Nevada-Las Vegas

Multiple photogs

For those that had a hotel photog AND a hired gun, how did that work during the ceremony?  We have 3 photogs during the ceremony and we are trying to figure out how to take advantage of all 3 without causing issues amongst them.  Did your hotel photog take the lead or your hired photog?

Thanks!
Bi-oh-rama
Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
"The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

Re: Multiple photogs

• edited December 2011
    I'm super jealous! For CP brides our hired photogs can't snap the ceremony!
  • kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto....MB doesn't allow my outside photog to shoot during the ceremony :( 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_multiple-photogs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a38a6135-6ef3-4eb0-84ad-31d61932beadPost:993648b0-7633-47a9-a43a-91aff6eccd28">Re: Multiple photogs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm super jealous! For CP brides our hired photogs can't snap the ceremony!
    Posted by kasonandjeri[/QUOTE]

I was a CP bride the first time I got married (about 5 years ago) and I remember being frustrated that we couldn't have a private photog but I couldn't have been happier with their guy. I think his name was Scott, we didn't meet him til the morning off but he was wonderful. Our pics were amazing. I know it's hard but try not to stress!! lol

FYI, We also didn't request a videographer (we were young and poor) but they did videotape anyway and sold it to us after for less than 1/2 what it would have been if we'd bought it ahead of time.
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not lucky...just opted not to get married in the chapel. 
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• edited December 2011
    Both our videographer and photographer asked in advance who the other was becasue they were each concerned about the other getting in shots; fortunately they not only knew each other but our photographer had hired our videographer to shoot their own wedding so it was a non-issue.  I think there was something in the photogs contract about other people shooting and they're not responsible if those people cause issues, so on and so forth so it's a valid concern.  I'd bring it up to both parties in advance and make sure they can play nice.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my photog already told me that he would just sit and take photos without a flash or I could ask the other photog not to take any pics during the ceremony.  I'd like to tell him to just talk to the other guy in advance and make a plan. However, I found it odd that he was already assuming that he wouldn't shoot.

My issue is this:  I get a photog for the ceremony and formals with my package.  Said package ALSO includes 24 prints so why would I not take advantage of that?  Well, my hired photog offered me print credits so he can shoot the ceremony.  So then I was thinking, well, maybe I let hotel photog shoot the formals and get my prints from that but still get my print credits for the ceremony/reception.

So confused.
    Bi-oh-rama

• edited December 2011
    CP brides can have their own photog in the chapel in addition to the one w/the package.  i'm doing it and i have the email from my wedding coordinator printed out and ready to bring with me if they start to harass me.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards