Honeymoon Discussions
Options

2 weeks in Croatia/Italy/South of France/Mediterranean?

Hi guys! We're planning on taking our honeymoon in Summer 2018 and are kicking around ideas. My latest has been Croatia which I absolutely love the idea of. I wanted to see if anyone has been there before or travelled around that area and would like to share any suggestions? At this point we don't have a budget or anything. We're assuming max 2 weeks but could also reduce the time if cost became an issue. I'd be open to splitting the trip into 2 locations, maybe South of France and then to Croatia. Definitely want beach time but also some adventures too (hiking/scuba diving/boating or sailing).

If any of you have some strong feelings towards any of this geographical area, please let me know!

Re: 2 weeks in Croatia/Italy/South of France/Mediterranean?

• Options
    Croatia was my dream honeymoon!! We weren't able to swing it but are hoping to visit soon. We have some friends who have a house in Dalmatia so we were going to start there. There is a great rail system and you can buy passes that get you all around Europe. Croatia is growing increasingly popular so it is not as cost effective as it once was but bumper season (April-may or sept-oct) is good. Hope you make it happen!
  • Options

megtownxx said:

Hi guys! We're planning on taking our honeymoon in Summer 2018 and are kicking around ideas. My latest has been Croatia which I absolutely love the idea of. I wanted to see if anyone has been there before or travelled around that area and would like to share any suggestions? At this point we don't have a budget or anything. We're assuming max 2 weeks but could also reduce the time if cost became an issue. I'd be open to splitting the trip into 2 locations, maybe South of France and then to Croatia. Definitely want beach time but also some adventures too (hiking/scuba diving/boating or sailing).

If any of you have some strong feelings towards any of this geographical area, please let me know!

If you don't want to fly, You could easily start in the south of France (Nice- Cinqueterra is an amazing 3 hour drive through Monaco etc all along the coast!),  get the train through Italy, across Tuscany and then get the overnight ferry across from Ancona to Split, Croatia. 

• Options

megtownxx said:

If you don't want to fly, You could easily start in the south of France (Nice- Cinqueterra is an amazing 3 hour drive through Monaco etc all along the coast!),  get the train through Italy, across Tuscany and then get the overnight ferry across from Ancona to Split, Croatia. 

This is a fabulous idea and definitely what i was thinking of - great tip, thank you!