Wedding Invitations & Paper

direction cards...

hi everyone, 

just a quick question about direction cards. We are having the ceremony and reception in two different location and, I am unsure if you give directions to the reception or to the ceremony on these cards.

Thanks

Re: direction cards...

• Your main invitation wording will tell guests where the ceremony is and, at the end, it'll usually just say "Reception to follow".

Since your reception is in a different location and you think people will need directions, include that information on an info insert. It's just a separate card in the envelope. You can put any pertinent information on it. For ours, our ceremony was in a unique spot and we needed a map to show people. Our reception was in a separate location. So on on our formal invitation, we just said "XYZ Venue Name" (for the ceremony) and "Reception to follow". Then on the info insert, we had a ceremony map and additional information on the reception location.
    *********************************************************************************

• hi everyone, 

just a quick question about direction cards. We are having the ceremony and reception in two different location and, I am unsure if you give directions to the reception or to the ceremony on these cards.

Thanks

If you want to use the cards, I'd put both.  We had the address on our invitation I think, and we expected people to use google maps or whatever to get there.  I don't think direction cards are necessary with the internet, as long as you have the addresses on your invite.
  • I don't think the cards are necessary unless you live in an area like Boston with roundabouts that can make any GPS crazy OR you're in the woods and a GPS may not know where it is. 
  • I agree with @adk19. If they aren't at the same location a reception card is used. DD put directions on their website and we didn't include any directions in the invitation itself; however, she got married in a big city where gps/google maps would work.
  • I have never heard of "direction cards".

Your wedding invitation invites guests to your ceremony, and the address is on the invitation.  Zip codes are never on wedding invitations.
    You will need a reception card included with your invitation.  Here is the wording:

Reception

Time o'clock

Venue Name
    123 Main Street
    Anytown, Iowa

R.s.v.p.

You may also include pre-printed R.s.v.p. cards, with pre-addressed return envelopes and postage stamps, but this is not strictly required.  Most people do this nowadays.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg