Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Engagement photos makeup

We are getting our engagement photos done in 2 weeks and I am at a loss as to what eye makeup to wear. Would natural colors or brighter colors be best for photos?? Thanks for any advise given!!

Re: Engagement photos makeup

• edited October 2016
    wingsgal said:
    We are getting our engagement photos done in 2 weeks and I am at a loss as to what eye makeup to wear. Would natural colors or brighter colors be best for photos?? Thanks for any advise given!!
    It depends on your coloring, what you're wearing and what your personal style is.

Are you doing it yourself or having it done?  I'd search Pinterest for styles that speak to you and either share them with your MUA or search for easy to duplicate styles that compliment your coloring/shape and practice between now and then.

Fixed your, you're errors!  
  • Are you having a MUA or DIY?
    I watched multiple youtube videos and recreated the looks, then took pictures of myself outside (since that is where our photos were going to be) and looked at what translated the best. I do my make up daily so I didn't need to practice the styles much but if you do not you may want to start practicing now.
  • I am doing my own makeup.  I am a fair complexion, blonde with blue eyes.  I will be wearing a purple sweater.  I am not big on fashion so I have no clue what to do to look best in the pictures.  I am definitely having someone do my makeup for the wedding!!!

• wingsgal said:

I am doing my own makeup.  I am a fair complexion, blonde with blue eyes.  I will be wearing a purple sweater.  I am not big on fashion so I have no clue what to do to look best in the pictures.  I am definitely having someone do my makeup for the wedding!!!

Since you are having someone do your makeup for the wedding, can you arrange the trial for your engagement pictures? DD did that and it worked out really well.
  • wingsgal said:

I am doing my own makeup.  I am a fair complexion, blonde with blue eyes.  I will be wearing a purple sweater.  I am not big on fashion so I have no clue what to do to look best in the pictures.  I am definitely having someone do my makeup for the wedding!!!

Since you are having someone do your makeup for the wedding, can you arrange the trial for your engagement pictures? DD did that and it worked out really well.
    This is what we're doing as well.  

This Buzzfeed has some good tips.  Also @MissKittyDanger is a beauty blogger and may be able to help.

As an aside, make sure your eyebrows are shaped before your photos - at least 2-3 days out.  Bad eyebrows will kill any makeup.
  • wingsgal said:

This is what we're doing as well.  

This Buzzfeed has some good tips.  Also @MissKittyDanger is a beauty blogger and may be able to help.

As an aside, make sure your eyebrows are shaped before your photos - at least 2-3 days out.  Bad eyebrows will kill any makeup.
    Bad eyebrows ruin a lot of things! Lol

Also <3 for shout out! :)
  • Makeup choices always depend on a lot of things. Comfort level is most important. Never do something or have something done you aren't comfortable with.

Typically for engagement photos, neutral is best. That doesn't mean brown though! Skin tone also helps. For myself, when I do a neutral look it's either a nude/beige with grey OR nude with rose gold tones {think "Naked 3" palette from Urban Decay} Some browns are in there
    Definitely matte colours are best option, but you can find ways to pop some sparkle in {highlight, glitter in lips, light shimmer in blush}

There are tons of ideas but if you're getting it done, get a trial first or have a heavy convo with your makeup artist. They're very knowledgeable and can help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards