a surprise.  Then, running a few errands to purchase some things to start getting our bathroom actually organized; it's a disaster right now.  I also have to write a cover letter.  I loathe writing cover letters...just look at my resume.
  • Hope the fridge is fixed Heffalump. I'm with your DS on the ice cream cake. Looking back now I feel bad for my mom because my birthday is in late Kuly and we'd always have outdoor parties so she'd have to keep an ice cream cake cold for me. 

The event went so well last night. My friend was one of the organizers and the food was great the silent auction went really well (I won something I bid on!) and overall it as a great night. I'm hanging out watching some Law and Order reruns before I head out to walk the high line and buy some new sunglasses. 
  • I had a meltdown last night, complete with the ugly crying.  It was a long time coming, and I feel somewhat cleansed this morning, but I am drained.

We're going to a haunted house this weekend, and I am going to finish landscaping and painting the bathrooms.  I'm off Monday for Columbus Day.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I had a meltdown last night, complete with the ugly crying.  It was a long time coming, and I feel somewhat cleansed this morning, but I am drained.

We're going to a haunted house this weekend, and I am going to finish landscaping and painting the bathrooms.  I'm off Monday for Columbus Day.
    Sounds like you guys definitely need a long weekend to relax! 

Always the case. Hope you're feeling better and can rest today!
  • @AtomicBlonde so wait, are your IL's still coming? 
  • Hope the fridge is fixed Heffalump. I'm with your DS on the ice cream cake. Looking back now I feel bad for my mom because my birthday is in late Kuly and we'd always have outdoor parties so she'd have to keep an ice cream cake cold for me. 

The event went so well last night. My friend was one of the organizers and the food was great the silent auction went really well (I won something I bid on!) and overall it as a great night. I'm hanging out watching some Law and Order reruns before I head out to walk the high line and buy some new sunglasses. 

DH, Wooz, and I all have summer birthdays, so we're all accustomed to having ice cream cake.  So I think that's why DS wanted one: to him, I think birthday cake = ice cream cake. 

I told DH if the fridge isn't fixed this time, we'll just have to polish off the ice cream cake ourselves tonight.  But I'm getting a smallish one, just in case.

• We are headed to Chicago for the weekend. I got through the mountain of laundry yesterday (from our Italy trip). I'm excited to see our DD, SIL and best friend from college this weekend - have Hamilton tickets! The dogs know something is up though and are upset we are leaving again. 
  • I did a good deed this morning. A lady at the gas station somehow got locked out of her car. She was only 2 miles from home, but this morning is our first chilly morning of the season so I drove her home. 

I bought a bunch of stuff for the new baby's room yesterday. It is all supposed to be here by the 18th. I need to start clearing stuff out of that room which means relocating the litter box and cat tree, dismantling and moving the desk, and finding a new home for the printer. 

Other than that, the only plans we have are to clean the house! Weekend before last was the wedding so no cleaning there. Last weekend we were both still exhausted so no cleaning then either. It's not bad, just cluttery. We need to put away our wedding gifts and finish thank you notes. 

I was in so much pain last night that just picking my leg up to put it on the couch caused me to wince. I was hoping that this pregnancy wasn't going to be as hard as the last, but that's not happening. I'm going to have to ask my OB for a temporary handicap placard because I get so winded after just walking to through the parking lot and because my pelvis feels like it's splitting in two. 
  • @AtomicBlonde so wait, are your IL's still coming? 
    Yes. :angry:  Apparently, asking them to stay in a hotel would be "disrespectful."  (IDK WTF he thinks he did to me, or how he thinks I feel, in that case.)  DH admitted he made a mistake and apologized for it and understands why it bothers/upsets me, but changing his mind about them staying is going to be like pulling teeth, and it won't happen.  Honestly, I don't think even if we had had a conversation about it, they'd be staying in a hotel, but we didn't have a conversation, so it's moot and not worth the "what if" mind games.

He says he didn't invite them (and I believe him), but he also still says, "No, no, they didn't invite themselves," which lent itself to a whole new discussion about boundaries and what is and is not appropriate for family to do, regardless of whatever "open door policy we" might have.

So I'm silently stewing at my desk and trying not to feel resentful or hurt because he didn't take into account my feelings, because it wasn't deliberate, but it wasn't not deliberate since he knows how shitty things are between BIL unit and me but chooses to ignore it, so the whole situation makes me feel like this:
    Image result for lily youre dead to me look gif

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I did a good deed this morning. A lady at the gas station somehow got locked out of her car. She was only 2 miles from home, but this morning is our first chilly morning of the season so I drove her home. 

I bought a bunch of stuff for the new baby's room yesterday. It is all supposed to be here by the 18th. I need to start clearing stuff out of that room which means relocating the litter box and cat tree, dismantling and moving the desk, and finding a new home for the printer. 

Other than that, the only plans we have are to clean the house! Weekend before last was the wedding so no cleaning there. Last weekend we were both still exhausted so no cleaning then either. It's not bad, just cluttery. We need to put away our wedding gifts and finish thank you notes. 

I was in so much pain last night that just picking my leg up to put it on the couch caused me to wince. I was hoping that this pregnancy wasn't going to be as hard as the last, but that's not happening. I'm going to have to ask my OB for a temporary handicap placard because I get so winded after just walking to through the parking lot and because my pelvis feels like it's splitting in two. 
    One of my BFFs had that with her last child. Right from 20 weeks she sat on her pelvic bone. Not comfortable :( Her dr said she didn't wait long enough between her 2 last kids {she has 4 total now} that it wasn't healed enough.

Try taking epsom salt baths, that helped her at least relieve pain for a bit.
  • @MissKittyDanger yeah these two will be just under a year apart, I definitely didn't wait long enough between but I wanted to be done before turning 40. I'll try the epsom baths. I was in the tub constantly with the last because that was the only time I didn't hurt.
  • edited October 2016

Morning, WW! TGIF!

The "generally be wholesome" comment made me laugh out loud, Heffa. That was good.

I'm taking a long weekend! It will be great to get a break from the stress here at work.

Tonight DH and I are going to a surprise party for my cousin. It should be a good time. I heard that rum and apple cider will be involved, so you really can't go wrong.

Tomorrow morning I'm helping throw a surprise housewarming party for one of my close friends. She and her husband just bought their first house and it needs a lot of work. So a few of us got together and decided to throw her a fun little party with brunch food and some stuff to help with her house. She has NO idea. Apparently this is the weekend for surprises.

After the party is over, I'm going home to watch football and cook. I've decided to try my hand at baking donuts. We'll see how that turns out :)

Sunday I'm supposed to go to a concert in Nashville with my mom. I'm not sure if we'll end up going. It will be a really late night and she might have to work the next day. I'm good either way, and no matter what we decide I have Monday off to sleep.

ETA words

• Oh, lawd, so Mr. No (remember him?  "I don't want the job," "No, actually I do," bitchfit because he didn't get it) is currently explaining to the new girl in the program how bullshit the system is and that's it's "completely rigged."

Sigh.

--Philip Pullman

• Oh, lawd, so Mr. No (remember him?  "I don't want the job," "No, actually I do," bitchfit because he didn't get it) is currently explaining to the new girl in the program how bullshit the system is and that's it's "completely rigged."

Sigh.

Dude needs to give it up.
  • So I was going to work out at lunch.  I went Monday and Wednesday, so I figured M-W-F would be a great schedule this week.  But our drizzle has turned to pouring rain, and I'm trying to talk myself into going anyway.  I'm not sure it's working.  Maybe if the rain lets up by the time I'm ready to go.  Or if I make myself change into my workout clothes, because I'll feel silly not going after that.

I really feel like I have nothing to complain about.  Florida is getting hammered, and I'm like

Image result

• I'm working from home today because the tile crew is here. Hopefully they'll get a lot done - they have the whole tub surround, the master bath floor, the laundry room, and some patchwork on the floor in our downstairs (replace a few cracked/broken tiles). 

It looks like they have been making good progress in the laundry room, so that's a plus. 

• Our clown saga has finally died down. Thankfully.

Until the next social media frenzy, that is.

• *Barbie* said:
    I'm working from home today because the tile crew is here. Hopefully they'll get a lot done - they have the whole tub surround, the master bath floor, the laundry room, and some patchwork on the floor in our downstairs (replace a few cracked/broken tiles). 

It looks like they have been making good progress in the laundry room, so that's a plus. 

Have you seen the glitter grout? 
  • Happy friday everyone!!

I am going to run some wedding errands today. Tomorrow I am going to do a trial run on our centerpieces while watching football. FH is going to tackle our alcohol order. The relocation company has sent us a packet so we will go over that. 
    Sunday will be a chill day. Probably cleaning. We have a phone date with our officiant to go over the ceremony. 

Next week will be my last full week of work before the wedding!!
  • *Barbie* said:
    I'm working from home today because the tile crew is here. Hopefully they'll get a lot done - they have the whole tub surround, the master bath floor, the laundry room, and some patchwork on the floor in our downstairs (replace a few cracked/broken tiles). 

Have you seen the glitter grout? 
    @DrillSergeantCat  - yeah, a friend posted about it yesterday, perfect timing with the disco tub. i might need to find some for crafting purposes. :-P
  • VarunaTT said:
    Waiting to buy tickets for a Postmodern Jukebox concert for K's Christmas present.  She loves the band.  I'm hoping she doesn't see the FB posts about it so it can really be a surprise.  Then, running a few errands to purchase some things to start getting our bathroom actually organized; it's a disaster right now.  I also have to write a cover letter.  I loathe writing cover letters...just look at my resume.
    Ooh, I love Postmodern Jukebox (and also hate cover letters)!

Hugs to you (((((((@AtomicBlonde))))))))))))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards