Wedding Woes

Thursday!

It's my Friday, and hopefully yours too.  New Year's plans?

DH and Wooz really wanted to go hiking tomorrow.  It's been nice here, but now a cold front is moving through (we had thunderstorms overnight, and the Midwesterner in me still can't get used to Christmastime thunderstorms) and it's supposed to be 40-some tomorrow.  It's almost as if it's winter or something. ;)  So I think we'll have to table that until it warms up a bit, and look for something indoors.

I have to get my new passport photo done.  I'm going to Costco at lunch, so I could do at it the FedEx/Kinkos across their parking lot, but I might blow it off.   

My first Stitch Fix arrives today and there is a pretty green blouse in there that I can't wait to try. 
Ttd3158yrvc9mp59ksgd

Follow up mammogram was all clear!  Turns out I have very dense bewbs and they were the issue.  Radiologist recommended getting the 3D hereafter.  Between those and my beautiful cervix, I have learned a lot about my body this year. :)

Re: Thursday!

• Heffalump said:
    It's my Friday, and hopefully yours too.  New Year's plans?

DH and Wooz really wanted to go hiking tomorrow.  It's been nice here, but now a cold front is moving through (we had thunderstorms overnight, and the Midwesterner in me still can't get used to Christmastime thunderstorms) and it's supposed to be 40-some tomorrow.  It's almost as if it's winter or something. ;)  So I think we'll have to table that until it warms up a bit, and look for something indoors.

I have to get my new passport photo done.  I'm going to Costco at lunch, so I could do at it the FedEx/Kinkos across their parking lot, but I might blow it off.   

My first Stitch Fix arrives today and there is a pretty green blouse in there that I can't wait to try. 
    Ttd3158yrvc9mp59ksgd

Follow up mammogram was all clear!  Turns out I have very dense bewbs and they were the issue.  Radiologist recommended getting the 3D hereafter.  Between those and my beautiful cervix, I have learned a lot about my body this year. :)
    Yay for clear bewbs and a beautiful cervix!

This is not my Friday, but I do have a half day tomorrow that I forgot about until just now (and it's the 2nd half, which is so much better).

I need a new passport now that I have a new name, but that's pretty far down on the to-do list.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah for clear bewbs and your beautiful cervix @Heffalump! I had to have a second mammogram last year and the uncertainty is no fun. 

I got a new car this week. We are taking it in today to get a clear coat put on. H has been home all week so my normal schedule has been totally messed up. Hopefully we will get some clearing out of the basement done today!

I also got a FitBit for Christmas. To say I'm a little obsessed with it is an understatement!
  • @Heffalump, yay clear mammogram!  That blouse is super cute!  I love that color of green.

It's my Friday also.  Yay 4-day weekend!  The weather is supposed to be a lot of rain and thunderstorms, so I'll be spending a lot of time indoors.  Not complaining about that!

Tomorrow, my H and I are going to fight the cable company.  My one-year "special" expired earlier in the month and my bill went from $127/month to $188/month.  $60 of that is the internet.  Y'all...for the first time ever...I might totally cut the cord on the cable tv/DVR part.  It will be more inconvenient for me to go that route, but it will bring me great joy to cancel a service with a company I absolutely despise.  Yet, am forced to deal with because of government condoned monopolies.  I've recently discovered that all my court tv shows, ie Judge Judy/People's Court, are on You Tube.  That was my problem in the past.  They aren't on alternatives, like Hulu.

I've turned into a real Debbie Downer when it comes to NYE.  Unless I'm going somewhere, like to a party, and can spend the whole night or stay at a hotel within walking distance, my H and I just stay home.  There are more drunk drivers on NYE than any other night of the year.  And there is no way I'm going to be on the roads with them.  It's way too dangerous.

I have a lot of work to do today at work.  Hopefully it will go by fast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had planned to rake the final batch of leaves today, but it snowed overnight. I'm heading to the office for a few hours. 

Tomorrow were heading to the in laws for Christmas with them. There was a huge fight between FIL and BIL so in laws refused to go to Christmas last week with everyone (they always go to Buffalo, too but would not) so now we're going out to have dinner with them (they're in Michigan). Last week it sounded like a great plan now I have no desire to get back into the car for a few hours. 

Low key NYE plans this year. H is an introvert and every year I convince him to go to some dinner or party so this year when I came up with plans I told him I figured out what we were doing and where we were going. He looked skeptical until I said, "To the butcher to get filets and lobster and streaming the original Star Wars movies". First time he's ever looked happy about NYE. 
  • Half day tomorrow.  I have Monday off.  I'm going to get a jump on my spring gardening this weekend, if the weather at least stays clear.  I drove through what felt like 50 miles of lake on my way into work this morning, the rain was so heavy and the roads were covered in standing water, and my nerves are shot.  I could use a shot.  Or several.

I'm writing off 2016.  I feel like the stress and low points have overshadowed the good (Got married! Dream job!), and I'm ready to jump into 2017 with a fresh start and a much healthier outlook than I currently have.

We have no plans for NYE.  Well, actually, my goal is to make it past 9:15 this year.  Last year, I conked out in an armchair with a book in my lap.  DH woke me to get his kiss, and I promptly went to bed.  No regrets.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• DH has to work tomorrow so it's just another day. 

6let has baseball camp again today.  I cleared out 3 bags of my clothes and made the kids go through their stuff.  They got rid of an entire toy box, a bag of trash, and a bag of clothes. I don't buy stuff so I don't understand where it all comes from!

Our only weekend plans are a hockey game. 
  • @Heffalump I have that shirt in black from when I used to get my monthly fix. I like the service but sometimes it's hit or miss. 

I started a baby blanket yesterday with a pattern I've never tried before. I really like it. Not much going on at work today so I'll probably crochet quite a bit. Friday is year end so I'll have a few write offs to do as well as normal month end stuff. 

Getting the carpet in the babies rooms cleaned today. Norah's room is where my cat peed in the corner for months and last week I ran home to pee while I was out running errands for work and the damn dog had gotten into the stocking stuffers. He ate an entire bag of trail mix and ripped open a box of nerds which he then drooled all over. I can't get the crunchiness out of the carpet so I get to pay to clean it. Damn dog. I really can't stand him most of the time.
  • Heffa - Yay for good results!

I passed my glucose test!  But apparently it's looking like I'm anemic.  So it was back to the lab this morning for a full work up.  And it was packed!  I went in early thinking I could get in and out before work.  That was a big no.  When I was there on Tuesday there was only a handful of people, today - there was only a handful of empty chairs!  Some people were even standing.  But once I get the results, I will be put on some type of supplement.  I'm just sorta confused about this though because I have been eating so much beef lately!  I've even had more fish than typical and I always have at least 1 glass of milk per day.  The only thing I don't do well is the leafy greens, since I'm not a fan.  We did see the midwife last night and I made those points to her, she said sometimes its just pregnancy and its not letting my body absorb everything right for whatever reason.

But since we did go to the midwife last night, I got to hear baby's heartbeat and it was in the perfect range!  So far, it seems like this pregnancy is flying by.  I'm sure once I get her room set up (if we ever start it!), time will come to a stop and slow down.

We did go to Target last night after the midwife.  We got some really good specials!  Some discounted Christmas chocolates for H and lots of discounted meats!  We got some chicken for Betsey (she hasn't been eating I think because the antibiotic for the lyme's is messing with her belly - so we have started mixing in some chicken & rice with her regular crumbles) that was $10 with a $4 off coupon.  They also had beef teriyaki strips for $10 with a $5 off coupon.  But my big steal was 90% ground beef.  First it was BOGO 50%, but all of the packets had $4 off coupons!  Each pound was 5.79, so after all was said and done, I got 2 pounds of lean ground beef for 1.79!  With all that we bought, our total was $33 after using my Cartwheel and Red Card.  Neither one of us could believe it!  When we got home, we vacuum sealed everything and put it in the freezer.

Tonight it is Christmas dinner with my friends.  We are heading into Philly.  Today is my Friday as well, so I'm off tomorrow.  I just want to lounge in bed with H for a good portion of the morning.  I hate having to get up and go to work when he gets to stay in bed.  I just want to stick around and cuddle with him!  Tomorrow we are going out for H & I's Christmas dinner.  We give ourselves a low limit for actual gifts and then do a nicer dinner we typically go without.  We are going to Rodizio grill, its one of those Brazilian steakhouses where its all you can eat meat.  For NYE we will go out to our friends' houses.  We will start at my friends at 7, then head over to his friends around 10 where we will start till NYs.  Hopefully I can stay awake!  We will see!  NYD is spent watching the Mummers on TV, since I'm too old to go over and watch them live anymore!

I hope WW has a Happy New Year!  It's got to be better than 2016, right?

• @OliveOilsMom they'll probably just have you take iron and vitamin c which apparently helps absorb the iron. I usually get anemic during pregnancy too, but the doctor has never made a big deal out of it. WTG on the great deals, too!
  • Today is my Friday too. I hope I get out early so I can have a head start on the roads to see my 2 week old nephew! (5 hours away).  I am also super excited because I had a Williams Sonoma gift card and wanted to buy a coffee maker last night with it.  I was to lazy to do it on my phone and said I'd buy it at work today while I had nothing else to do.  When I hopped online today I found out they had a 20% off and free shipping promo code!  The money I saved bought me a spice rack too.  

Also, don't tell my mom I bought a coffee machine, she's been wanting to get me a kureg for years but I told her I'd never use it.  But recently I've been on an Irish coffee kick and I think I'd use one now....

New Years Eve was always my favorite time of the year.  But my usual NYE crew can't make it out this year (She's pregnant and due tomorrow lol). If DH is home from work, then I'm thinking of a comedy club and a nice dinner out... I need to find a nice place that doesn't do prix fixe that night but I DO want to go out and do something.

• Morning WW! I'm jealous of all of you who have tomorrow off. I'm hoping my boss will let us go early.

DH's cousin's wife randomly called me on Monday and said she and her H want to come down Saturday to see DH's dad. These people live only an hour and a half away and I have only met them one time in the 4 years DH and I have been together, and that was nearly 4 years ago. Actually, I've never even met the wife. DH might not even be here. So that means I'm going to have the pleasure of entertaining these adults I barely know as well as their 2 children all day long on NYE. I'm not even 100% sure that DH's dad should have that many visitors at once after the shape we saw him in last weekend. This woman is a nurse and she has no problem making sure everyone knows that. She's already told me that she wants to see FIL's medication list (which won't be happening) because she wants to go in and evaluate his treatment plan to see if he seems overmedicated. Ummmmm no. Also, isn't it a little odd that these people haven't seen FIL in over 4 years and they suddenly want to come down and "evaluate his treatment"? DH's family is so unusual to me.

I'm getting a massage on Monday, thanks to DH's wonderful thoughtful Christmas gift to me. The gift card also came with a $10 credit towards another massage, so that will be happening in the near future as well.

• @thefanciestbeckler I tend to be skeptical of people's motives so I'm seeing some red flags there. 
  • That's pretty odd @thefanciestbeckler. What did your H say? I'd be inclined to tell them that NYE isn't a good time and they should plan something with more notice. 
  • @thefanciestbeckler, was it not possible to nicely issue a "warning" of, "Oh!  I'm going to be really busy that day.  But would love to catch up with you all at the hospital at X time (or would love to get together with you all for lunch at Y time)." ?

At least that would be me.  My time off is sacred and, while I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little of it for family peace, no way are people I barely know going to hijack my whole day.  I also find it weird they are imposing themselves on you.  I'm assuming the wife knows she has never met you, lol.  That's typically how that works.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2016
    I'm still so confused as to how I can be logged in when i start reading a thread and by the time I get to the bottom, I've been logged out and can't reply.

For NYE: K and I have a friend that is taking us to one of those Brazilian steakhouses for dinner.  He was supposed to give us some of his homemade tamales, but he ate them all.  Now he feels guilty.  Plus he's lonely because of some crap he went through this past year and so we all go out all the time.  The Brazilian steakhouse is a somewhat acceptable substitute for the loss of homemade tamales.

[Segue to an fun story:  So, when ex-DH and I split, it had been at least 3 years since we'd slept together.  I say at least 3 years because that just marks when I started counting.  So, when we separated, I had a lot of sex with a lot of different people (K was an unexpected ending).  A friend called it my vag-about.  We are pushing to get this term into usage.  :smile:  Friend we're going to dinner with was first stop.  K knows and got over it b/c said friend is an awesome person]

Then on to the drag show/dancing at the bar that is a block from my apartment.  K isn't performing, thank goodness.  I've rented a fun dress that I've had my eye on at Rent the Runway for awhile.

It was $50 and I've been feeling pretty down this past month, so it'll be a fun pick me up.  I'm painting my nails today or tomorrow to match.

So it'll be a fun NYE, but fairly relaxed.  Other than that, I have absolutely no plans.  I am trying hard to beat this cold.  I feel better and then I push myself too hard and start to feel worse again.  I want to beat it once and for all this weekend.  
  • @VarunaTT our stories are so similar. I had a vag-out after I left my exH too and I left him for similar reasons you left yours.
  • @DrillSergeantCat I feel the same way. DH is 100% trusting of these people though, so there doesn't seem to be much I can do.

@charlotte989875 he's totally fine with it. He said "it will be a good chance for you to get to know them". I'm like, dude. We've been together 4 years. The "getting to know you" phase should have ended 3 years ago. They've had plenty of chances to get to know me and chosen not to. Why now?

@short+sassy I'm the same way. I really value my time off and I like to spend it doing things I actually want to do with people I actually want to be with. DH sees it more like "these people are family, and we have no plans, so we have to accommodate them". I disagree. The wife doesn't seem to realize that she's never met me lol. She told me last time she called that she loves me and I wanted to say "HOW????? you don't know me!!! What do I do for a living? What are my hobbies? What's my mom's name? You don't know? That's because you don't know me and therefore can't love me". I'm not going to let them hijack the whole day off. They'll get about half the day before I draw the line. I'm willing to give a little for family peace but that's about it.

• Also, like why NYE not like people typically have plans that day/night @thefanciestbeckler. Hopefully your H will be in town and you can easily call it half a day and be done. 
  • Also, like why NYE not like people typically have plans that day/night @thefanciestbeckler. Hopefully your H will be in town and you can easily call it half a day and be done. 

She did text me later and tell me she'd totally forgotten it was NYE. As of right now Saturday is looking cloudy, so I'm betting DH won't fly and will be here. Fingers crossed!

• TFB - She sounds a little unhinged.  She wants to see his medical treatments?  Uh, no.  That's not how it works.  My mom is a nurse and she would get calls or questions all the time about a relative's something or other.  She would always be like, call you doctor, not me!  Don't be afraid to kick them out when you've had enough!
  • @OliveOilsMom she's definitely a little out there for my taste. It also struck me as really odd that she wants to see his medications. As a nurse, she should know that nobody is going to let her walk into his nursing home and see that kind of information unless she's on his HIPAA forms. Your mom fielded those kinds of questions the right way!

@ShesSoCold glad to see you! I was just wondering earlier if your new job had started yet. Sorry to hear you had such a rough time with your MIL.

• @VarunaTT, I love the term vag-about.  You have a convert and I will join your fight to add it to the slang lexicon.  I LOVE that dress!  Those wide sleeves as long as the hem are awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The cape dress is amazing.  want.

I'm on day 3 of a migraine that I CANNOT shake.
    Unfortunately, the kiddo had OT yesterday, so I had to drive, so I couldn't medicate until it had escalated from 'ugh' to "whimper/sob"
    I'm on my 4th dose of midrin--which is something I only take when it's supremely bad.  I am definately not fit company.

The kiddo is spending NYE w/ her grandparents, so the Mr. and I are going out for dinner and staying in and watching movies.  Old people NYE.  again.  we're OK w/ this.

My mom is NOT coming home before NYE--it was discussed as a possibility, but they want to change one more med, and given how she reacts to med changes, we kinda insisted that she do that while in hospital--but probably by middle of next week.  I"m going up to visit tomorrow (can't do it mon/wed, kiddos' OT during vis. hours.  Can't do it Tues/thurs, childcare issues durinv vis. hours--my ILs are helping w/ a newborn and...uh...my parents are my backup childcare), so, Fridays it is.

And my baby ister is PG again *woot*  (shhh, it's a secret)
  • @VarunaTT, an attached cape is even better!  More arm freedom without big sleeves potentially being in the way.  Love the unique style.

After a few flutes of champagne, I can just picture myself grabbing the ends and going all super hero.  Leave it to me to ruin the elegance of a pretty dress, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2016
    @short+sassy That is exactly my plan.  This past month [ETA: entire year] was hard and I thought, "Let's go into the  new year as a hot goddamn superheroine!"
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy That is exactly my plan.  This past month [ETA: entire year] was hard and I thought, "Let's go into the  new year as a hot goddamn superheroine!"
    Hell yes!  That dress is amazing!