Wedding Woes

Friiiiiiiiiday!

Half-day, y'all!  Getting some stuff done in the office, and then I'm off to the kids' class parties.  I about died on the way home last night: I signed up to run the game at Wooz's party, because it's one of the harder slots to fill.  (Everyone is happy to send a bag of pretzels or a package of paper plates, but organizing and leading a game is a whole other thing.)  I've been working on Sight Word Bingo for like a week now: I made a bingo grid in Excel, I copied all of Wooz's spelling words out of her agenda, wrote the words on plastic eyeballs (for the bingo balls), filled in 22 unique bingo sheets--it's been a Thing.  So we're driving home last night, and she goes "Are you just doing them with my sight words, or with everybody's?"  Huh?  "Because everyone has different sight word lists."  ::record scratch::

Turns out there are three groups, and Wooz thinks maybe she's the middle group, so I'm hoping these work for everyone.  It was everything from the beginning of the year on, so I'm hoping even group 1 will hold their own with "or," "off," "tell," etc.  A little concerned about words like "because" and "weigh," but I'm committed now.  DH said it's a good lesson in meritocracy, and if you want to win bingo, you'd best learn how to spell.  So, not much help there. :)

DS is unbelievably pleased with his T. rex costume.  He is usually such a dawdler, but getting him dressed was easy this morning because he couldn't wait to put it on.  Poor DH was DS's Sherpa this morning; his bag included: book character pumpkin (Lucy from the Peanuts gang), book to go with the pumpkin (Great Pumpkin Look and Find), book to go with his costume (because of course it has to be book character costume day "to promote literacy"), pumpkin bucket to collect treats during the schoolwide costume parade, sack of baked cheese curls to pass out to the other classes during the parade, two dozen Halloween cookies for his class party, and his homework folder. 

In non-Halloween news, my mother has officially completed her last round of chemo, and her doctor said that the mass moves freely every which way, which means it's not attached to the chest wall.  That is a good thing, for surgery.  Each round of chemo has been a little rougher than the last, so my mom was sort of dreading this one, but looking forward to having it behind her.

What are y'all up to today and this weekend?  We have zero obligations all weekend (aside from the usual swim), and tomorrow night is date night.  It will be glorious.

Re: Friiiiiiiiiday!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2016
    I have 4 cavities.  Womp, womp.  Consoled myself with beer and great bcbc with DH.   It's nice to have a reminder that y'all still 'got it' after almost 13 years. (Not that I've ever had any complaints. ;)

Tonight and tomorrow, we have no plans. 
    Sunday, COLTS GAME! 
  • Vibes to your mom, @Heffalump!

The week is finally over.  I just have to make it through lunch.  There is internal debate on whether I'll make it or not.  I took my book up to the rooftop bar last night and watched armies of small children march up and down the main street for the town-sponsored trick-or-treat event.  That yearning for a family sucker punched me again, so I drank too much wine and I'm paying for it today.  Rooftop bar: all the points.

We are doing some packing this weekend, and I don't know what else.  I kinda want to go to that haunted house attraction we didn't go to a few weeks ago, but it being Halloweekend and all, I know it'll be slammed.  I am looking forward to seeing H and the dogs, though, so maybe staying in won't be the worst thing.

The stupid rollover ads at the top of the TK webpage keep randomly blowing up across my screen without provocation, and I keep inadvertently clicking on them.  I am growing more and more irritated.  My rings are already insured, kthxbai.

OMG.  STOP IT.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I have to take an anti-corruption training today.  Except for some reason I'm not associated with my company and they said it could take up to 72 hours.  Boo I wanted to do it this morning.  Boss asked me to work tomorrow too. 8-9:30 kinda sucks, but I get double time when they book my hours so I'm not going to complain since I'll be up anyway.

Saturday afternoon soccer and Saturday night I think we're going to walk the neighborhood to see Halloween houses.  We've got 3 that go crazy.

Sunday I have something at church. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I have 4 cavities.  Womp, womp.  Consoled myself with beer and great bcbc with DH.   It's nice to have a reminder that y'all still 'got it' after almost 13 years. (Not that I've ever had any complaints. ;)

Tonight and tomorrow, we have no plans. 
    Sunday, COLTS GAME! 

Boo to cavities and yay to BCBC.  DH and I engaged in some BCBC ourselves before the alarm this morning. :)

• 6fsn said:
    I have to take an anti-corruption training today.  
    Our Anti-corruption training is the cheesiest shit ever.  The actors and scenarios so ridiculous.  We have to take it once a year and it's been the same damn video for at least 2-3 years. I always cringe when it's on my schedule. 
  • I'm glad your mom is done with chemo Heffa!  That's great!

Today I have nothing but work.  Tomorrow, FI and a buddy are headed to Cleveland for the Browns/Jets game and I'm watching the Michigan/State game with friends and then going bar hopping for Halloween after.  Except I don't have a costume yet!  Oops.  I should probably get on that.
  • Hugs and YAY for your mom, Heffa! I hope her surgery goes as planned.

Last night H made me dinner. Which is his go-to "I fucked up and I'm sorry". Nice, but you can't keep doing shit like this, grilling a piece of chicken and thinking everything's fine. I really wanted to wait until he was done cooking and then be like, "Nah, I think I'll have ramen" because that's how I felt when I got tickets and he didn't want to go for no reason at all.

My clarisonic died earlier this week. Same thing the last one did - only one part moves and it doesn't work right. I have horrible skin and I really need it. I ordered a new one online because it was cheaper and it's going to arrive tomorrow instead of Tuesday, thank god.

Today I have a wax, tomorrow a Halloween party, Sunday nothin' and Bears game Monday. Still don't know what is going on with these Hawks tickets for Tuesday.

Oh, also, GO CUBS GOOO! 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

• The stupid rollover ads at the top of the TK webpage keep randomly blowing up across my screen without provocation, and I keep inadvertently clicking on them.  I am growing more and more irritated.  My rings are already insured, kthxbai.

OMG.  STOP IT.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!  I AM SO ANNOYED BY THIS TOO!
  • YAY for your mom's last chemo, @Heffalump.  Here's to never having that shit again.  Worst.cocktail.ever (so I've heard).  ;) 

Have she/they decided on lumpectomy or mastectomy?  I can't remember. 
  • Good news on mom, @Heffalump!

@shessocold, I hear what you're saying.  I couldn't stay up EVERY night past 12 or so, but a special night once and awhile, shouldn't be a problem.  We couldn't afford tickets this year, but Im hoping to go next season. 

I had two cancellations for wedding prep appointments.  One, was for a waxing.  I even drove to the place, and the lady wasn't even there. I got in my car, checked my mail and she had emailed me an hour before to cancel but I never got it. grrrr.

Then I got a confirmation about my eye lash extension (didn't want to bother with fakes) last night, said I'd be there and today I get a text from her saying she has the flu and has to reschedule for Sunday.  I text her back and say today was the last day to do it, I leave town tomorrow and she suddenly says she'll go in for me, and maybe she'll feel better by then?

Two things are going through my mind.  If your'e sick - you're NOT getting me sick.....or b) she's just playing hooky but will come in for me...either way I don't want to take the chance.  I told her I would feel bad about making her work if she's sick, and I can just cancel if no one else can do it?  She finds someone to take her place so let's see if that'll happen or not.  In both cases with the waxing and lashes, it's not the end of the world.  I can get fakes and save a ton of money I guess.

Also, why did I book a 6:15 a.m. flight?  I'm getting up at 3:30 tomorrow! 

• Yay for your mum! @Heffalump  :D she must be excited!

Not much last night. Groceries - good deals so under budget but H was being cranky pants about dinner {I wanted to pick up from store, he wanted to order out} so we ended up getting Swiss Chalet. I got a share platter to myself for the sheer fact of left overs.
    Also since my back stiffened up, last night my mum cracked my back. I can't tell you how good it felt lol I ended up taking a bath to relax the muscles.

Tonight isn't much. H is going to be switching around our couch. We have a sectional and the way it is now doesn't work with our living room. I told him if he doesn't need my help, I'll be bringing boxes to the basement and some dishes.

Saturday is only day we have plans. In past years our friends have held a pumpkin carving party, but this year we're doing it at our place. I need to remember to print off some carving options.
    H is also going to see a horror movie with his buddy, so this will give me time to tidy up and get things organized. I think he's BBQ'ing for dinner ....

Sunday I told H is low-key. Cleaning and movies is ideal.
  • @ShesSoCold  have you used other brands? I have an Olay facial cleaner that's similar {but not same} to the Clairsonic. I've heard similar issues with other people and the clairsonic dying :\
  • My hair is doing weird things today so I spent 20 minutes doing it for absolutely no reason. 

Im buying some pumpkins today and carving them even though I have no artistic abilities. I love finally having a front porch to decorate and living in a neighborhood where kids are super excited for trick or treating is fun. H bought 15 pounds of candy last night, and our neighbor said that might not be enough. I usually hate Halloween but this might be fun!

Other than that just running and house projects on tap for this weekend. 
  • @ShesSoCold  have you used other brands? I have an Olay facial cleaner that's similar {but not same} to the Clairsonic. I've heard similar issues with other people and the clairsonic dying :\

I've tried the olay one and the proactive one. Not a fan. I freaking love my clarisonic and I'd pay $1000 for one. Both of mine were probably 4+ years old when they died, so I'm not mad.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Facebook reminded me that at this time last year, we already had the furniture redone and placed in Mouse's room. New baby is due a day before his b-day and we haven't even started! I really need to take advantage of this beautiful weather and get out in the garage to paint her dresser. 

My new work computer came in yesterday and it's so tiny! It's literally the size of an external cd-drive. I can't use it yet, though, because it's not compatible with my monitor. The new monitor should be here in about an hour.

No plans this weekend other than starting on the baby's room. Oh and MIL is supposed to get back in town tomorrow. She left Sept 25th (had to leave the wedding reception early to go to GA to gamble cuz you know...priorities) and it's been nice not having to see her every Saturday. However, I have a great reason not to see her tomorrow morning if she gets back that early. I'm buying tires for my oldest son's car. I took the advice from you guys and my mom and decided not to do everything he needed, just the tires and that's his birthday present. He did finally get a job, though, and started yesterday. I don't feel like I'm enabling him as much now.

I've tried the olay one and the proactive one. Not a fan. I freaking love my clarisonic and I'd pay $1000 for one. Both of mine were probably 4+ years old when they died, so I'm not mad.
    Ahh okay, that's a fair amount of time before it died at least! I heard some dying at like 2yr mark :\

• @Heffalump  - great news about your mom!

I'm not working these days so Friday is just like every other day.   We were given tickets to the Broncos game on Sunday.  Plan on heading over there early Sunday morning (3+ hour drive), then staying the night.  We have former co-worker from our days in the islands that works at the hotel we will be staying so we will met up with him after the game.   

Not sure our plans for tonight or tomorrow. We live in a seasonal town.  It's shoulder season (aka no tourist) and there has been a mass exodus of friends going on vacation.  Not many people around.  Heck, we normally leave ourselves, but with moving and DH's surgery it wasn't in the cards this year.  The is will be first year we have stayed around this time of year.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Morning, yall.

Yay Heffa!! So happy that your mom is done with chemo. Hugs to you guys!

Jealous of all you ladies getting some BCBC. 2 more weeks til I can get mine ;)

Totally understand where you're coming from SSC. DH does similar things. He never wants to do anything on nights when he's working, regardless of how early we would be home. A couple of times I've specifically asked him to do things with me, he's said yes, and then completely changed his mind last minute. It makes me so mad.

Nothing too exciting this weekend. I'm going to a Halloween party on Saturday. I got the cutest flapper costume for it. Other than that I'll just be doing the usual grocery shopping, meal prep, laundry. I also really need to sweep and mop the floor. The dogs are shedding like CRAZY.  

• Great news for your mom Heffa!  I hope it continues!

I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon to follow up after my cleaning.  The Dr saw what he thought was pregnancy induced gum issues.  So I follow up ASAP (I already get my teeth cleaned 3 times per year and alternate between the regular dentist and a periodontist).  So the other dr takes a look in my mouth and can't find the spot.  I think my gums just flared up for the initial cleaning and eventually receded!  Yay!  Then the dr says, well you are here want to take care of the filling to replace (which was initially going to wait until after baby).  So I just got it over with.  She barely used any numbing agent, but I still didn't feel anything.  And I didn't have the annoying face un-numbing itches like I normally would!

Then I went home and worked my remaining hours from home.  Our Citrix was SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW.  I had 5 PDFs (about 9 pages each) that I had to read and add in certain info to my spreadsheet.  It was so slow, that took me almost 2 hours.  Should have taken me 30 minutes, tops.

The remaining evening was uneventful.

This weekend, we need to open up the crib and changing table boxes to make sure they aren't damaged and we have all of the pieces.  BILs birthday is coming up and we will be hosting the dinner on Sunday.  So I will have the cake to make, H will do the ice cream, and we will both do the dinner together.  H also has to work for a few hours on Saturday.

• @Heffalump - glad to hear that your mom is continuing to progress well. hopefully they can go the less invasive route, but at least she is accepting that it may need to be more to give her the best results. 

@SaintPaulGal - your pumpkin is awesome. we still need to get some to carve. we get intense in the actual carving, but nothing that fancy. i like it. 

i miss BCBC - hacking up a lung isn't particularly sexy, and DK has a sore throat, so it's been a little bit. hoping this weekend is a little brighter with the meds. 

Online shopping is dangerous. I got some cute jewelry in the mail today:

• Okay clearly BCBC is sex related but I got nothing on what it actually stands for. Clearly I need some more of it. 

@*barbie those are super cute!
  • Okay clearly BCBC is sex related but I got nothing on what it actually stands for. Clearly I need some more of it. 

BCBC = Brown Chicken Brown Cow

There's a joke (I actually can't remember it at the moment) with the punchline "Brown Chicken Brown Cow" said to the tune of bow chicka bow wow.

• SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016
    Okay clearly BCBC is sex related but I got nothing on what it actually stands for. Clearly I need some more of it. 

Thank you @kimmiinthemitten! I was scratching my head but didn't want to have to ask. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards