Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids gifts from a confused gift giver!

MCmeowMCmeow member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited March 2017 in Moms and Maids
My bridesmaids are three very different people. I hope I'm getting them something they'll enjoy without imposing too much of my own tastes in things. I know that I know them better than internet strangers, but I guess I need to see if these are gifts people would enjoy receiving if they have these specific interests (or if they're not me). Trying to spend <$75 each

I'm probably getting those bulk movie tickets from costco and adding 2 for each BM. Who doesn't love movies?!
_

BM #1: She's really fashionable, photographer, instagramer, is too cool for girly things like pink stuff and jewelry, loves wearing black in a stylish way, loves British stuff, is obsessed with Harry Potter, and loves spending days being cozy at home with tea, or going out for interesting food.

Gift idea: Harry Potter wine glasses, a bottle of wine, and a box of macaroons. +2 movie tickets
_
BM#2: She's very girly, kind of a princess, loves makeup, loves to go drinking, admits to being "basic", is very smart and loves theorizing about space and astrophysics with us, is getting married a few months after us.

Gift Idea: Galaxy bath bombs (They're bath bombs that look like galaxies duh lol), a fancy nail polish set, champagne gummy bears, +2 movie tickets.
_

BM#3: She's much older than us but still very youthful, she's a teacher, she just bought an apartment and is very excited about it, she likes homemade things, and I remember she told me she has a crazy amount of jewelry. She likes bringing baked stuff for our big family dinners but maybe getting a gift related to baking would be weird...

Gift idea: this is the hard one, I don't talk to her as much as the other two, but I'm thinking a nice throw from west elm and some artisan looking home thing, but I don't know what. I was thinking jewelry box but ehhh. +2 movie tickets! 

How do these sound? Any better ideas? Thanks!

edit: typo :p 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids gifts from a confused gift giver!

• MCmeow said:
    My bridesmaids are three very different people. I hope I'm getting them something they'll enjoy without imposing too much of my own tastes in things. I know that I know them better than internet strangers, but I guess I need to see if these are gifts people would enjoy receiving if they have these specific interests (or if they're not me). Trying to spend <$75 each

I'm probably getting those bulk movie tickets from costco and adding 2 for each BM. Who doesn't love movies?!
    _

BM #1: She's really fashionable, photographer, instagramer, is too cool for girly things like pink stuff and jewelry, loves wearing black in a stylish way, loves British stuff, is obsessed with Harry Potter, and loves spending days being cozy at home with tea, or going out for interesting food.

Gift idea: Harry Potter wine glasses, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of macaroons. +2 movie tickets
    _
    BM#2: She's very girly, kind of a princess, loves makeup, loves to go drinking, admits to being "basic", is very smart and loves theorizing about space and astrophysics with us, is getting married a few months after us.

Gift Idea: Galaxy bath bombs (They're bath bombs that look like galaxies duh lol), a fancy nail polish set, champagne gummy bears, +2 movie tickets.
    _

BM#3: She's much older than us but still very youthful, she's a teacher, she just bought an apartment and is very excited about it, she likes homemade things, and I remember she told me she has a crazy amount of jewelry. She likes bringing baked stuff for our big family dinners but maybe getting a gift related to baking would be weird...

Gift idea: this is the hard one, I don't talk to her as much as the other two, but I'm thinking a nice throw from west elm and some artisan looking home thing, but I don't know what. I was thinking jewelry box but ehhh. +2 movie tickets! 

How do these sound? Any better ideas? Thanks!
    I think the 1st 2 sound good.  As for BM#3, uncommongoods.com has a lot of interesting gifts you won't find in stores (at least not where I live), and you can shop by interest and/or price point.  I love looking at their stuff, and while it's not exactly cheap, you can find tons of apartment decor for under $75.  I'll often find something cool on their site and then try to find something similar/cheaper somewhere else.  As for baking, a friend of mine has a personalized baking dish so when they go to get-togethers, everyone knows who that dish needs to go home with, and everyone knows who made it (it's a nice pattern with "X's hot dish" on the side in sort of an old 50's kitchen style).  So while new baking sheets might be a bit weird as a thank-you gift, I think you could still find something "different" for the kitchen she'd enjoy if you really wanted to go that route.  Hope this gives you some ideas!
  • First two sound great! Maybe a cute trinket, or an apron, and a gift card to Marshall's/ TJ Maxx/ Home Goods.
  • Most sound good but is there any reason why you went with wine instead of tea for BM#1? You mention she loves staying home with tea, but no mention of her enjoying wine. You could do a nice tea cup or set and a variety box of special tea. 
  • Home goods gift card for #3. Or something from homegoods with a receipt. I feel lmy friends are more like sisters to me but even then, I wouldn't want to be gifted housewares, nor try and pick out stuff that they might feel they have to have on display for the next time I come over.

The first two are good but an ipsy subscription for a few months could be fun for #2.

• justsie said:
    Most sound good but is there any reason why you went with wine instead of tea for BM#1? You mention she loves staying home with tea, but no mention of her enjoying wine. You could do a nice tea cup or set and a variety box of special tea. 
    Oh yes sorry that is confusing. I've gotten her tea related things in the past. And she's a fan of wine (we went on a wine tour on her birthday last year). So I don't want to be repetitive. But I did think of getting her some fancy set of tea from around the world or something...

missfrodo said:
    I think the 1st 2 sound good.  As for BM#3, uncommongoods.com has a lot of interesting gifts you won't find in stores (at least not where I live), and you can shop by interest and/or price point.  I love looking at their stuff, and while it's not exactly cheap, you can find tons of apartment decor for under $75.  I'll often find something cool on their site and then try to find something similar/cheaper somewhere else.  As for baking, a friend of mine has a personalized baking dish so when they go to get-togethers, everyone knows who that dish needs to go home with, and everyone knows who made it (it's a nice pattern with "X's hot dish" on the side in sort of an old 50's kitchen style).  So while new baking sheets might be a bit weird as a thank-you gift, I think you could still find something "different" for the kitchen she'd enjoy if you really wanted to go that route.  Hope this gives you some ideas!
    Uncommon goods is where I got the galaxy bathbombs idea! Great website, I haven't looked at their home stuff though, but will do!

First two sound great! Maybe a cute trinket, or an apron, and a gift card to Marshall's/ TJ Maxx/ Home Goods.
    lnixon8 said:
    Home goods gift card for #3. Or something from homegoods with a receipt. I feel lmy friends are more like sisters to me but even then, I wouldn't want to be gifted housewares, nor try and pick out stuff that they might feel they have to have on display for the next time I come over.

The first two are good but an ipsy subscription for a few months could be fun for #2.

A gift card sounds good! I know that's what she always asks for on our secret santas lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the ideas {and suggestions} :) Can I be a BM? ;) jk!
  • I love your ideas for #s 1 & 2!

For #3 - do you have a Sur la Table near you? You mentioned she has a love of baking; Sur la Table often has really nice cookbooks and I have found really great baking accessories there, and I'm obsessed with their jacquard kitchen towels!!
  • I love your ideas for #s 1 & 2!

For #3 - do you have a Sur la Table near you? You mentioned she has a love of baking; Sur la Table often has really nice cookbooks and I have found really great baking accessories there, and I'm obsessed with their jacquard kitchen towels!!
    I'm obsessed with Sur La Table in general. I love their towels and coordinating aprons!
  • I like the ideas {and suggestions} :) Can I be a BM? ;) jk!
    I'm flattered :p 

I love your ideas for #s 1 & 2!

Great idea! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker