Wedding Woes

Customer service issues - wdyt?

*Barbie**Barbie* member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2017 in Wedding Woes
I ordered 2 pairs of shoes on April 1. One order, same retailer. I have used this company before 2x with no issue. (In case it's a TOS issue to post the name, it's a smaller online retailer - no brick and mortar, and not someone like zappos or amazon). They are based in California. 

Per the company's website, they ship within 24-48 hours of ordering and ship 3-5 business days. This is consistent with past experience. So April 3rd I get a shipment notification that only shows shipping info for one pair and no information on the second. When you click the shipping ref# you get directed to Amazon's shipping page -wtf? This order wasn't placed through Amazon, and it's not reflected in my Amazon account. The ref # also isnt a valid tracking number through ups, FedEx or usps.

So I attempt to contact the company through FB messenger because that's how they update you with order info. No response for a day or so, so I try sending an e-mail.

I just want to understand at this point what is going on with 2nd pair as my cc was charged for both pairs when the order was placed.  (I mean if it's backordered or something, just LMK when it's expected back in stock. I'm ok waiting if you're responsive.) I get back a canned response through email assigning me a case # that says they will get back to me in 1-2 business days. Ok. So 2 business days go by and I email a follow up referencing both order and case #. I also try again with th messenger sending the case # as well. 

Still nothing. Wait another 2 days and contact them again through email and messenger. Try to call their company during business hours and the message says to call another time or email /messenger them. I tried posting on their FB wall, but it had to go to "moderator" so another black hole. 

Last night I found them on Instagram and sent a DM and commented on a pic about lack of customer service. Someone responded almost immediately to the comment saying customer service would contact me today during business hours. Still nothing. 

At this point I've started commenting on their other IG posts about the complete lack of customer service. It's the only thing that seemed to elicit a response. I also called my c.f. company to dispute the charges because at this point I have not received anything -shoe, response on status, etc. and just want the money back for the 2nd pair. Not planning to order through these guys anymore because heaven forbid I would run into an issue and need to make a return or exchange. 

Also, apologies for any wacky spelling/words - internet is out so typing this on my cell, tried to proof, but autocorrect sucks.

Re: Customer service issues - wdyt?

• Jebus! That's awful and beyond unacceptable.
    People really don't appreciate customer service jobs anymore, so it's reflective in the response times.
  • That is really frustrating and I'm sorry to hear it.  I agree.  A "lack of response" is the worst response.  I've been there myself a few times.  You feel like you're screaming into a black hole of nothing.

I don't know why companies don't "get that".  The best thing they can do is be responsive to their customers.  Even if the customer is just sending a compliment like, "Thanks!  These shoes came even faster than I expected."  Send a reply back thanking them for their business and that we at Company X pride ourselves on expediting shipments as quickly as possible.  People like to know they are heard.  Even more so when there is a problem.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ugh. finally got internet back. it's been out for like 3 hours. 
    i'm just disgusted with them - i mean give me one of the 3 - shoes, a refund for the pair not shipped, or some sort of status update. for all i know this company beyond their IG person and marketing e-mail person has completely fallen off the face of the earth. 
  • FWIW, the first pair of shoes did arrive timely - even though they never did provide me with actual tracking info. 
  • when i get them, maybe i'll put these ones in DK's closet. they have glitter. 
    Image result for j adams glitter slip on white sneaker
  • *Barbie* said:
    THE INSTAGRAM COMPLAINTS WORKED!!!!

I got a call from one of their customer service managers and they're giving me a partial refund, a coupon code for a future purchase and putting the shoes on expedited shipping today. she's also giving me her direct contact info in case of any additional questions or concerns. 
    it's a nice gesture, but i'm still iffy about giving them any more business. 

sounds like there was some sort of system issue on the platform that they use to sell through amazon, and it threw orders into limbo. i can't fault them for that - but the lack of customer service response is what is worrisome. hopefully as a cs manager, she can implement the specific changes that we discussed.

Which it sounds like you would have been perfectly understanding about...if anyone had bothered to tell you that after your first contact about the problem.

Or if the problem was widespread enough, a note/explanation on the main website page.  At least you got a partial refund for the annoyance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Which it sounds like you would have been perfectly understanding about...if anyone had bothered to tell you that after your first contact about the problem.

Or if the problem was widespread enough, a note/explanation on the main website page.  At least you got a partial refund for the annoyance.

i would have been - and that's what i told her. i was pissed off by the complete lack of contact.

that was my first suggestion - their marketing e-mails blasts were still working, so obviously had a way to communicate with the wider customer base to let them know of technical difficulties and potential delays on shipments or CS responses. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

*Barbie* said:

Which it sounds like you would have been perfectly understanding about...if anyone had bothered to tell you that after your first contact about the problem.

i would have been - and that's what i told her. i was pissed off by the complete lack of contact.

that was my first suggestion - their marketing e-mails blasts were still working, so obviously had a way to communicate with the wider customer base to let them know of technical difficulties and potential delays on shipments or CS responses. 

Agree with you. When you first contacted them to say, "one of the pairs of shoes I ordered did not show up" they should have responded promptly to let you know they were on the way still.

I ordered a mattress from this new on-line company here in Canada. They do have a physical location in Toronto, but only deal online with sales. Part of their selling feature- save costs without the display in various stores. They have a lot of press, interviews on TV talk shows and good reviews online, so while I was worried to make such a large purchase online, it seemed legit. I ordered a mattress and 2 pillows. The mattress showed up, but not the pillows. I checked the tracking order and it showed as "delivered". So I e-mailed the company asking if my pillows were still coming (I assumed it was the delivery company's fault, not the store, but they have to initiate a claim if not delivered) and a rep responded the next business day letting me know where else to check the tracking to see that the pillows were being delivered as a separate package- and they came the next day. Very prompt response- very pleasant response- email them again if the pillows did not come in a reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure I would order from this shoe company again either.