Wedding Woes

Wednesday- last day of school!!!

I'm always excited for a bit, but by August I'm done.  I've got my zoo, pool, and COSI memberships up to date, and camps and lessons scheduled.  I can do this! PTO maybe not.  They've already scheduled 4 meetings for this summer.  What?!

Re: Wednesday- last day of school!!!

• Man I wish I could sign myself up for summer camps. I want to go to ceramics camp, yoga camp, anything with swim time. It would be the best way to make friends here, lol.

SSDD here. I vacuumed the couch then the dog jumped up and shook out all his hair. That pretty much sums up my day.

Ramadan starts next week and the barn only does evening lessons during that time. 9pm- 1am. Idk who the crazies are that ride at 1am but I hope I am not one of them. I wouldn't really mind except I imagine getting a taxi home will be brutal, lol. They already look at me like I am going to murder them when I ask them to drive to (what seems like) the middle of nowhere.
  • DH and I talked last night about the potential opportunity for me to work abroad for a few months this year (Hong Kong and/or Shanghai, it's unclear at the moment). He told me to apply (the man is either the most supportive or trying to get rid of me, haha), and seems far more excited about the opportunity than I am. In my defense, trip sounds simultaneously awesome and like a complete nightmare (not just logistics and costs, which won't all be covered by the company, but also because of company politics), it's over the holidays, and stupid stuff (China has never been on my bucket list, but Hong Kong would be cool, I'll miss a wedding, etc.).... BUT I can't deny it has the potential to open a lot of doors for my career.  Like, all of them.

And, I think DH would be able to visit me for a week or so over Thanksgiving. So the "Go" list is long, but the politicking is such a huge deterrent. It'll be the reason most people eligible won't apply. 

Anyway, I have til Friday to submit the application, so I'll probably do it. Because I'm a sadist. And it's an adventure. And adventures are fun, and I'm not waiting til I'm alone in retirement to tie balloons to my (literal and figurative) house.

Other than that, SSDD. Tomorrow is my Friday. Yay.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @6fsn PTO meetings in the summer? That's crazy!

@missJeanLouise summer camp for adults would be so fun! I would also do yoga camp, swimming, and maybe cooking/baking camp?

This morning H & I are working from home and then drive into Boston for my 27-week appointments and tests at the hospital this afternoon. I have to do the blood glucose test as well today - a precaution because I am considered "elderly" being pregnant at 37 lol. But that means I can only have water until I drink the fake orange crap at noon. Luckily there are a bunch of restaurant options in the neighborhood where the hospital is, so I can have H run out and grab me some "brunch" at 2pm.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @atomicblonde that sounds like a cool opportunity - I really wish I would have had something like that in my career because I would have liked to try even though I know it would be difficult, let alone throwing company politics into the mix. 
  • @sparklepants41 good luck!  My OBGYN gave me a brochure about preparing for pregnancy after I asked if I needed to consult with her before dropping BC.  It refers to it as a "geriatric pregnancy."  I'm 37 now and we don't even plan on stopping BC until August at the earliest.  I'll be super geriatric if it ever happens.

@atomicblonde that sounds awesome! H did China for work for 3 weeks last summer and said it was unforgettable.  Except he was in Beijing which isn't anywhere nearly as cool as Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Last night Hubs went to a baseball game and got home around 11:30 to find me sleeping on the sofa so he woke me up so I could go sleep in bed and then tried putting the moves on me.  I was like get off me fool, you woke me up, I don't like you right now.  Although I wouldn't have liked him if he left me on the sofa either so it was a lose lose for him.  Poor guy.

Today I have some work to do, then I need to do some laundry and pack to leave for Florida tomorrow.  I wish I had taken an earlier flight in retrospect.  My BFF is leaving for PA tomorrow as well so we're doing a girls night since neither of us are working tomorrow.

• @6fsn PTO meetings in the summer? That's crazy!

@missJeanLouise summer camp for adults would be so fun! I would also do yoga camp, swimming, and maybe cooking/baking camp?

This morning H & I are working from home and then drive into Boston for my 27-week appointments and tests at the hospital this afternoon. I have to do the blood glucose test as well today - a precaution because I am considered "elderly" being pregnant at 37 lol. But that means I can only have water until I drink the fake orange crap at noon. Luckily there are a bunch of restaurant options in the neighborhood where the hospital is, so I can have H run out and grab me some "brunch" at 2pm.

Good luck with your glucose test!  I can't believe they're making you wait until noon to do it.  My doctor did them all at 8:00 a.m., and the cranky-looking hungry pregnant women milling around were already scary enough.  If they had made us wait until noon, there might have been rioting.

I would totally get on board with summer camp for adults.

• Heffalump said:

@6fsn PTO meetings in the summer? That's crazy!

Good luck with your glucose test!  I can't believe they're making you wait until noon to do it.  My doctor did them all at 8:00 a.m., and the cranky-looking hungry pregnant women milling around were already scary enough.  If they had made us wait until noon, there might have been rioting.

I can't even have coffee this morning - by the time I can eat again I am either going to be hangry or extremely weepy lol.  
  • kvrunskvruns member

Heffalump said:

I can't even have coffee this morning - by the time I can eat again I am either going to be hangry or extremely weepy lol.  

I feel like mine was in the afternoon and I just couldn't have something a few hours before hand

• kvruns said:

Heffalump said:

I feel like mine was in the afternoon and I just couldn't have something a few hours before hand

I was told nothing but water for 8 hours prior. :-/
  • I would love an adult summer camp. 

Eff a noon glucose test.  Mine was 1st thing as well.  I can't imagine having to wait until noon. 

Tomorrow is our last day of school!  I can't believe it.   I'm not ready for all of us being in the house together all the time. 

I busted the shit out of my pinky toe last night.  It's bandaged and I'm afraid to look.  IDK if my nail is going to be still attached.  :/

I cannot wait to be off next week.  I'm burnt out on work and grouchy. 

• The "polite" term is advanced maternal age, but all my insurance forms declared me elderly. Not going to lie...I cried the first time I saw it. One benefit of being "elderly" is that I got extra ultrasounds.

I finally heard back from a job I was supposed to hear back about last week. I was already iffy on if I actually wanted it, but the fact that it took over a week to ask me to come in for an in-person interview? Nah brah, I'm out. 

A friend and former classmate is the assistant controller at a small business near me. She's been trying to get a GL accountant position open with her. She's finally got approval and has been dropping my name for a year. So we'll see with that. 

I have a test for a job with my city next week.

H and I got into a fight last night and it carried over to today. I'm having thoughts about not wanting to continue our relationship. Something has to change. I will not spend the rest of my life being treated like I'm stupid.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My 1 hr glucose was in the afternoon with no restrictions. The 3 hr was first thing after fasting. Second time we skipped straight to the 3 hr. Third time straight to monitoring. 
  • @sparklepants41  good luck with the test! Here all women do that test :) How are you doing btw?

@atomicblonde  interesting opportunities! Would your H go with you?

@kimmiinthemitten  urg I hate when they do that! It's like "uh no bud, you did the worst thing to do. off with your head!"

Weekend was good.

Saturday - went trap shooting. I shot 4x and hit a target once. Not my thing though. Shotgun is too big and hurt my arm. My mother - who is close to my size and slightly shorter because of age now .... muahahaha ... - is a beast. She kept going and loves it! LMAO

Sunday - Went to see my friend's boyfriend's band. There was a bunch of bands and they were good. Like late 90s/early 00s kinda music {think early Green Day, SUM 41, Blink 182 etc} It was good.

Monday - lazed around and then we went to my aunt's place for a BBQ. It's so funny, my cousin and I look nothing alike but something comes up and we both think EXACTLY alike! I love it. There's also a 7yr age gap between us, so it makes me feel connected :)

I ended up staying home yesterday because of muscle tension causing headache. Went through some crap. I'm a card hoarder. I was good and tossed some, but it's more emotional that you expect. Like finding cards my dad gave me, all I could think was that I thought I'd never see that hand writing ever again.
    Then I found old cards M and I exchanged for bdays or anniversary - or the rare vday lol I pulled those out to show M because it's endearing.
  • @DrillSergeantCat  yay extra ultrasounds boo fights <3
  • kvrunskvruns member
    hugs @DrillSergeantCat I'm going through some similar H stuff and it sucks
  • I have to do fasting blood work 3x/year.  One time, I decided I'd wait until after I got off work at 11AM on Friday, so I didn't have to take any sick time.  Huge mistake!  I thought I'd just be mildly unhappy for the last 1-2 hours.  I was ravenous and miserable by 9AM.  Plus, by the time I get to the doctor's, get the blood work done, and get somewhere for food...it's at least 1PM.  And that's all without being PG.  Lots of sympathies to you, @sparklepants41.  I'm sorry they are torturing you.

I want a summer camp that's just lounging by a river and going rafting.  Wine tasting and cooking classes for dinner.

@DrillSergeantCat, that would be great if things work out with the company your friend is working at.  Yikes!  I'm so sorry to hear you and your H are having some serious problems.  Have you all thought about marriage counseling?  Is that something both of you would be open to?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @MissKittyDanger I save cards too. I don't know why exactly, because it isn't like I read them again, but it just seems weird to get rid of them.
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm good - work is intermittently super busy though. I left early yesterday afternoon because I was having pretty intense Braxton-Hicks contractions. Hard to believe next week I will be in my third trimester!
  • @short+sassy I"m sure he'd be open to it. We both have a bad habit of snipping at each other and condescending to each other. I'm aware I do it and have been working at changing my tone. He got mad last night because I asked him if he'd heard from the roof guy and then asked, "And he knows it has to be done by June 2nd?" H looked at me like I'd just asked the stupidest question on earth and talked to me like I was 3. Last week he said the roofer knew we closed on the 2nd, but I don't automatically assume that means he knows we need it done by then especially considering H was saying he didn't understand why it needed to be done before we closed. He said last night he was frustrated because he feels like we keep having the same conversation over and over. I mean...it was twice. 

He agrees that we both need to work on how we talk to each other. I honestly can't imagine my life without him, but I'm still hurt by it.
  • @kvruns Same! Cards usually stay in a box/bin/etc. When I was going thru them, I tossed the "thinking of you" "valentines" and anything from friends, unless it's the rare one that I felt means more.

@sparklepants41  3rd already!? Jeez where is the time going!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Apparently 2nd anniversary is cotton - does that mean it's cool for me to get H a big package of his favorite TP? I'm only half joking. I mean he takes it with him on vacation..... 
  • Morning!

Another day off.  Taking the bulldog to the vet as a follow up for his ear infections.    Otherwise, I'm being lazy.

I finally went to PT yesterday.  The therapist said "you are not strong enough to do 14ers".   I almost cried said "well I've already done them, so".   Then at the end he said it's correctable and I should be able to do them by July.  Which is when the snow is mostly melted and I would start doing them anyway.   I'm not sure I like this guy.  Maybe it was his way to motivate me to do my homework?? Not sure, I see him again on Friday.  

2nd anniversary -  My DH has a huge cotton phobia.  It's so bad that if there is cotton in a jar and I'm not home.  He will hide that jar somewhere, in a room he doesn't go in until I can come home and remove the cotton.      I really wanted to mess with him on our 2nd anniversary, but I'm not that mean.  I just got him a cotton shirt. (those are okay, it's cotton balls that are the issue).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi  I'm trying not to giggle, but the idea of being uncomfortable around cotton is just .... idk, kind of adorable? :) Was there a cause of this or just something that happened?

• @lyndausvi  I'm trying not to giggle, but the idea of being uncomfortable around cotton is just .... idk, kind of adorable? :) Was there a cause of this or just something that happened?

No idea.  He has been like that for years.   He was a sick kid. His mom thinks it was a result of being in the hospital/doctor's office a lot as a kid.

Out here we have Cottonwood trees.  OMG - when they bloom and it starts flying everywhere he is on the verge of a panic attack.

Oddly enough.  He loves cotton candy.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

• lyndausvi said:

@lyndausvi  I'm trying not to giggle, but the idea of being uncomfortable around cotton is just .... idk, kind of adorable? :) Was there a cause of this or just something that happened?

No idea.  He has been like that for years.   He was a sick kid. His mom thinks it was a result of being in the hospital/doctor's office a lot as a kid.

Out here we have Cottonwood trees.  OMG - when they bloom and it starts flying everywhere he is on the verge of a panic attack.

Oddly enough.  He loves cotton candy.

Ahh the doctor/hospital visits makes sense. Poor guy! Damn trees!

Cotton candy, safest of all cottons ;)
  • @DrillSergeantCat and @kvruns hugs.  My sis and her husband are still struggling to figure out who they are as married parents and not just married people.  

• kvruns said:

Apparently 2nd anniversary is cotton - does that mean it's cool for me to get H a big package of his favorite TP? I'm only half joking. I mean he takes it with him on vacation..... 

I got DH toilet paper for out first.  I was pink and had sheep with hearts on it.  

• kvruns said:

Yes. It's completely fine. Lol

• kvruns said:

I got DH toilet paper for out first.  I was pink and had sheep with hearts on it.  

That is adorable!