Nevada-Las Vegas

Looking for Las Vegas Reception Venue for 30-60ppl - After Valley of Fire Ceremony

Hello Everyone :)

I am planning a 2017 Wedding in the Valley of Fire followed by a reception for about 30-60 guests total.
I am planning to piece it all together myself as virtually every "prepackaged" ceremony photo in the VOF scares me.

Regardless, I am looking for some help in finding a suitable reception venue.
I was okay with the idea of a casual reception but my fiance would like a formal sit down meal - so that is what we are hoping for.

First plan was to rent a private estate - this is still an option and I am open to suggestions but do have a short list of my own at this point.

I'm looking for something different - have an outdoor space is key as we will have smokers and I would like a location where we can remain late into the evening.
I've looked at suites but can't seem to find anything that will give us the space for a sit down meal which is why i am leaning towards the estate.

Any of your typical event spaces are out, no ball rooms, no restaurants ideally.

If anyone has an input we would really appreciate it - we are into quirky unconventional venues as well! 

Thanks in advance

Re: Looking for Las Vegas Reception Venue for 30-60ppl - After Valley of Fire Ceremony

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    VRBO might be a good choice to start looking in to. Or maybe one of the golf courses for a semi-traditional ceremony/reception idea?
  • You could look at Tropicana.  They have an outdoor reception area, and they can do a variety of dinner services.  I will say it's not much of a "quirky" venue, but it's outdoors, not too far from the pool area, with quite a bit of greenery around, and with plenty of space for a group that size.  We toured the area, and for sure got the impression that they are willing to consider many unusual options for dining/entertainment.  (They told us about a wedding with a mid-reception drag show!)
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    (They told us about a wedding with a mid-reception drag show!)
    Drag queens?!? Where do I RSVP!  :p
  • It sounded like an amazin party! It was a two groom wedding, and I guess one of the guys was in the fashion industry in LA.  The planner we met with said it was such a fun dance party, that she stayed until the very end! They had the entire top patio space for the reception, and as tables cleared, they kept adding dance floor and lighting and the party just kept going!
  • edited November 2016
    FINALLY, someone mentions the Tropicana. I'm getting married there this April but was starting to get nervous when I didn't see it come up on any forums lol 

• What month and time of day are we talking about?  Vegas weather could mean an outdoors event is 110 degrees or 30 degrees depending on those variables.

Married in Vegas - June 2011