Wedding Woes

It's so Monday

The kiddo has a stomach bug and was up at 3am chucking. He's been sleeping since, so hopefully it's a one and done thing. 

DefConn slept like garbage last night and kept waking me up.  I'm hopeful the bug doesn't get to him.  I did tell him that if he gets 'rumbly tummy' to run, not walk, to the toilet.  He seems fine, so fingers and toes are crossed. 

The weekend turned out OK.  DH and I did our massages and lunch on Friday.  Then we went by FIL's because FIL has horrible teeth (mostly due to genetics and bad army dentistry) and is having his teeth pulled for dentures.  He had his bottom teeth done Friday and was hurting.  We brought him frostys.  He had chipmunk face under his beard.  Poor guy. 

Saturday, we went to my parents for dinner.  I tried to tell my sisters about my project with my friend and they were kind of jerks about it and I got really emotional when I got home.  DH is super supportive and was more pissed than me about them being jackwagons. 

Yesterday, we just hung out and went to the store. DefConn finally got to play outside since it snowed and wasn't a soggy-ass mess.  

Oh and DH's Sr. VP was let go on Friday.  It's a good thing for him in the short-term, since he was a total asshole, but I'm wondering about his company's long-term viability.   He does work in the newest distribution center, so they'd close down an older one first. 

Whew.  How was your weekend? 

Re: It's so Monday

• Boo.  Being left on the hook sucks.   I know how that goes. 

Good luck to you.  :D  That's exciting.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Boo.  Being left on the hook sucks.   I know how that goes. 

Good luck to you.  :D  That's exciting.  
    Thanks! It's really exciting.

Good luck to you and your project. Ignore your sisters. Sometimes sisters are jerks. 
  • Weekend was pretty good.  Friday was low key at home.  

Saturday, DH went out early and go a hair cut.  Then we had our tax appointment (refund from Fed and owe to State), got a screen protector for my phone and met DH's family for a late lunch.  

Yesterday we stayed home and tag-teamed the laundry.  We also watched "Sully", which we enjoyed.  

Back at it today.  I need more coffee before I'm fully engaged at work.
  • Saturday as awesome.  We went to the planetarium, had donuts, M2 went to Disney on Ice with my mom while the boys and I went to a D3 college basketball game (the gym was smaller than the hs auxillary gym).

Sunday the ILs came over.  MIL made a comment about a girl who "used to be about the same age as Brian."  I commented that they were probably still about the same age.  I don't think she's figured it out yet.

Last night 6let started complaining of ear pain and was up all night.  I have a 9:30 appointment for MY annual physical.  I was scrambling this morning to see if someone would put M2 on the bus if we got an early appointment.  I was happy had at least 4 people offer, but the times were either 10 or noon.  He's going in at noon and will just miss school today.

• Poor 6let, @6fsn.  YAY for good neighbors though.  ;) 
  • We got the dog door Saturday and spent the rest of the afternoon/most of the evening putting it in.  DH wanted to try to use the existing door frame, which he was successful at doing, so a lot of that time was measuring twice drilling pilot holes once kind of deal.  He did an awesome job getting it in.  Unsurprisingly, Twiggy is terrified of the door.  He's making progress because Hiccup is a pro at using it and he has FOMO, but he bats at the flap like it's the spawn of Satan.  We're not making it available to the dogs yet while we're at work (despite that being the primary reason for purchasing it) because I have this borderline irrational fear that Twiggy will be a flight risk and will try to jump the fence due to his obvious anxiety about abandonment.

Sunday was quiet.  I really feel like the weekends need to be about 24 hours longer.

Boo, @charlotte989875.  Sucks to be left in the dark like that.  Good luck to you, though!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Speaking of schools.  We got the proposals for redistricting Sunday.  There is no plan that keeps them in the same elementary school they're in now.  It makes me sad 6let will move as a 5th grader and Max won't have the same kindergarten teacher that I adore.

One plan sends them to my third choice high school.  One plan sends them to my first place hs, but it does bad things in middle school- the middle school gets split to go to 3 of the high schools.  I don't see that one happening at all. I'm just going with the good news- we won't go to my last choice high school and we have a strong neighborhood of kids that will be moving together.  
  • @mrs.conn23- Sometimes my siblings hurt me more than anyone else and they don't even realize it.  I'm sorry.  FYI- I'm excited to find out your project.
  • 6fsn said:
    @mrs.conn23- Sometimes my siblings hurt me more than anyone else and they don't even realize it.  I'm sorry.  FYI- I'm excited to find out your project.
    Yep, totally.  I've mostly shaken it off, but the blow to my confidence sucks.  It's hard to get past it completely. 
  • This weekend was FIL's birthday, so we drove down to celebrate (none of H's siblings did, so I am super glad we went). 

Finally started tackling my To-Do list around the house. I am still beyond exhausted, so I took lots of little naps, but I am proud of myself for getting the ball rolling. 

Picked up Jodi Picoult's new book and I am HOOKED. I can't wait to book it home from work tonight so I can keep reading. 

@charlotte989875 - good luck to you on the job in Buffalo! It sounds exciting! And bummer about your H not hearing back yet. Don't give up hope; some companies Recruiting departments (mine included) are very sloooooooooooow to respond. Keeping my fingers crossed for both you guys!!

And @Heffalump I am with you. I am So. Fucking. Done. I have so many angry words for Trump, his administration, and his fucking supporters. The people who voted for him knew what they voted for. And their vote, IMO, was a direct vote of support for his racist, misogynist, xenophobic bullshit. They voted for this to happen. And anyone who says they didn't see this coming, with all of the hate-filled rants he spewed during his campaign, is either lying or really fucking stupid. I just can't anymore. Something has to happen. He needs to be impeached. 

//end rant. maybe. for now. 
  • @mrsconn23  could the jerky-ness be out of jealous that the project will be so awesome?

After the weekend of hearing about the flight ban for Muslims, I woke up to hear a Mosque had been attacked in Quebec :( What do people think it's okay to do these things?

Pretty low-key weekend. Since we don't have The CW, I found out I was able to watch "Riverdale" on Netflix. I watching it twice so M could see it. He's not into it, so I'll be watching it alone. Pretty good. Teen drama but there's mystery involved {ie; murder and secrets} Characters based on Archie series but not quite the same. Definitely a darker version.

Saturday M went to the range and I stayed home. I've had a sinus headache all weekend, so I rested. Afterwards we went to my mum's place. Original plan was to stay for a bit, ended up ordering pizza and stayed for a couple hrs.

Sunday was lazy but I walked up to the dollarama. I needed a lightbulb and spent $23 .... every time!
    I think walking is just too much lately. I got home and was really sore, so I lay down for a bit {which seems to be the easiest way to stop the aching in my side}

Tonight isn't much. I'm bringing more boxes downstairs and I think M and I are bringing the trunk upstairs to the closet.
    I have clothes to pick up and figure out where to put.
  • Week one of Trumpland has been so demoralizing. And can we talk about Steve Bannon replacing the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the National Security Council? I don't know how much more wtf is left in me, which is exactly what this administration wants. 

This weekend was okay. My parents came over for dinner on Friday night and I got into it a little bit with my dad over politics. I think he voted for trump and it makes me sick. He said something about "if we would just get all of those lifers off of welfare..." and some more shit on the same vein, and I lost it. 

Saturday SO went to see his parents in the mountains, so I had the place to myself. I cleaned the fridge, which I'm embarrassed to say made it through the holidays without a proper cleaning. Yesterday we had SO's mom's birthday lunch, and then I went out to dinner with one of his sisters. Today I have a paper to write. This year is already flying by. 

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2017

And @Heffalump I am with you. I am So. Fucking. Done. I have so many angry words for Trump, his administration, and his fucking supporters. The people who voted for him knew what they voted for. And their vote, IMO, was a direct vote of support for his racist, misogynist, xenophobic bullshit. They voted for this to happen. And anyone who says they didn't see this coming, with all of the hate-filled rants he spewed during his campaign, is either lying or really fucking stupid. I just can't anymore. Something has to happen. He needs to be impeached. 

//end rant. maybe. for now. 
    This is the way I feel about so many of these lawmakers who spoke out against Trump over the weekend but supported him back in the general election.  On the one hand, better late then never, I guess.  But OTOH, you're right, the guy has never exactly been subtle.  You knew what you were getting--or certainly should have--so don't go crying now just because you looked around and realized that a) his policies are just as bad as he promised they'd be, and b) your constituents aren't quite so enthusiastic now that they're starting to appreciate some of the ramifications of his election.

I mean, you're free to change your mind, of course.  But this doesn't feel like an issue that requires deep soul searching, or can be a surprise to anyone at this point. 

This was pre-election, but barely, and is proving very useful these days:

Which Republicans Oppose Donald Trump? A Cheat Sheet 

Bonus round: see how many current cabinet nominees you can find on the yea list! [gagging noises]
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Saturday I went out with a bunch of friends from law school so we could talk about "the resistance" (my term for doing something about this whole situation) and to drink away the anger.  Consequently, Sunday wasn't a good day for me.  

My sister called and said her friend got a wedding invite with the following timeline: 1:00pm Wedding; 6:00pm dinner; 9:00pm reception.  They wanted to know if this was normal or what she should do.  I told her to RSVP "no", to side-eye the hell out of those people, and to not be friends with them anymore.  They cracked up.  

Edit:  I know it's not really "my term" but we don't really have a name for the movement yet.  

• levioosa said:
    Week one of Trumpland has been so demoralizing. And can we talk about Steve Bannon replacing the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the National Security Council? I don't know how much more wtf is left in me, which is exactly what this administration wants. 
    YES.  If the visa/immigration EO hadn't already pushed me over the edge, that would have done the trick.  WTF?  So the DNI and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs will only be involved if Trump thinks they need to be, but Bannon has a seat at the table?  Oh-kay.  Good luck with that. 
  • The ACLU Got $24 Million in Donations Just This Weekend

"The organization had already seen an uptick in donations since the election, but a final number crunch revealed that the ACLU received $24,164,691 in a single weekend — that’s six times its average annual online donations." [bolding is mine]
  • Ro041 said:
    Saturday I went out with a bunch of friends from law school so we could talk about "the resistance" (my term for doing something about this whole situation) and to drink away the anger.  Consequently, Sunday wasn't a good day for me.  

My sister called and said her friend got a wedding invite with the following timeline: 1:00pm Wedding; 6:00pm dinner; 9:00pm reception.  They wanted to know if this was normal or what she should do.  I told her to RSVP "no", to side-eye the hell out of those people, and to not be friends with them anymore.  They cracked up.  
    The Sierra Club and a few other organizations have been using #Resistance on Twitter. And after Trump gagged the EPA & National Park Service on social media, a number of "unofficial" Twitter accounts have sprung up in honor of The Resistance as well (most of them are completely not affiliated at all, but a lot of them are run by scientists who are concerned about the misinformation/propaganda being spewed by this administration). 

It's nice to have a sense of solidarity in this insanely dark and scary time. And it also makes me think we have a real-life version of Dumbledore's Army. Which is both upsetting (in the sense that we shouldn't have to need one) and heartwarming (we're not alone).
  • Morning, all.

I'm definitely feeling all the same feelings about Trump. And my Facebook feed isn't making it any better.

The weekend was good. Friday night was a chill night. I exercised and made dinner and watched TV until 1 am.

Saturday morning I went to a LulaRoe party and spent entirely too much money. But I couldn't help myself :) I got a Carly, a Perfect T, and 2 pairs of leggings. After that I went to lunch with 2 of my best friends. We sat there for 3 hours and talked and laughed and cried. It was the best.

Saturday night I went to dinner with mom, my brother, my brother's GF, and DH for mom's birthday. It was a blast. We had awesome food and awesome drinks. DH drove back to Atlanta after dinner.

Yesterday I did nothing all day and it was glorious.

DH and mom are both sick now. Both with the same cold-like symptoms. I'm just hoping and praying that I don't catch it since I've been around both of them.

• I'm feeling much better today and I'm able to start eating a bit more after my bout of stomach flu on Friday.  It was tough because H was in AC for a convention and I just wanted him home.  It was probably for the best he wasn't here because he seems to have escaped the germs from me or where ever I got them from.  It was great when he finally got home even though I couldn't kiss or cuddle with him.  He took extra good care of me and baby!

Betsey is not well.  H called the vet this morning because I just couldn't.  The vet is going to call him back.  But I think today is our last day with Betsey.  I'm WFH mostly so I can keep an eye on her and give her lots of pets and love.  We've let her stay outside for a small stretches of time because that's all she seems to want to do, when she isn't sleeping.  I'm just glad that we were able to give her a stable and loving last year+ of life with us. 

This weekend was mostly taking it easy for me.  H got to cut more tiles for the bathroom, but not as many as he wanted to do.  He is really doing a great job, considering he has never tiled before!  Sunday H went to church and then came home to work on his car.  We are going to be turning it in soon, so he has been doing small cosmetic work himself to help with the value.  He purchased a new side mirror and paint.  He unwraps the side mirror and its cracked.  It was used and supposedly scratched, but it had a crack in it.  AND the paint he bought was the wrong shade!  So he's done, we will just turn it in, as is and hope for the best!

I am just so mad about all of these EOs that have been issued. They go against everything in the Constitution and what this country was founded on.  And then for people to be like, oh but Obama started this.  Uh, no he never banned people from entering our country.  Trump has done that.  Obama made immigration more strict for certain countries and the people who have worked so hard to prove they are good people and want this second chance will now be turned away because of Trump.  I was so happy to see the ACLU win an emergency stay.  Then to put that racist POS on the National Security Council and remove some very senior and knowledgeable people instead?  WTF is wrong with you.  You are draining the wrong swamp!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    The Sierra Club and a few other organizations have been using #Resistance on Twitter. And after Trump gagged the EPA & National Park Service on social media, a number of "unofficial" Twitter accounts have sprung up in honor of The Resistance as well (most of them are completely not affiliated at all, but a lot of them are run by scientists who are concerned about the misinformation/propaganda being spewed by this administration). 

It's nice to have a sense of solidarity in this insanely dark and scary time. And it also makes me think we have a real-life version of Dumbledore's Army. Which is both upsetting (in the sense that we shouldn't have to need one) and heartwarming (we're not alone).
    I edited my comment to acknowledge that it is not "my term."  I have seen it used sporadically and with more frequency (and it has been used in many revolutions in the past).  I was not trying to take credit for its use, by any means.

Edit: I agree about Dumbledore's Army.  Dark times are ahead.

• Ro041 said:

I edited my comment to acknowledge that it is not "my term."  I have seen it used sporadically and with more frequency (and it has been used in many revolutions in the past).  I was not trying to take credit for its use, by any means.

Edit: I agree about Dumbledore's Army.  Dark times are ahead.
    Oh gosh! I didn't mean to imply you were taking credit. TBH it's the best word to sum up what we are doing about how we feel. I'm happy there are many of us in the resistance :-)
  • Ugh, I can't with this guy.  H and I went to a protest in Dearborn on Sunday.  For those of you who aren't familiar, Dearborn is a suburb of Detroit that houses the largest Muslim population outside of the middle east.  It was beautiful.  Three different Islamic clerics spoke, as well as the director of a local immigration group and then a man whose grandfather was accepted into the United States on refugee status in 1939 spoke as well.  Most of the group went on to the airport, but we went home.  I have a doctor appointment at 3:30 (the third) for this bronchitis so we didn't think standing outside for 3 more hours was in my best interest.

We had dinner with MIL's family for her birthday Saturday night and that was really nice.  Oh yeah, Friday, we went out for Happy Hour!  That was fun!

A soccer coach at my Alma Mater's father - who is a legal resident, owns a home, attended college etc here found out his Visa was cancelled and can't return to the states.  I'm calling my State Rep today and asking him to intercede.
  • I just can't with the EO's. My class this morning was entirely students asking about how they're legal, what is the effect. One student just said, "this really makes us look like assholes". Yes, yes it does. 
  • I just can't with the EO's. My class this morning was entirely students asking about how they're legal, what is the effect. One student just said, "this really makes us look like assholes". Yes, yes it does. 
    H runs a fake campaign in his AP Gov class and his GOP candidates's platform is to show that Republicans aren't racist, homophobic or xenophobic.  There could be hope for the future yet!
  • I saw some bullshit on FB that it was actually Obama's idea to ban these countries and the TA was just following their intelligence and didn't select them personally, and I wanted to scream.  People have lost their damn minds and all ability to fact check or use logic.  

If you guys aren't following them yet, Alt National Park Service is the rogue sector of the National Parks that are continuing to tweet and post about climate change and the impact of dumb shit like "the wall."  

@OliveOilsMom I am so so sorry.  Losing a pet is the worst.

• @OliveOilsMom I am really sorry about Betsey. That is one of the hardest things to handle. Hugs to you.

• @OliveOilsMom I'm so sad for you guys today. Just know that Betsey knows how much you love her and she loves you right back - probably even more. One thing that has comforted H & I since we knew we were going to lose our pup and in times since is that our dogs know and appreciate unconditionally how much we do for them and you and your H should take comfort in the fact that you gave her the best life and the best care. 

You are in my thoughts today.