Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• So... I just called H for our evening chat (since he hasn't made the move yet), and he answered and said, in a very calm voice, "Hold on, I'm going to have to call you back. The fire dudes are here." So of course, hearing my dogs caterwauling in the background, I'm like, "Umm... What? Why?"

"Because there's a fire." <click>

I CANNOT LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• So... I just called H for our evening chat (since he hasn't made the move yet), and he answered and said, in a very calm voice, "Hold on, I'm going to have to call you back. The fire dudes are here." So of course, hearing my dogs caterwauling in the background, I'm like, "Umm... What? Why?"

:o 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Oh no!

OMG!  At least he and the dogs seem to be OK?  I hope he calls you back soon to tell you what's up.  I'd be fuh-reaking out. 
  • @AtomicBlonde Oh no!!!! is everything ok!?

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    He finally called me back. Apparently the tree at the end of the driveway snapped in two, crashed down on the power lines, and because everything is so dry, the live wires created a spark which ignited part of the tree. 

His phone died after that call and was dead until about an hour ago, and of course the power was out so he couldn't charge it to call me back.

Thanks, dude. Scare the living daylights out of me.

Etf words.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• yay for that being all it is.
    But, FFS, send a 'we're fine" text!
  • @atomicblonde he owes you big for that scare!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards