Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Music

I don't have the greatest memory, and I listen to way too much radio so I don't actually really know names of songs or artists that may be good. 

I'd love to hear some suggestions on songs for the procession and exit? (Recession?) 

I'm into pretty much any genre, I'm not too picky. I just can't think of anything that would be great! I'm sure there's tons of songs slipping my mind. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music

• I walked down the aisle to the Piano Guy's version of A Thousand Years. The recessional was By Your Side by Sade. 
  • I saw someone do "She Loves Me Like Jesus Does" by Eric Church for the processional. It was really nice. 
  • I walked down to an acoustic guitar playing Time After Time and we recessed to an acoustic guitar playing Don't Stop Believing. Both were songs that had significance to our relationship.   
  • edited March 2017
    Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" would be beautiful for either processional or recessional.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We had both "Till Kingdom Come" by Coldplay and "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last as part of the processional. We used "The Best is Yet to Come" by Frank Sinatra for the recessional.

Check out Piano Guys- anything by them is good!
  • I walked down to Erik Satie's Gymnopedies No. 1. H and I had DMB's You and Me for our recessional. 
  • FI & the bridal party is walking in to Vitamin String Quartet's instrumental version of Storybook Love from The Princess Bride, and I'll walk into A Thousand Years (John Barrowman's version). 

I second the Piano Guys, or Two Cellos or Vitamin String Quartet if you're looking for lovely instrumental versions of popular music.
  • driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    These are all so great! Thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had to choose from a set repetoire list because we can't afford extra to have him learn a new song. That said I'm still pretty pleased. We have a classical guitarist and the bride processional will be "Something" by the Beatles and the recessional will be "Better together" by Jack Johnson. The pre-ceremony music will be Romance by Anonymous.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu