Wedding Woes

Anyone here in this ghost town?

I'm working.  :(  Everyone else in my house is relaxing or sleeping.  

Thanksgiving went really well. Everyone seemed to have a great time and we had a TON of food. 

Prudie did give us a TG gift.  So I'll post those for Monday.  ;) 

Re: Anyone here in this ghost town?

• I'm here but not for long. I have a house to clean and lots of baking to do.
  • I'm here for prudie. Our thanksgiving was probably the best in years. I surprised my mom and she cried. Everyone was surprised. 
  • SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2016
    I'm here!  

I'm working, too.  Well, "working."  I can pretty much guarantee that we won't get any calls today since our clients almost certainly aren't working either.  But at lease I can catch up on some paperwork.  

My office is a ghost town.  Most people don't come in on Black Friday, but since it's not an actual holiday I would have to use a vacation day and I prefer to save those for actual vacation.  There are two other people here out of 10 total employees in my department, which is more than there were last year.  I actually worked Christmas Even and Black Friday all by myself last year.

It's so quiet I can actually hear the hum of the fridge at the end of the hall.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    Hope everyone had a good turkey day. I worked last night, which went well.   They also gave me 4-$25 GC to the local supermarket.   Which was a nice little bonus.  

I'm going to start decorating for christmas.   For some reason I thought DH was going into work earlier than he is.   You see, I don't decorate with him.  Nope, he goes off to work and comes home to a decorated house.  Well, except the balcony lights which he takes care of.    Now I have to rearrange my day a little since he isn't going in until late afternoon.     I do have a bottle of wine, baked brie and my christmas music all ready to go.

ETA - I got a little sad Mrs Brady (Florence Henderson) died.   It makes me feel old.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm here! Glad to be working and not it be retail ;) Canada has Black Friday too, but not as crazy.
  • H just left for hunting and I'm hanging out until a Gilmore Girls marathons with my sisters in law tonight. I'm exhausted, tons of family time, but amazing food! 
  • Just came online a bit ago to find out Florence Henderson passed away - she actually made a name for herself in the hypnosis industry not just her acting work.  Sad!