Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay!

Good morning, WW, everyone excited for the weekend? We've got no big plans, 7 mile run (race next weekend!) and football watching, but that's about it. Checking out a new bar with Steelers fans one Sunday. 

Im working from home today, which is normally great, but the internet is out. I reset it, still nothing. I text H (who tells me to reset it), and nothing. He set up the account so I don't know any of the passwords and I have a sneaking suspicion that he forgot to pay the bill. The DirectTV is also out so well see. I'm off to get a haircut/color and thinking of maybe trying something new (maybe a bailage? I have dark brown hair). I'll probably chicken out before I get there. 

Thats all I have, what's everyone else's weekend plans?

Re: Fri-Yay!

• @charlotte989875  could there be outages with your internet provider? Normally companies don't cut if just 1 bill isn't paid.

Not much last night. Laundry and made food. H had to WFH last night, but he was definitely more productive than the night before.
    We're hoping he doesn't have to work this weekend.

H's cousin had her baby! She went into hospital at 1am Thursday, but they sent her home for a few hours. Baby was born at 6pm. Mama and baby doing well, new-dad had issues with diaper but I'm assuming that's typical.
    I showed H the post his aunt made about it, and I told him that typically dads are the ones who do the diaper right away.
    He laughed and said "Yeh that makes sense. You've just done a lot, so other person has to step up and do something. It's not like I could give birth for you."
    My response: "You mean tag team labour isn't a thing? Well shit ..."

Ended up watching a bunch of pregnancy announcement compilations because they're great. I got a tad emotional at a few.

Went to bed with my left eye itchy as fuck. I'm out of allergy meds, so I put some cold water on it and used a q-tip to rub the inside in case anything was there. I think it's the basement, since I did laundry.
    Woke up this morning and my eye is pretty much worse. Definitely more swollen than last night, and because I did the water in my eye it was all crusty. Grrr .... this is going to make my day really hard. Luckily my hands are cold, so I keep holding my fingers against my lower lid and trying to open my eye a bit.

Tonight I'm not sure what my plan is. H is going to a football game with SFIL, so I may just swing by Starbucks for a creme brulee latte and see what I can pick up for decor and tins for xmas baking at the dollarama.

This weekend plan: {assuming H doesn't work}
    set couch up properly, bring bookshelf upstairs, take doors off closet in office, hopefully clean basement {or convince H to do it while I do bathrooms ...}
    I wanted to do some xmas shopping, but thinking that has to wait ...
  • You should try the bailage! They can do it really subtle where it won't be a huge shock to you.

Got my hair cut and colored last night and I feel like a new woman. Earlier this year I was pretty much platinum blonde (maybe just a tad darker) but it ended up being really expensive to keep up and I could tell it was starting to damage my hair. I've been trying to go back to my natural color for a few months and my hair hasn't been wanting to cooperate :( hopefully this time around it will stick longer.

Tonight I've got nothing and I'm totally looking forward to it. I've got some shows DVRed that I want to catch up on.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to a LulaRoe brunch party. It's a clothing line that's supposed to be cute and comfortable so I'm always on board with that. I'm mostly going for the mimosas though, let's be honest ;) After that I will probably get some groceries and clean. The house was severely neglected while I was sick. Plus I kinda feel like I need to bleach everything.

Sunday I've got church and then nothing. Next week is going to be crazy so I'm welcoming the rest while I can get some!

• @MissKittyDanger good point I'll check the outages. Here I am blaming H when it probably isn't our account. Although he does have a track record for that. 
  • I have literally nothing all weekend. It's even our bye week.

It will be glorious.

I will clean all the things - the regular house stuff, the windows, the garage, the basement and crawl space, I want to organize a desk. I will crawl so far up H's ass to put in an outlet so we can finally plug in the damned coffee pot. I'm hoping to get the regular house cleaning done tonight so my other shit cleaning motivation isn't killed.

Maybe I'll actually use the Sunday ticket this week. It's week 9 and I've watched like 20 minutes of out of market games this season.

@charlotte989875 I think it takes at least two months for DirectTV to cut your services. Hopefully that isn't the case for you. :/

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I leave for vacation tomorrow!  It will be a glorious week in Vegas with highs near 80 each day!  I will eat all the food and I will let H have some of the booze!  Not fair if I can't partake! :p

Yesterday afternoon had a bit of crazy thrown in.  I think I've mentioned my office roommate here before, but yesterday he was full on asleep at around 3:30 in the afternoon.  He was so soundly asleep that I got a picture no problem.  A partner came in and woke him up and had to bang and talk very loudly to get him awake.  He was very hard to rouse from his slumber.  He's been caught sleeping before, so I'm sure nothing will happen (per usual).  But he's not yet in for the day.  I can't imagine being caught sleeping at the office and not showing up for work the next day at least a half hour early.

Took Olive to the vet last night for her check up and even after drugging her up, she was a crazy woman bucking around like a bronco when they tried to clip her nails.  Usually me talking to her about her favorite things keeps her calm, but not yesterday.  She even got a leg tangled in her harness, my poor girl.  They ended up muzzling her, which allowed the doctor to finish.  She did get one clipped too short and it bled for a bit.  But the quick stop finally worked and she was ok and calmed down once her clipping was finished.  We took her home and she ate her dinner and then slept off her drug induced stupor.  But she's acting like nothing happened this morning, so that's good!

• I have some bailage highlights and love them!  I have olive skin and dark hair so I'm super particular about having blonde near my face, but this style of highlight makes it look more natural and sun kissed.

Two nights ago FI and I got into a huge fight about rewriting our ceremony script.  We started it a few months ago but literally just copied and pasted pieces from the internet.  There's only a couple things I really really loved.  The intent was as we got closer, we could review and rewrite.  I've been asking him for over a week to review it and he keeps blowing me off.  I read it myself, hated it because it's super stuffy and formal, and then got so mad at him for treating this like our tax returns.  After we came to resolution, he suggested we get boozy tonight and look at it again.  Good man.

Tomorrow we have tickets to the Michigan Maryland game- go Blue!  I'm not sure what our tailgate plan is but there will be one.
  • @thefanciestbeckler I feel you on the platinum upkeep. Not only does the roots show really bad, but if you're not careful it goes yellow so damn easy!

@ShesSoCold  "bye week" ? 
  • @thefanciestbeckler I feel you on the platinum upkeep. Not only does the roots show really bad, but if you're not careful it goes yellow so damn easy!

@ShesSoCold  "bye week" ? 

Football. Every team gets a week off.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Found out yesterday I didn't get another job I thought I was close to getting.  The other job where they had re-listed after I made it through the 2nd interview, my application was just turned into "No Longer Under Consideration".  I don't really know why.  I do know this is the 3rd time the job has been re-listed, so maybe I'm just not qualified enough and they think they can find better?  

I don't really know what to do at this point.  I'm feeling pretty lost.  Yes, I've been fired twice.  Yes, I'm a common denominator.  The other common denominator is working for those two attorneys who have the worst reputation amongst legal staff in my city to work for.  I'm applying to another field where my skill set is easily transferable (and I actually would really like to get into this field), but those companies are obscenely slow.  Add on top of that, that I'm now firmly in the year anniversary of where things went to absolute shit in my marriage (November 11 is where I first asked for a divorce, December 14 is where I moved out). I'm just not doing so well.  I had a full on ugly, loud cry last night on K's shoulder.  She handled it well, which I'm highly appreciative of.  

The stress is just starting to get to me and I don't really have an outlet or escape for it.  I am going to go see one of my very best old friends in StL the 17th-20th (K has a convention there so we're staying with BFF), and I have this fun fundraiser on the 12th (that tickets were given to me and my mother rented my dress b/c budget lockdown), so I'm trying to look forward to those things and keep my head up.

I'm making myself cook every day for us, which is good for me.  I'm starting on her tux for the pageant today.  We have to go to a pageant tonight to support some friends.  Other than that, I think I might be hiding from the world.
  • Things are settling down here.  My brother and I were texting this morning because neither of us had heard from our mom since Wednesday.  I called and got her voicemail, so I left a message and she didn't call me back.  So I called the church ladies to see if any of them had heard from her, and they had not.  One of them went to check on her and luckily she is okay--running a fever again, so she has to go back to the doctor, but otherwise doing all right.  Turns out she is having phone trouble, and getting to the AT&T store hasn't been a huge priority with everything else.  So that's a relief.

I just talked to one of our sales managers, and we have to go see a disgruntled customer Monday.  And they're totally right to be disgruntled--the factory totally effed up their order, and someone from management has to show up and be yelled at.  My boss will be out of town, so yay me.  Sales Manager said I'll be like Joan of Arc, but I told him I'm hoping things turn out slightly better for me.

DH was all stressed out this morning, so hopefully he'll be feeling better tonight. 

This weekend, we have a birthday party on the calendar, and nothing else.  I think the kids and I will bake some fall cookies.  Maybe the four of us will go hiking at some point, but TBH I'm feeling a little tired/lazy right now.  Just really glad it's Friday.

• I am driving back home at some point tonight.  H is going camping with some of his buddies from work, and there are some last minute things we need to do before the movers show up on Monday morning (!!!!!!!!!).  I think I will spend Saturday on the couch with the dogs quietly binge-watching something mindless on Netflix.  Sunday I see as more of the same.

I am really anxious about how the move is going to affect Toothless.  A year ago yesterday, the vet gave him six months ("And I'm being generous," she said.).  But his heart is still too big, and it's still working too hard, and he'll never not be sick.  H has told me I need to be prepared for the fact that the move may end up killing Toothless.  I know he's right, but sometimes, I wish he wasn't so damn pragmatic.

Realistically, Toothless IS an 11yo Doberman, which is amazing to begin with, and the fact that he's 11 and has lived for over a year with a disease that typically kills his breed in a matter of weeks is even more so.  So I am thankful for that.  But, it's still an added worry that I am ill-equipped to deal with.

On a lighter note, I got an email from USPS that our 12-months of mail forwarding service from our apt to our first house is expiring at the end of the month.  I about laughed myself sick, and immediately signed up for the mail to be forwarded from the first house to the new place.  Also, one of my "neighbors" verified for Next Door on my behalf that I do actually "live" in the new place, so more fits of giggles.  

Sad note again: we're "so far out in the sticks" that there are exactly zero local book clubs.  I am seriously considering starting my own once we get settled, but I have the social graces of a sack of bricks, so not sure how that would go.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Happy Friday!
    DH and I spent an extra night at MIL's. It was nice because it gave me a chance to talk to her, I love her and am so happy to have her in our lives. She and I stayed up to watch the cubbies win. DH and I left at 6am yesterday, made it home and actually made progress on organizing the house for the movers. When we thought they were coming this week, before DH left, I was letting him be in charge, 100% his circus. Now that it is my circus there are some things that need to be done, lol. He made a big dent in his office, my room is done, he went through his closet last night and we have a huge pile of clothes to take to the mission. We went to bed early and I finally feel rested.
    Today, the organizing, purging, and packing continues. The downstairs will be easier I think. I need to take my car in to be looked at. While driving in yesterday, the oil pressure was really low but the level look fine when we checked it. 
    Tomorrow, I take DH to the airport at 5am. Then I will probably lay around all day and distract myself with football. There will still be cleaning/organizing to do but I don't have much hope I will do it.
  • @AtomicBlonde, does Toothless have congestive heart failure?

Either way, hugs.

• @ShesSoCold H has been mad because every game for his team but 1 has been on network TV so the Sunday Ticket is going to waste (we got it free this year for signing up for DirecTV). Normally his team is on network TV 1-2 times per year so it has been weird with it being on almost every weekend. I would be mad if we had paid for it but really it's like don't complain you get to see the games either way 
  • Heffalump said:

@AtomicBlonde, does Toothless have congestive heart failure?

Either way, hugs.

Thanks :smile: He does have CHF, more specifically, dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).  The breed is genetically predisposed, and I always knew it was a risk when I rescued him.  It's just sucky.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• edited November 2016
    Yesterday was a crappy day for me and H at our respective places of employment. Hopefully today will be better. 

Tomorrow, the only thing I have planned is to work on the baby's room some more. OH...we're going antique shopping, too. Last year, we bought a dresser that we were going to use in Mouse's room, but H left it in the bed of his truck and it got wet. When it got wet, it swelled up because it's all plywood. It's been sitting in the garage since then and I was going to use it for new baby, but H doesn't want to. He wants to go find something nicer. OK!

Sunday, we're going to the zoo. 

eta - On the topic of pets. I think my cat's kidney problem has returned. I'm going to have H check him tonight and if it has, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I was told if he blocks again, he'll need surgery. The surgery alone is $1500 and we can't afford it. 
  • Nothing set but tonight the downtown area in my town has some holiday kickoff thing - i'm not ready for Christmas yet but they do some sort of live displays so it will be worth walking around. Still need to get some baby stuff but am waiting for H's friends who keep saying "I'm buying you X from the registry" to actually do it - but we're about at crunch time so I plan to go to Target tomorrow to get the 2 must-haves I can think of (pack n play sheets and hospital outfit)
  • Happy Friday!
    DH and I spent an extra night at MIL's. It was nice because it gave me a chance to talk to her, I love her and am so happy to have her in our lives. She and I stayed up to watch the cubbies win. DH and I left at 6am yesterday, made it home and actually made progress on organizing the house for the movers. When we thought they were coming this week, before DH left, I was letting him be in charge, 100% his circus. Now that it is my circus there are some things that need to be done, lol. He made a big dent in his office, my room is done, he went through his closet last night and we have a huge pile of clothes to take to the mission. We went to bed early and I finally feel rested.
    Today, the organizing, purging, and packing continues. The downstairs will be easier I think. I need to take my car in to be looked at. While driving in yesterday, the oil pressure was really low but the level look fine when we checked it. 
    Tomorrow, I take DH to the airport at 5am. Then I will probably lay around all day and distract myself with football. There will still be cleaning/organizing to do but I don't have much hope I will do it.
    Wait, you're an OMH now and I missed it!  Congrats!

• @ShesSoCold  "bye week" ? 

Football. Every team gets a week off.
    This made me think of our photographer on Monday when we were at Ford Field.  They're a husband wife team and she knows zero about sportsball.

W:  Can you stand above the Tiger?
    H:  It's a Lion - our football team is the Lions.
    W:  The cat.  Can you stand above the cat?
    or
    W:  So the quarterback is the one who throws the ball?
    H:  Sometimes.
    Me:  Usually he just hands it off for 2 yards.
    W:  So quarterbacks don't throw the ball?  I'm confused.

Your photographer sounds like me. lmao!
  • Heffalump said:

@AtomicBlonde, does Toothless have congestive heart failure?

Either way, hugs.

Thanks :smile: He does have CHF, more specifically, dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).  The breed is genetically predisposed, and I always knew it was a risk when I rescued him.  It's just sucky.

I'm sorry.
  • @AtomicBlonde  Yay for moving joy and excitement! Poor Toothless :( Hopefully he does well with the move.
    Weird question, does his issues cause him pain? How did you find out he had these issues? I'm not familiar with Dobermans' 
  • So my mom's friend who checked on her just texted me, and my mom wants me to stay with her tonight.  So I guess I'm taking Wooz to riding, handing the kids off to DH, and hitting the road.  Which means DH gets to take DS to swim tomorrow and then haul the kids to the birthday party.  (It's for one of DS's friends, but the mom texted me to say that she had extra space if we wanted to bring Wooz.  Usually she would skip it, but it looks like she's going now.) 

Good thing I was just saying we didn't have big plans.

Also, Wooz's fun run fundraiser is today, and I hate it so much.  The fun run is fine, it's just that this is the first year they've had an outside company run it, and it is so slick and commercial now, and that's what I hate.  I feel like Charlie Brown in his Christmas special.

"Oh no, my own dog has gone commercial.  I can't stand it!"

• Wait, you're an OMH now and I missed it!  Congrats!
    Hehe, 2 weeks tomorrow. Shameless AW? Sure thing ;)

Gorgeous!  That veil is everything!!  Congrats again!

@AtomicBlonde sorry about Toothless, poor pup.
  • Giant hugs @VarunaTT .  Giant hugs

I think I'm getting sick. I did a massive grocery shop and when I got home I started to feel achy and cold and queasy.  I bent over to put something away and almost passed out.  Now I'm in sweats, a bathrobe, and a blanket.  It's 67 in the house. 

We have a tournament this weekend.  Games at 8 and 12:20 tomorrow then I have a haircut.  Sunday game at 10 and depending on how the first 3 go, possibly a fourth sometime.
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, everyone :smile:

@MissKittyDanger, I'm hypersensitive to any kind of coughing that Toothless has, because usually with Dobes, that's the first overt symptom, and by the time it's diagnosed, the disease is so advanced there's nothing really to be done.  So I rush him off to the vet when he has any kind of prolonged coughing or wheeze.  H convinced me that we should take the dogs to our engagement photo shoot last fall, so we drove halfway up the East Coast from where we lived to get pictures taken.  On the way back, we sat in traffic forEVER so our long trip was even longer with fewer opportunities to stop.  With DCM, fluid tends to build up in the lungs (causing the coughing), and because he couldn't move around much, it kind of settled in one place and he started to cough.  It didn't get better after we got home, so I panicked and took him in, and that was when they gave us the diagnosis.  So I credit H with the fact that Toothless is still with us.  No, I don't think he's in any pain.  I think it's just uncomfortable on his bad days.  I'm sure the cough doesn't feel great, but he has never acted like a dog in pain.

HOLY TOLEDO, does anyone else's TK look like this????  I CAN'T MAKE IT GO AWAY.Edited because I no longer understand how to use this website.

--Philip Pullman

• Yesterday was a crappy day for me and H at our respective places of employment. Hopefully today will be better. 

Tomorrow, the only thing I have planned is to work on the baby's room some more. OH...we're going antique shopping, too. Last year, we bought a dresser that we were going to use in Mouse's room, but H left it in the bed of his truck and it got wet. When it got wet, it swelled up because it's all plywood. It's been sitting in the garage since then and I was going to use it for new baby, but H doesn't want to. He wants to go find something nicer. OK!

Sunday, we're going to the zoo. 

eta - On the topic of pets. I think my cat's kidney problem has returned. I'm going to have H check him tonight and if it has, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I was told if he blocks again, he'll need surgery. The surgery alone is $1500 and we can't afford it. 
    Boo to having a bad day :(

Yay dresser shopping! :)

Pet surgery seems to be pricey. Last December when Angel had stomach issues and vet said his teeth were causing his body stress, they quoted us about $1500 for the surgery also {that's if he has to have more teeth than anticipated taken out}
    We've been putting it off because after changing food, he seems to be better.

Is it kidney stones your cat has??
  • @AtomicBlonde  I get the hypersensitive about the coughing, given that you know it's a sign. That makes sense.
    Yay for being in engagement shots though :) That must have been fun, despite the drive home :(

That's good he's not in pain, I think that part would bother me if my pet was in pain. Even though there's not much you can do, is there anything that can help?

Btw no, my TK isn't like that.