Chit Chat

The Final Four Words. GG SPOILERS.

2»

Re: The Final Four Words. GG SPOILERS.

• scribe95 said:
    I just thought of something. We are all assuming the baby is Logan's. What about Wookie?
    I think the timing isn't right. The Wookiee was in Spring, and she drinks throughout summer and fall. And wouldn't she be showing?

What about the theory that she's a surrogate?
  • If she's a surrogate then it's just a dumb gimmick. 
  • If she's a surrogate then it's just a dumb gimmick. 
    I feel that way about the surrogate and the wookiee ideas, really. I mean the whole time it's clear she's spending a lot of time in Logan's bed, yes it's the obvious choice, but given how often they're together, it would be far-fetched to assume it would be anyone else's. 
  • I know I'm a few days late to this party, but I just finished it. I was really looking forward to it and was kind of disappointed.

I thought the wedding stuff was weird. Not the wedding itself, but the PPD, the making a guest list 3 days before the wedding, not having the vast majority of important family there.

Rory was disappointing and cringey immature.

I do love me some Emily Gilmore though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh, you know what else? The whole time I was wondering how the hell Rory gallivanted to London all the time and had an apartment in Brooklyn on a freelance journalist salary. No new/blogs/reviewed I read addressed it. 

Just caught a Season 1 episode on UP Network the other day, the one where Trix was going to allow Rory to have her trust fund early. Light bulb moment. Even though it wasn't mentioned, I'm guessing when Trix died later, Rory's trust was intact. Thus she had "a quarter million dollars" at her disposal in her later 20's.  

• Oh, you know what else? The whole time I was wondering how the hell Rory gallivanted to London all the time and had an apartment in Brooklyn on a freelance journalist salary. No new/blogs/reviewed I read addressed it. 

Just caught a Season 1 episode on UP Network the other day, the one where Trix was going to allow Rory to have her trust fund early. Light bulb moment. Even though it wasn't mentioned, I'm guessing when Trix died later, Rory's trust was intact. Thus she had "a quarter million dollars" at her disposal in her later 20's.  
    Not only the Trix money, but what about something from Richard?  That story line didn't make sense to me.  Richard is giving Luke money, but not Rory and Lorelei?    They never went down that path and it was a little odd to me.   Also, did Trix not give any money to Lorelei?     

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • With Richard dying only 4 months before Winter, I'd assume Rory had previously been using only Trix's money. But you're right- what kind of inheritance did he, or did he not, provide? Clearly Lorelei didn't get enough to finance an expansion of her inn. 
    Maybe his money primarily went to Emily (she never worked for pay outside the home, after all), and when she dies, Lorelai and Rory would come into their wealth. 

• With Richard dying only 4 months before Winter, I'd assume Rory had previously been using only Trix's money. But you're right- what kind of inheritance did he, or did he not, provide? Clearly Lorelei didn't get enough to finance an expansion of her inn. 
    Maybe his money primarily went to Emily (she never worked for pay outside the home, after all), and when she dies, Lorelai and Rory would come into their wealth. 
    That's what I assumed. Also, the Trix money. I doubt Rory is hurting for cash, TBH. Plus, I would bet Logan was paying for some of those trips. 
    That's what I assumed. Also, the Trix money. I doubt Rory is hurting for cash, TBH. Plus, I would bet Logan was paying for some of those trips. 
    That's actually what I assumed
  • ok, refresh my memory.  Who's Trix?

• ok, refresh my memory.  Who's Trix?
    Richard's mom.  Also names Lorelei.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • scribe95 said:
    The money thing was another example of how badly it was written in my opinion. Rory obviously has access to money in trust funds. Half the show she is gallivanting overseas left and right with no mention of money and with no job. 

And the second half she is acting destitute and sleeping in her old room (say instead of staying with her actual boyfriend). And there's a whole scene where she is complaining about being broke and not even having a car when literally the scene before she is driving her car!
    Apparently you can blow through a quarter million dollars pretty quickly, LOL.