Nevada-Las Vegas

Looking for venues on 11.17.17

Hi everyone,

Very new to this board. I recently got engaged (literally last night) and we are planning on November 17th of this year. I'm wondering if it'll be difficult to find a venue for the ceremony? We are hoping for something outdoors, maybe around 50 people (at the most). I'm so overwhelmed at where to start I thought I would come here for advice, thank you! 

Re: Looking for venues on 11.17.17

• MeridianLVMeridianLV member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2017

Well, let's see...if you want an outdoor wedding with an upscale urban feel away from the strip, the hotels at Lake Las Vegas in the southeast, or the JW Marriott a little northwest from the strip, can offer that.  If you want outdoors along the strip, options include the falls at Mandalay Bay, Four Seasons has an outdoor wedding venue, and many others are also available.  If you want low-key or more desert environment, there's Springs Preserve, Valley of Fire state park, plus many off-beat places like the Eldorado canyon historic museum allow weddings (though you have to hire your own officiant).  There are also a multitude of golf clubs/resorts in Vegas with outdoor ceremony sites.

If those aren't enough, there are many wedding-specific venues with outdoor ceremony options (like The Grove), and many hotels and resorts near and far from the strip have outdoor ceremony sites.  Or, if you prefer, you can rent one of the upscale houses specifically repurposed for weddings and events like the 2810 "Quail estate."

In short, there are many options available for outdoor weddings in Vegas, and many of them should still have availability for November.  The more do-it-yourself options tend to be less expensive overall.  It comes down to the two main factors of personal preference and budget. 

If I was actively looking for venues, I'd probably think about my style preferences first to narrow things down...then, I'd think about who is attending and how close they will want to be to the Strip, how much it would be to transport people to and from a venue farther away (and/or who will have their own transport) for ceremony and/or reception, and of course the cost of each part (rooms/suites, ceremony venue, reception & dining).

There are no absolute rules to Vegas weddings except that the marriage license gets signed by the right people, so you can really do it however you want.

• Thank you for such an in-depth answer, gives me an idea of what to start thinking about and looking at!
  • Check my site at vegasgroom.com for a bunch of tips to get you started.  The fact that your date is a Friday will be a little helpful as Saturday is of course the most popular day of the week.  November is also outside typical wedding season, so that will help too.  I think venue will not be as big a deal to find as perhaps some of the vendors since the good ones tend to book up early (photographers, etc.)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• After a lot of research, decided on the Flamingo Gazebo! Package was more reasonable than most on the strip from what I found. Now we need to figure everything else out!