Wedding Woes

WFL?

I'm having the lasagna rolls I made for dinner last night.  They are fuh-reaking amazing and were easy.  This will be a leftover spaghetti sauce staple from now on.  My kids both had seconds. 

What did you or are you having?

Re: WFL?

• I had vegetable soup. And I was still hungry so I went to Starbucks. I really need to pack better lunches. Anyone have easy/good recipes to share?
  • not sure yet. too many meetings. can't get away until 1. :-(

i kind of want a shawarma, but it's like a 10 minute drive from my office, so i'd either need to eat fast/run back or take a long lunch. since I was trying to leave a little earlier, i don't want to be gone forever. 

• I had hot cereal. I have pudding by my desk just in case. With being sick I have little to no appetite.

@mrsconn23  share your roll recipe!
  • Chicken noodle soup with carrot and celery sticks dipped in ranch.
  • Grabbed a diet coke and a grilled chicken go wrap from Wendy's. Still hungry so I'll eat the leftover kraft mac & cheese that I have. @charlotte989875 I have the same problem - I never pack lunches that are appealing so I go out instead and spend stupid amounts of money eating out.
  • This is funny. I was about to AW my good lunch choices in the Wednesday thread. I brought baked chicken, tomato basil salad, and roasted asparagus. Somebody bought pizza for the office but I ate the food I brought instead! That's a first for me.

• Chicken wrap. I need more inspiration for meals. 
  • I had a Healthy Choice Cajun Chicken & Shrimp, with chicken that was pretty rubbery, and half an avocado.  My stomach is still rumbling, but there's no more food except candy here.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I had pizza leftover from my baby shower yesterday. and then a bunch of fun size candy bars 
  • I haven't made lasagna rolls in ages. My recipe was similar but had broccoli and ground turkey and they freeze really well.  My kids don't like the cheese part. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I haven't made lasagna rolls in ages. My recipe was similar but had broccoli and ground turkey and they freeze really well.  My kids don't like the cheese part. 
    Your kids are so weird.  ;) 
  • I had leftover Hawaiian pulled pork and rice.  The pork was from yesterday.  It was part of a pork butt, with a can of crushed pineapple and Campbells Hawaiian Luau Crock Pot Sauce.  Just made regular plain rice and mixed the two together.  I had about 3 lunches worth of leftovers and a bunch of the pork to use for other things.

I'm still hungry and thinking of going to get a slice of Sicilian. . .

• There is a small deli place on the first floor of my building.  It is a God send.  Very basic food, but cheap.  Home of the $3.25 breakfast plate (two eggs, two slices of toast, grits, and either 3 slices of bacon or 2 sausage patties).

But today I went there for lunch and got a roast beef on French with Swiss.  Probably about an 8"-9" long sandwich for $4.25.  Noshing my last couple bites as I write.  Nicely full.

Lately, I've been good and have been keeping Lean Cuisines in the freezer at work.  About TWO of those would make a really nice lunch, lol.  I control myself and supplement with yogurt or fruit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tasty sandwich from a small local chain.  But I ate it in the car while running to buy the final supplies for our pumpkin carving contest at work, so I just feel sort of gross for scarfing it like a starving wolf.
  • Leftover meatball orzo soup.
  • @charlotte989875 do you cook dinner at home often? I usually try to make enough food for dinner plus leftovers for lunch the next day. If you're in a food rut in general I have tons of recipes stockpiled that I can share with you!

• @charlotte989875 do you cook dinner at home often? I usually try to make enough food for dinner plus leftovers for lunch the next day. If you're in a food rut in general I have tons of recipes stockpiled that I can share with you!
    I do cook from home a lot, but also in a food rut, so I'd love some easy weeknight recipes!

• I've been trying to prep a weeks worth of lunches on Sunday's. This week it's roasted sweet potatoes with grilled chicken breast. Lunch is at least $15 so I had to start bringing my own. For dinners I've been buying pre cooked food from this chef in my area. She does 5 different meals for $55. It's been a god send cause I'm super lazy. 
  • edited October 2016
    charlotte989875 said:
    @charlotte989875 do you cook dinner at home often? I usually try to make enough food for dinner plus leftovers for lunch the next day. If you're in a food rut in general I have tons of recipes stockpiled that I can share with you!
    I do cook from home a lot, but also in a food rut, so I'd love some easy weeknight recipes!

Check out http://www.damndelicious.net/. She has awesome recipes. Here are some I've made recently that turned out great! I also love Cooking Light magazine. A lot of their recipes aren't available online without a subscription. I subscribed to it last year and it has been 100% worth the money.

One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/27/one-pan-honey-garlic-chicken-and-veggies/

One Pan Bruschetta Chicken http://damndelicious.net/2016/09/24/sheet-pan-bruschetta-chicken/

Slow Cooker Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Soup http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-bacon-potato-soup  

Stuffed Zucchini (you could easily sub ground turkey if you don't do ground beef) http://www.katrina-runs.com/stuffed-zucchini-2

Edited to fix links and to add that TK screwed my boxes up!

• I usually do a Lean Cuisine for lunch and like a zillion snacks because I can never get full.  I LOVE homechef, but again, the meals are not filling for me.  This is what I made yesterday! Turkey pot pie :) 

• @CharmedPam  I have never seen turkey pot pie look cute, but you have succeeded
  • It wasn't my recipe :) It was all homechef.  It was really good though and super easy!  If you're not lazy like I am and can go grocery shopping (homechef delivers) you can make it too - 
    https://www.homechef.com/meals/spooky-turkey-cauldron-pie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards