Attire & Accessories Forum

Flower girls dresses

I have found the PERFECT flower girls dress online. The problem - I think it is from one of those websites that copies other designers for cheap. You never really know what you are getting and customer service is fairly non-existant from what I have read. It seems very hit or miss with online reviews. Also, every single item on this website has 5/5 stars, which raises a huge red flag.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/princess-knee-length-flower-girl-dress-lace-tulle-sleeveless_p4169122.html

This is the site, does anyone know how to find this dress from the original site or a valid distributor? 

Re: Flower girls dresses

• ahyatt87ahyatt87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    I also get the sense that this is probably a copy. Several other overseas websites that are known for copying dresses also have the exact same photos on their websites.

I found this dress at Target that looks very similar
    ETA the link wasn't loading properly for some reason so I added the photo.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Light in the Box is a notorious website.  Yes, they are legitimate, but you will not get the dress in the pretty picture, but a cheap copy.  Legitimate = they do exist and will send merchandise.  Notorious = their merchandise is not as advertised, and getting a refund is extremely difficult.
    Try David's Bridal for reasonably priced flower girl dresses.  Easter time is also prime shopping season in retail stores for little girl dressy dresses, as well as ring bearer suits.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    I've ordered from LITB on several occasions so not going to bash as what I expected and what I got were in line with each other.  The formal gown I used for my pro photos came from there, I love the dress, and I could not find a dress of similar style anywhere nor would I have been able to try it on ahead of time so was fully aware of the risk.  The first thing is - plan that there is no return policy, are you comfortable with the risk?  For $50 in a few months you can go to Sears or JC Penny and purchase First Communion dresses for about the same price and have cute dresses for the same price point and an amazing return policy if the dress doesn't fit.  Next, if anything needs alterations, you'll need a seamstress as most bridal salons won't allow you to bring in a dress that wasn't purchased there.

The dress is not going to be on "level" with what you'd get at say David's or other bridal store, it will however get the job done.  Be aware you'll need to pay to have it steamed at a dry cleaner or do that yourself because it is coming off a slow boat from China - literally.  The dress is a $50 dress, not the "feels like" price.  Keep it real.  As long as you know what you're getting into and are comfortable with the risk level, you need to decide what you want to do.