Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower menu

My bridal shower is coming up on March 18th and the theme is going to be an ice cream social, basically a few different flavors of ice cream, lots of toppings, and the décor and favors centered around the ice cream theme. I have started to wonder what other foods to offer that would sort of go along with this? I don't think there needs to be a huge variety, but I would like some other options besides sweets. Any opinions would be great, thanks.

Re: Bridal shower menu

• First, you should not be planning and/or hosting your own shower. You should not at all be involved in menu planning. 

If the shower is being held during a meal time, people need to be served actual food, and not just ice cream. 
  • My MOH and bridesmaids are planning and hosting the shower they have just been consulting me, such as deciding a theme and menu ideas. I know there needs to be savory foods as well, I as just hoping to get some ideas of what foods might fit in, would fruit/veggie platters, sandwich trays, and chips and dips be too simple? Thanks again.
  • Also the party is starting at 2pm and since it is a fairly small group will most likely be over by 4pm.
  • My MOH and bridesmaids are planning and hosting the shower they have just been consulting me, such as deciding a theme and menu ideas. I know there needs to be savory foods as well, I as just hoping to get some ideas of what foods might fit in, would fruit/veggie platters, sandwich trays, and chips and dips be too simple? Thanks again.
    I think that would be fine.  If your BMs are stuck on ideas for food, I think it's fine to suggest party trays from the grocery store/Subway/wholesale club.  A shower is a party, and that's all party food.  They certainly don't need to go all-out-fancy (like in the movie "Bridesmaids," for example).  Let your BMs know no one will side-eye simple food, as long as they have enough for everyone!
    Just tell the hosts you trust that whatever they want to serve will be great and get out of the planning. That should be your mantra when they come looking for your input-- whatever you plan will be great!
    Nope, not too simple. If your WP has the budget, throwing in a few salads (lettuce and pasta) is a good idea too (though not necessary). As long as there is enough to feed everyone, you are good!
    Nope, that's fine...exactly what I'd recommended to you in my first response.  If they can swing it, a pasta / macaroni / potato salad may be nice too.  But yeah from 2-4 that's fine.
  • chicken salad or tuna salad all look fancy when they are on croissants

This sounds good for that time of day.