Wedding Woes

Dress me!

edited October 2016 in Wedding Woes
Clearly I have a go to look since these two aren't all that different, so help with the details, pretty please.  But if I look whack, tell me that too!

Belt or no belt?  Jeans or leggings?  Boots or booties?  Pattern or solid?

Also, ignore my face - I'm not wearing makeup or contacts and I didn't do my hair.  On Monday I'm doing my hair and make up trial before the photos so at least that will be in the hands of professionals. (edited because the photo disappeared)

Re: Dress me!

• You're gorgeous and you look fabulous in both outfits!
  • You're gorgeous and you look fabulous in both outfits!
    And we're officially besties for that but that's not a vote!
  • I'm with OWK here - All of the combinations would look great - though I don't know if I'd go for the belt depending on where your natural waist is...
  • Gorgeous! And I'm loving your glasses!

Ill actually vote.. I like solids better, and the look on the right would be my choice. No belt, and the booties are super cute, but you could do the tan boots if you're feeling like it's too dark. You could also do jeans or leggings depending on which is more comfortable. 

But you really can't go wrong with their combination. 
  • I like the one on the right better - I think it's a  more flattering. (red shirt)

The shirt/belt combo on the left can quickly go maternity because of how it cuts you. (that's a general you, not you specifically.)

The hemline on the red shirt is more interesting, and i like the darker boots/jeans combo better. 
  • I like the merlot top outfit best. It looks longer and leaner (no break with color change of boots). I also like the long necklace with it. No belt. You look great.
  • I think you look gorgeous in both, but my vote is on the print!  I know I'm in the minority, but I like clothes that show more decolletage.  I do agree with @SP29 on the shorter boots with that print, though.  The boots you're wearing in that photo make it look a little less sleek.  No belt.  Lovely!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Thanks, you guys rock!  I figured with the shoes, necklace, belt etc they were all interchangeable.  I tried on black pumps, short black booties, and tall black boots as well.

I felt cuter in the printed top and leggings but looking at the pics again this morning, I feel like the red top and jeans are better for photos.  I'm thinking no belt, a necklace that pops a little more and my black booties (seen below with leggings).  Or should I wear a taller boot to offset the width in my hips?

• No belt. I feel like it cuts you in a weird place, where as without, the shirt and sweat flow nicely giving you and good straight line on the body. I think either of the boots would work.
  • I was going to vote merlot also, but I see that's been covered.  So I will just vote no on the belt.

The boots aren't showing up so well on my monitor, so I'll abstain from voting on those.

• No belt and I love the ankle booties!
  • No belt, different necklace.  I'm indifferent on the shoes.
  • Love both but 2nd is my vote.

I'm ignoring PPs and saying keep belt. I have a shirt that's similar style and when I don't wear a belt it feels like I look like I'm wearing a sack. Belt gives a bit of definition.
    I like the taupe boots from pic 1 - so maybe those
  • edited October 2016
    I really like the second outfit, but with the boots from the first outfit better. Also, I think the belt cuts you in an odd way and would go without the belt.
  • I liked the red outfit best, the no belt option from the original pic. I'd consider the taller light boots to cut up some of the dark but also like the original red outfit as is. that is definitely my style too
  • edited October 2016

You are gorgeous! I love both looks. I will vote though because that doesn't help!

I vote #2 like everyone else, with no belt and the boots from the 1st outfit.

• SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016
    I like look #2 exactly as it is.  I think the lighter boots with that outfit would pull the eye straight to your feet. I mean, it's not like your feet/legs are unsightly or anything, but I'm thinking you probably don't want them to be the focal point.

I love the booties, but I don't like the tiny sliver of skin between the shoes and the leggings.  Maybe tallish black trouser socks and then booties get my vote?

Also, seconding all the comments about you being super adorable!
  • no belt and no booties . wear the darker boots from the first picture. the sliver of leg is weird. if you're wanting to show some skin, wear pumps. 

FWIW, i *hate* booties with the fire of 1000 suns - I dont think they look good on anyone with anything, unless the top part is covered and you can't tell they're booties. 
  • edited October 2016
    *Barbie* said:
    no belt and no booties . wear the darker boots from the first picture. the sliver of leg is weird. if you're wanting to show some skin, wear pumps. 

FWIW, i *hate* booties with the fire of 1000 suns - I dont think they look good on anyone with anything, unless the top part is covered and you can't tell they're booties. 
    I LOVE booties but I have too much respect for your shoe game to challenge this. 

ETA agree about the sliver though, I usually wear them with jeans that I slouch at the ankle.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards