Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding Vows - Feedback Please?

My wedding is in 10 days! I would really appreciate some feedback on my vows:

Michael, in you I have found my constant companion, my happiness, my home, and my forever, and I stand here today promising to be your loving wife and fellow adventurer until my very last breath.

I promise to always support, encourage, and believe in you.

I promise to forever be faithful, to be a true and loyal friend, and to respect and treasure you for who you are and who you will become.

I vow to always speak to you and about you with kindness, and to always listen with compassion, an open heart and an open mind.

I will continually strive for open and honest communication with you, even when it might take me time to get the words out.

I promise never to bring a big shaggy dog home without discussing it with you first.

I vow to endure with you and stick by you through challenges and tough times.

I vow not just to grow old with you, but to grow with you.

I will value our differences as much as our common ground.

I promise to keep eating the delicious things you make for me with sincere delight, and as I grow older, quite possibly with a lot of drool.

I vow to nurture a family and a home with you that is full of love, laughter, patience, acceptance, and a touch of craziness.

You are my cheeseburger in paradise, and I promise to be your fruitcake forever.

I will strive to bring you happiness every day and to never let you forget how much I love you.

Though I do not know our road; I commit my life to the way and promise I will always love you without hesitation, madly, unconditionally and forever.

Re: Wedding Vows - Feedback Please?

• I would recommend cutting all the cutesy ones out (do you really want to say "drool" "cheeseburger" and "fruitcake" in your wedding vows?!). Keep the lines that are truly and seriously about your promises in marriage - I like those ones!
  • My wedding is in 10 days! I would really appreciate some feedback on my vows:

Michael, in you I have found my constant companion, my happiness, my home, and my forever, and I stand here today promising to be your loving wife and fellow adventurer until my very last breath.

I promise to forever be faithful, to be a true and loyal friend, and to respect and treasure you for who you are and who you will become.

I vow to always speak to you and about you with kindness, and to always listen with compassion, an open heart and an open mind.

I will continually strive for open and honest communication with you, even when it might take me time to get the words out.

I promise never to bring a big shaggy dog home without discussing it with you first.

I promise to keep eating the delicious things you make for me with sincere delight, and as I grow older, quite possibly with a lot of drool.

I vow to nurture a family and a home with you that is full of love, laughter, patience, and acceptance, and a touch of craziness.

You are my cheeseburger in paradise, and I promise to be your fruitcake forever.

I will strive to bring you happiness every day and to never let you forget how much I love you.

Though I do not know our road; I commit my life to the way and promise I will always love you without hesitation, madly, unconditionally and forever.

I am not a fan of inside jokes and cutesy things taking the place of vows...so take that into consideration above. 

I personally think "Less is more" and if you really want to say all these things to your husband no one will stop you...but I would will recommend writing them in a letter that you exchange and read /reread every year.  Or perhaps you can tell him this in a private moment instead.  Overall I do really like what you have written, I would just try to shorten or condense anything that has the same basic meaning and practice reading them a few times before your wedding.

Best Wishes and enjoy your day!

I vow to nurture a family and a home with you that is full of love, laughter, patience, and acceptance, and a touch of craziness.

I am not a fan of inside jokes and cutesy things taking the place of vows...so take that into consideration above. 

I personally think "Less is more" and if you really want to say all these things to your husband no one will stop you...but I would will recommend writing them in a letter that you exchange and read /reread every year.  Or perhaps you can tell him this in a private moment instead.  Overall I do really like what you have written, I would just try to shorten or condense anything that has the same basic meaning and practice reading them a few times before your wedding.

Best Wishes and enjoy your day!

I agree. There's a time and a place for inside jokes and cutesy promises, but your wedding vows, which are public, isn't it. I'd save that for in private.

I vow to nurture a family and a home with you that is full of love, laughter, patience, acceptance, and a touch of craziness.

Recommended cuts.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards