Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

No photos 3 months after wedding

Hi,

I'm here seeking for advice. So it has been 3 months since our wedding date, and we still haven't received any photos, nothing except for the 1 photo he posted on his FB page. What's really makes me feel uncomfortable is that the photographer lied several times about the delivery date, from the end of Friday, to next weekend, I've heard so many different versions from him so far. Of course, none of them is true. I've told him is that if he needs more time to edit, that's fine with me, just let me know, and I just need some photos so that I can show my family members during Thanksgiving. I mean, am I asking too much?? It's so just hard to reach the photographer, he doesn't really respond to emails, he doesn't reply photo calls, he simply just ignores you.

Ironically, he has 5-star review everywhere I can find on the internet - the knot, yelp, google, you name it. I'm thinking about posting bad reviews about him and sending him a certified letter. But honestly speaking, I don't want to do that, I just want a response, and no lies anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all!

Re: No photos 3 months after wedding

• As @climbingwife pointed out, your contract should have some verbiage about delivery time. After you've looked that over and determined he's over the contracted deadline, send him a certified letter demanding delivery by a certain date.
  • As @climbingwife pointed out, your contract should have some verbiage about delivery time. After you've looked that over and determined he's over the contracted deadline, send him a certified letter demanding delivery by a certain date.
    This. It all depends on what your written contract says.

Once you read it, contact him one more time regarding the specific contract points. If he doesn't respond ASAP I would send him a registered letter highlighting the points of your contract (you agreed to provide X number of edited digital copies of our photos by Y date), and what you would like to see happen, and that you will take legal action if not.
  • I agree with @SP29, go back to the contract, contact him directly once more with a deadline, then send a registered letter with what you want to happen with a date to respond by. 

I would not recommend going to reviewer sites or social media at this point. You want to get your pictures and you don't want things to go south (him holding them hostage or not editing them well, etc) if you go that route. Stay professional, use direct language about what you're expecting based on your contract and what steps you will take if those things are not delivered (contacting an attorney, approaching the BBB if you have one, etc). I know it's tempting to try and "out" his bad service online, but that's unlikely to help you get what you want, which are edited pictures. 
  • Hi - I am having the same problem with my photographer. It has only been 2 months so I am trying to be patient. I just reviewed my contract and there is nothing about timing or delivery. How long should I wait before contacting my photographer? She is an independent photographer and does all the editing herself. I saw on FB that before the holidays she completed the wedding 2 weeks before mine.

Thanks!
  • cmcginni2 said:
    Hi - I am having the same problem with my photographer. It has only been 2 months so I am trying to be patient. I just reviewed my contract and there is nothing about timing or delivery. How long should I wait before contacting my photographer? She is an independent photographer and does all the editing herself. I saw on FB that before the holidays she completed the wedding 2 weeks before mine.

Thanks!
    Contact her today. It's not rude to ask when your photos will be done. Here, I will help you with wording: 

"Hi (name) - Could you please let me know when we can expect our wedding photos? We are just looking for a date that we can look forward to. We are very excited to see the photos. Thanks, cmcginni2"

That's it. Simple. If she says "I won't have them done for 3 months" then you have a problem. But very likely, she'll be reminded that you are anxious to see them and she'll get them to you as soon as possible.
    *********************************************************************************