Wedding Woes

Vent thread

What's got you irritated right now? 

I'm so over Aunt Flo. That bitch needs to go and stay gone. Food cravings, cramps, and all the other associated nonsense suck.

Re: Vent thread

• edited October 2016
    Football. I am irritated at my football team.

Eta: TOUCHDOWN! and I feel a little bit better about life right now. Now if they (I almost wrote we, like I have any affect on the game lol.) can just stay out of their own way, it will be okay.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    What's got you irritated right now? 

I'm so over Aunt Flo. That bitch needs to go and stay gone. Food cravings, cramps, and all the other associated nonsense suck.
    Used to laugh at my twenty something daughter when we hit that aisle in the grocery store.  Being old has its perks.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Wine. I have no idea why I cannot keep my opinions to myself. 

Why can't I stop [drinking]?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• People telling me to smile when they know I'm sad bc I had a miscarriage and my baby died. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Wine. I have no idea why I cannot keep my opinions to myself. 

Why can't I stop [drinking]?
    My BFF of 30 years tells me I have a "gumball mouth", ie, brain thinks it, it shoots out the mouth. 

• edited October 2016
    People telling me to smile when they know I'm sad bc I had a miscarriage and my baby died. 
    OMG. Those people are jerks. I am so so sorry. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. 

Right now I am irritated that the cashier at Walmart bagged my groceries too heavy today. Like so heavy that I couldn't even carry the bags by the handles because they couldn't hold the weight without splitting open. Whyyyyyy?

ETA I am also irritated at myself for drinking Coke this afternoon. I know I'm sensitive to caffeine, and I rarely have more than 1 caffeinated drink per day (first thing in the am). I feel like I am never going to go to sleep! 

• People telling me to smile when they know I'm sad bc I had a miscarriage and my baby died. 
    What a horrible thing to say to someone!  Even in the days when we weren't supposed to discuss it, this behavior would have been terrible.

I do have trouble with people who tell me that they are praying for me and that they know I will beat cancer.  That is not going to happen, and I don't feel like explaining it to every well meaning healthy person.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    I don't even have words for how awful that is. When my friend had a miscarriage all I said was "I'm so sorry hon" followed by a hug and holding space for her.

• @redwoodoriginal screw those people, that's horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

I'm pissed that I'm still sick. I just cannot shake this stupid cold, so all I've done is sleep this weekend. 

• I'm over my boobs. By day they're great, by night I can't sleep. I'm allowed to sleep on my stomach, it doesn't bother me to lay on my stomach, but mentally I can't do it!  I roll over and lay awake and wish I was sleeping. *written at 4:16 am
    Try putting a pillow or two under your stomach to prop yourself up so the weight won't fall on your breast area.  Been there.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

I'm over my boobs. By day they're great, by night I can't sleep. I'm allowed to sleep on my stomach, it doesn't bother me to lay on my stomach, but mentally I can't do it!  I roll over and lay awake and wish I was sleeping. *written at 4:16 am
    Try putting a pillow or two under your stomach to prop yourself up so the weight won't fall on your breast area.  Been there.
    I do. It's a mental thing. I've been programmed to not do it for a month so now that I physically can, I can't mentally allow it. It'll fade sooner than later, I was just pissed last night!
    Hugs to you. So very sorry!
  • Football. I am irritated at my football team.

Eta: TOUCHDOWN! and I feel a little bit better about life right now. Now if they (I almost wrote we, like I have any affect on the game lol.) can just stay out of their own way, it will be okay.
    Are you a Michigan State fan, by chance?
  • I purchased some foundation, after seeing the reviews about it being so great  - and apparently, upon even further research, the people that get it have it shipped right away (and love it)  the people who wait - like me - will never get it.

So I'm irritated they took my money.  I did contact them and it's on back order, but according to some people on the fb page, that's a song and dance they got too.

I am so sorry, @redwoodoriginal.  Hugs.

CMGragain said:
    People telling me to smile when they know I'm sad bc I had a miscarriage and my baby died. 
    What a horrible thing to say to someone!  Even in the days when we weren't supposed to discuss it, this behavior would have been terrible.

I do have trouble with people who tell me that they are praying for me and that they know I will beat cancer.  That is not going to happen, and I don't feel like explaining it to every well meaning healthy person.

I don't know what gets into people.  My mother is very active in her church, and it's a small-ish community, so news gets around fast.  One day after Mass, an acquaintance approached her and said the usual "I heard that you have cancer, I'm so sorry, I'm praying for you," etc.  But then she veered off script and proceeded to ask her a gazillion questions ("What kind?" "Which breast?" [seriously??? unless you are her oncologist or surgeon, does it matter?!] "Is your hair going to fall out?" and my favorite "Oh my god, that's a wig? Can I touch it?").

People lose their minds in the face of someone else's serious illness, and it is sad.  So I will just say that I'm wishing you all the best, plus good chocolate.

• Holy shit, @redwoodoriginal, if there was ever a good reason to punch faces, this would be it. I'm so sorry for your loss and for the shitheadedness of others.

@CMGragain, I got a lot of "she can beat it!" when my mom was diagnosed. It was so frustrating to me. Like, NO. She is going to die. Your weird hope and optimism is not helping, it's throwing it more into my face that there is no damn hope. I'm sure it's much worse when it's you personally. I'm sorry.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited October 2016
    Fuck those fucking fucks! I'm so sorry about your loss and that you're having to deal with asshats afterwards. I think people mean well, but just don't know what to say so they say stupid shit when all they need to say is, "I'm so sorry for your loss, please let me know if you need anything." Big creepy internet hugs to you.

eta - sorry for all the f-bombs. I kind of feel strongly about this.
  • @redwoodoriginal I am so sorry for your loss.  I give you all the hugs today.

I too cannot understand other people...like who thinks it is okay to tell someone else to how to feel?  Especially after a loss like that? And I also eye roll at all the false hope people.  I get that you want to be optimistic, but seriously...enough already!

My vent is that I have a project due on Friday that is about 15% complete and I won't have everything I need until Thursday...and we knew about it for over two months now.

• @redwoodoriginal I'm so very sorry.  I know what you are going through, although I did not have any insensitive assholes telling me to smile.  I think its perfectly fine to tell those people that you are not in the mood.

Hugs to you.  Don't be afraid to show whatever emotion you have.  I felt waves of up and down.  Even months later when I was feeling better emotionally, I went tumbling back during Father's Day weekend because I felt such guilt for my H.  Know that whatever you are feeling is normal, because there is no gauge for how to react after a miscarriage. 

• So sorry @redwoodoriginal. Some people are just awful.
  • Are modified Hammer pants back in style?

My coworker is wearing these sweatpants looking things that are all baggy on top and tight around the ankles. With a junky looking t-shirt and these giant wedges that cause her to walk like she has a stick in her ass.

She looks ridiculous, but I may be old and crotchety.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

My coworker is wearing these sweatpants looking things that are all baggy on top and tight around the ankles. With a junky looking t-shirt and these giant wedges that cause her to walk like she has a stick in her ass.

Yes, unfortunately.

@redwoodoriginal: holy shit that is next-level awful.  So sorry on all fronts.

I think they're called joggers.

Yes, unfortunately.

Yes, my best friend is obsessed with them, but she's one of those people who can pull off just about anything.
  • Are they office appropriate or am I old and crotchety again?
    It depends on the material. I've seen them in silk and terry. 
    It also depends on the office, she's an Event Planner so she's allowed a lot more creativity in her wardrobe than most.
  • I just had some asshole potential customer yell at me for several minutes because he asked for the salesman and when I transferred him, it went to voicemail. He actually said if I worked for him, he'd fire me for that. I ended up hanging up on him. People piss me off so bad sometimes.