Attire & Accessories Forum

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

Hi brides!

I know there are already a couple similar threads, but most are a bit older. I'm looking for some creative ideas for my "something new." I was wondering if any of you are doing / did something old, new, borrowed and blue and if you have any creative ideas!

Here's what I have so far:

Old: I'm thinking a locket with each of my grandfathers pictures

New: No idea! I want something specifically for this rather than my dress, shoes, etc. Any ideas?!

Borrowed: Perfume from one of my BMs who got married last year

Blue: Light blue garter though my shoes are blue too!

Would love you hear what you all are doing! Happy planning!

Re: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

• Hi brides!

I know there are already a couple similar threads, but most are a bit older. I'm looking for some creative ideas for my "something new." I was wondering if any of you are doing / did something old, new, borrowed and blue and if you have any creative ideas!

Here's what I have so far:

Old: I'm thinking a locket with each of my grandfathers pictures

New: No idea! I want something specifically for this rather than my dress, shoes, etc. Any ideas?!

Borrowed: Perfume from one of my BMs who got married last year

Blue: Light blue garter though my shoes are blue too!

Would love you hear what you all are doing! Happy planning!
    First, I would suggest not taking things like this too seriously, it'll make the whole wedding planning process a lot easier on you and everyone else.

Maybe a note to your fiance that you can give him after the wedding (once he's your husband)? I really don't understand why your dress wouldn't work, since presumably the purpose of getting a new dress instead of wearing an old one is because it's an awesome garment that you feel great in. That's meaningful enough in itself.
  • New....jewelry, perhaps your groom is gifting you something for the wedding?  Your dress.  A purse?  Are you carrying something up the aisle?  You could add a charm to your bouquet.  You could carry a new family Bible if you are religious.
  • I've heard the rest of the saying is "...and a six-pence in your shoe". My friend did that for her wedding, and I borrowed it from her for my wedding.

My something new was my dress/shoes/whatever--most everything was new. 
    My something blue was a little stickpin that went into my bouquet.
    My something old was a ring I wore on my right hand, it was my mother's engagement ring (and is mine now). 
  • I used the same thing for my something old and something borrowed, my mom's pearls. My something new were my cat shoes. For my something blue I painted my toenails blue.
  • Something blue was my garter, something new was necklace and earrings. I didn't do something borrowed because I wasn't going to stress about it if no one offered anything.
  • My something old were my pearls.
    My something new were my dress/veil/earrings. 
    My something borrowed was a white hoodie that I wore while getting ready - each one of my friends had worn it while getting ready for their weddings, and then I passed it on to another one of our friends who got married last summer. 
    My something blue were my shoes and a blue topaz ring my grandmother had given me a few years prior. 

• My something old were my pearls.
    My something new were my dress/veil/earrings. 
    My something borrowed was a white hoodie that I wore while getting ready - each one of my friends had worn it while getting ready for their weddings, and then I passed it on to another one of our friends who got married last summer
    My something blue were my shoes and a blue topaz ring my grandmother had given me a few years prior. 

Great idea for an item that really usually only ever gets used once!
  • This was mine: 
    - Old: ivory shoes that I had worn to my 8th grade graduation dance. I kid you not. 
    - New: my dress
    -Borrowed: bracelet my mom lent me.
    Blue: piece of blue tape on the bottom of my shoe.
  • You could go the sentimental route - something new that you'd like to pass down to future generations, if applicable. 

You could go the casual/functional route - your dress is probably new, so there's that. 

You could go the philosophical route - this is a new beginning.

You could go the sexy route - get some new lingerie and debut it on your wedding night. 

I guess it depends where your personality fits and where you feel comfortable. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I absolutely LOVE the idea of something new that could be passed down to future generations! 

I'll have to think about what that item could be!

The new lingerie idea is a good one too