Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations - What should be included?

I was hoping some of you etiquette gurus could help me figure out/decide on what should be included as part of our invitations.

Destination Wedding.  STD's have been sent with website information for accommodations, events etc.

We are having our Ceremony and Reception at the same place.  Beach ceremony, reception indoors - I do not need a "reception" card, correct?  It is ok to put at the bottom of the invitation - Reception to Follow?

We are hosting a brunch the following morning - While I "assume" the guests who are traveling for the wedding, are going to come to the brunch, I don't want us to end up paying for unnecessary meals.  Should I include the RSVP for the brunch on the card along with the Reception?  

I do plan on including a "details" card in the invites, instructing Guests to visit the website for the list of weekend events, dress, etc.  Through the website I can allow guests to RSVP for events online - is this a better option for the brunch?

If you got this far, thanks for reading!

Re: Invitations - What should be included?

• @CMGragain is the guru of invitations and wording. So I would take her advice.

1. As far as I know, it is okay to have reception to follow since you are at the same location. 

2. The day-after brunch is typically spread via word of mouth, but if you need RSVPs I would send this out separately or use a single insert for all of this information.  You can indicate on the card to call the host(s) to RSVP or to RSVP online.  Not everyone may be comfortable with the online only ways.

3. You really shouldn't be telling people what to wear to your wedding.  The only exception is if it is a club rule (like men must wear jackets, etc).  Guests will know what to wear based on the location and the formality of the invitations they receive.

I was hoping some of you etiquette gurus could help me figure out/decide on what should be included as part of our invitations.

Destination Wedding.  STD's have been sent with website information for accommodations, events etc.

We are having our Ceremony and Reception at the same place.  Beach ceremony, reception indoors - I do not need a "reception" card, correct?  It is ok to put at the bottom of the invitation - Reception to Follow?

We are hosting a brunch the following morning - While I "assume" the guests who are traveling for the wedding, are going to come to the brunch, I don't want us to end up paying for unnecessary meals.  Should I include the RSVP for the brunch on the card along with the Reception?  

I do plan on including a "details" card in the invites, instructing Guests to visit the website for the list of weekend events, dress, etc.  Through the website I can allow guests to RSVP for events online - is this a better option for the brunch?

If you got this far, thanks for reading!

• @CMGragain is the best at wording the invite itself.  I believe your "reception to follow" at the bottom of the invite is the best way to denote that.  The brunch thing should definitely be on a separate piece of paper--you may be ok putting it with your "details" card, though on your regular RSVP card I might have a second line for # attending the brunch, since online RSVPs can sometimes get glitchy (especially on TK, so I've heard).  That way, all your RSVP info is neatly on 1 postcard and it's less paper to get lost in the mail or your giant pile of wedding-related material (and if they reply to everything online, it's no problem anyway).
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    The wording you included, "Reception to Follow", makes me a bit concerned for your invitation wording and capitalization.  How about posting the wording for your invitation for us to help?

The brunch is not really a part of your wedding day, so it should not be on your actual invitation.  Paper Rsvps are most practical for this event, however.  There are no real etiquette rules for a brunch that occurs the day after your wedding.  I don't think it would hurt to include it the information card, and on the Rsvp. reply card.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks for the responses.  

@CMGragain - We haven't actually drafted the invitations yet.  It was a general question more or less about what pieces of paper/information I really needed to send.  

Once we draft it, I will make sure to have you proof and approve it!  We have one of those "with their family" situations going on.  Thanks!
  • I think its ok to ask people to RSVP for the Brunch - That's what we're doing SP29 idea for the card seems like a good idea to me.
    We have 4 separate events happening in two different countries so I've added a line for each on our website not sure what I'll do about invites yet so I'm eager to see what the ruling is.  CMGragain what do you think?

I think if you follow the rule on the invite itself then the RSVP card could be a little more chill? It's expensive and depending on the numbers the difference it could make could be big. It wouldn't shock me to see it. If it's a destination wedding often a bunch is par for the course nowadays.
    I would definitely suggest you have paper RSVP's as well as your website because older guest might not find using and online RSVP easy.