May 2012 Weddings

When are you sending out invites?

I guess I should introduce myself first :)  I got engaged last month and we chose May 12 (I HATE a long engagement.) 

Anyway, after reading the post below I am starting to freak out as I have not even ordered invites yet! (everything else is done).

I was planning on ordering them next month, and sending them out March 12.  I have an RSVP date of April 18, 2 weeks before I give my venue a final headcount.

When are you sending out invitations?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When are you sending out invites?

• I'm sending mine Feb 14th, and my RSVP date is April 4th, about 2 weeks before we need our final headcount.

I think you'll be fine as long as you decide what you want and get going on it sooner rather than later =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have the wording and design all worked out (I am going with VistaPrint)  I guess I will order them today!
  • I'm May 12 too and I decided to TRY and wait until March 1 with an RSVP date of April 14. HTH!

Oh....and WELCOME!!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married May 19 and I'm sending mine out before March 15 with a due date of May 1.
  • I will be sending mine out the middle fo March with RSVP of April 18th, and I'm getting married May 18.
  • edited January 2012
    Same timeline as PP but ours is a month later due to the reception being in June when we get home, sending them out in March with a RSVP date of May 19
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • welcome :-)

Originally I was going to send them out on Feb 23rd w/ an RSVP date of April 5th. But I  am now sending them out a week earlier, Feb 16th. My wedding date is May 5th. 
  • I'm sending mine out on March 10th with an RSVP date by April 21st. My wedding is May 19th. Welcome to the board!
  • I'm sending mine out the middle of March with a RSVP date at the beginning of May.  I'm getting married May 26th.

And welcome to the board!
    Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    February is way too early to send invites.

Our date is May 19, RSVP date is April 28, sending invites end of March/beginning of April.

ETA: The standard is 6-8 weeks from your wedding day, not your RSVP date. 8 weeks being the very latest you should send them. 
  • I was planning to send them out March 5 (our date is May 5) and give guests until April 14 to RSP, the caterer needs final head count April 21 which is 2 weeks before wedding. This gives us a week to call stragglers. Should we have more time to do this? Like 2 weeks?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're sending out on March 1st, and asking for RSVP's by April 1st for our May 5th wedding.
  • i am may 25th-going to send mine out the 2nd week of march and want repsponses by april 14.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    I actually think it all depends on when your venue needs final head count.  Our venue requires a final count 30 days prior to event so, we have to have all RSVP's in no later than April 3rd.  So, we set our RSVP due date to March 26, giving us about a week to contact anyone who didn't respond.  Also, consider how many out of town guests you will have because they will want as much time as possible to plan for flights/hotel.  Even though we sent out our STD's, I am starting to get calls from OOT guests asking me when festivites begin, what time the ceremony starts, etc.  So, I don't think sending them out in February is too early, if your situation requires more leadtime for your venue/guests.  We are planning on mailing out our invites on Feb 10th, which will be 12 weeks before the wedding but only gives our guests about 5 weeks to RSVP.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:22592aef-7956-47cd-86c9-762a7149df98">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]February is way too early to send invites. Our date is May 19, RSVP date is April 28, sending invites end of March/beginning of April. ETA: The standard is 6-8 weeks from your wedding day, not your RSVP date. 8 weeks being the very latest you should send them. 
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

Way to early for you i hope you mean.....you are right the standard is 6-8 weeks, but people have different situations, this isnt the snarky bride board ;)

We sent them out a week ago because our wedding is on a long weekend in a tourist town that is also hosting a baseball tournement that weekend, so our room blocks are only good till the end of Feb, since most (probably 80 percent) of our guests are out town, we want to give them time to actually book rooms before its too late and everyone has to scramble. Our rvsp date is 3 weeks before the wedding.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Our wedding is May 5th and I was planning on sending mine out the first week or so of March with an April 5th RSVP date. We don't actually need the final head count until 5 days before the wedding but no one has to know that ;)
  • I'm sending mine out by March 3 with RSVP April 3 one week before final head count for venue.  However, I'm paying for 50 people and don't want more the 50 people
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:fb24b53d-c773-4fb1-b890-a5b89e316540">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be sending mine out the middle fo March with RSVP of April 18th, and I'm getting married May 18.
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

Same with us.
  • I'm sending mine out on Feb 14th with a RSVP date of April 5th for out May 10th wedding. Our's is a destination wedding, so I'm giving my guests (and myself) a little extra time. :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:6fabf4b3-cab8-48c4-ba13-3d8258b93a71">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually think it all depends on when your venue needs final head count.  Our venue requires a final count 30 days prior to event so, we have to have all RSVP's in no later than April 3rd.  So, we set our RSVP due date to March 26, giving us about a week to contact anyone who didn't respond.  Also, consider how many out of town guests you will have because they will want as much time as possible to plan for flights/hotel.  Even though we sent out our STD's, I am starting to get calls from OOT guests asking me when festivites begin, what time the ceremony starts, etc.  So, I don't think sending them out in February is too early, if your situation requires more leadtime for your venue/guests.  We are planning on mailing out our invites on Feb 10th, which will be 12 weeks before the wedding but only gives our guests about 5 weeks to RSVP.  
    Posted by classykat22[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Like I said, my RSVP date is April 5th because I need to get the final head count to my venue by the week after.  And 99% of my guests are from OOT and will require a hotel stay.  If some etiquette snob turns their nose up at my invite because it isn't mailed out within the "traditional" 6-8 week time frame, they are more than welcome to kiss my a$$ and not come to our wedding.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:81e5e9a0-8ef9-462b-a581-d53742fc269d">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When are you sending out invites? : This.  Like I said, my RSVP date is April 5th because I need to get the final head count to my venue by the week after.  And 99% of my guests are from OOT and will require a hotel stay.  <strong>If some etiquette snob turns their nose up at my invite because it isn't mailed out within the "traditional" 6-8 week time frame, they are more than welcome to kiss my a$$ and not come to our wedding</strong>.
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

Well said!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I'm planning on sending mine on Feb. 20th because 95% of my guests are from out of town so I figure that that 3 months before the wedding isn't "too early". I personally like to get wedding invites sooner rather than later so I have more time to plan. Our RSVP date is April 20th and I'm hoping the sooner I send them, the sooner I start getting most of the responses by. My life is going to be crazy b/t April 20th and wedding date (on top of wedding plans, I will be finishing up school AND moving)

A family member of mine is getting married in June and my mom got their invite this past week!
    Photobucket
  • Our wedding is May 26th.  Because it's a holiday weekend and over half of our guests are coming from out of town, we'll probably send them out the first week of March.  I agree with PP...when I'm invited to a wedding, I'd rather get the invitation sooner rather than later.  A lot of my guests on on a strict budget, and the more time they have to plan accordingly, the better.  I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with sending out the invitations early.  Even TK's checklist says to send them out at the three-month mark. ;)
  • We just sent our invites out this past week. it isnt too early. half our guests are out of town guests and need time to plan travel and accommodations. PLUS, getting RSVPs by mid march gives us plenty of time to deal with final headcounts and stragglers, etc. Less stress on us in the long run and less stress for our guests! :)
  • Congrats! Our date is the 12th, too! We are in the process of ordering our invites from Etsy and plan to send them out in early March (not sure of exact date yet) with an RSVP date of April 23rd. My venue needs final head count two weeks prior, this gives us 3 weeks for those who might "forget" or "send late." We had already sent out STDs back in October since this is a DW and everyone will need a hotel for atleast one night.

Congrats and good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:22592aef-7956-47cd-86c9-762a7149df98">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]February is way too early to send invites. Our date is May 19, RSVP date is April 28, sending invites end of March/beginning of April. ETA: The standard is 6-8 weeks from your wedding day, not your RSVP date. 8 weeks being the very latest you should send them. 
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

I'm using the same timeline, but a week earlier since our wedding is the 12th. And more than half of our guests are OOT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:569475b4-9462-48b9-ac9d-e7c8d3dcda98">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're sending out on March 1st, and asking for RSVP's by April 1st for our May 5th wedding.
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

lol pretty much exactly this... down to every date.. how weird is that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e413a288-feb0-44a5-bd49-ba601c700e57Post:81e5e9a0-8ef9-462b-a581-d53742fc269d">Re: When are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When are you sending out invites? : This.  Like I said, my RSVP date is April 5th because I need to get the final head count to my venue by the week after.  And 99% of my guests are from OOT and will require a hotel stay. <strong> If some etiquette snob turns their nose up at my invite because it isn't mailed out within the "traditional" 6-8 week time frame, they are more than welcome to kiss my a$$ and not come to our wedding.</strong>
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

Love it!!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're sending ours out the last week of February, responses due April 7, wedding is May 5. 
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sending mine out  Second/Third week of March with a RSVP date at the beginning of May.  I'm getting married May 27th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards