Wedding 911

I Hate MyWedding.com!

Does anyone else have an account with MyWedding.com? I created an account with them back in January - I found TheKnot's wedding website setup to be completely confusing TBH. Since I've sent my invites out two weeks ago, MyWedding.com has been offline for more than 24 hours at least three times. BIG pain in the ass because we have inserts in our invitations about our wedding hotel with a block, and direct guests to our website for more information. Our hotel block is almost full, so I wanted to add info about other local hotels. Easier to post this on our website, as opposed to emailing/Facebooking/texting more than a hundred people. Well, lo and behold, this stupid website is down AGAIN. Is it that hard to keep a website running?! Has anyone else experienced this a problem with them? And any readers, steer clear unless you want your website to be unavailable half of the time.

Re: I Hate MyWedding.com!

• Does anyone else have an account with MyWedding.com? I created an account with them back in January - I found TheKnot's wedding website setup to be completely confusing TBH. Since I've sent my invites out two weeks ago, MyWedding.com has been offline for more than 24 hours at least three times. BIG pain in the ass because we have inserts in our invitations about our wedding hotel with a block, and direct guests to our website for more information. Our hotel block is almost full, so I wanted to add info about other local hotels. Easier to post this on our website, as opposed to emailing/Facebooking/texting more than a hundred people. Well, lo and behold, this stupid website is down AGAIN. Is it that hard to keep a website running?! Has anyone else experienced this a problem with them? And any readers, steer clear unless you want your website to be unavailable half of the time.
    Relax.  If your hotel block is almost full, people are more than capable of looking up hotels in the surrounding area themselves. Your wedding invitation should have all of the most important relevant information.  You have a few weeks until your wedding, I'm guessing, so just take a deep breath, and have a margarita.  It's been out 3/14 days, which is annoying, but not the end of the world.  

• I think I used mywedding as my website (it was 2+ years ago) and I had zero issues with it. *shrug*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • We had a website that did not go down. Most of our guests didn't even look at it despite the details given on the invites, so ya know who cares if theres a hiccup. Even with a young crowd people generally aren't clamouring to read up on your wedding. If they need the info and can't find it they will ask.

• It stinks that your website keeps going down, but yeah...none of your guests are going to be that invested in your website.  Long before wedding websites were a thing, people figured out how to attend the wedding and book a hotel room on their own.  You said you had an insert with the hotel block information.  Unless your invitation and insert said "We're having a wedding and we have a hotel block. Go to our website to find out about it." and literally nothing more, then people can google the hotel, call them up, and find out more about the room block.  And if it's full, they can google city + hotels and figure it out, unless your guest list is exclusively Amish, cause if they had internet access to get to your website, they've got internet access to google.  It's not that complicated.  Your invite should have had everything they needed - date, time, location.  Everything else on your website is just additional fluff that isn't absolutely necessary.

And for what it's worth, I almost never book in the reserve block.  It's nice to offer as an option to guarantee people have rooms, particularly if you're in a tourist location where hotels are likely to fill up, but I can almost always find myself a cheaper deal (sometimes at the same hotel where the block is located) through priceline or hotel.com or similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards