Attire & Accessories Forum

Casual Groomsmen Attire Stores

kjehrlichkjehrlich member
Hi! I am planning a super casual wedding and am thinking of having our groomsmen in khakis, a button up (short sleeve or long - their preference!) flip flops, and suspenders. Just curious what some of the stores are that others have found that specialize in this kind of attire, with multiple color options, for a really affordable price! And really affordable means like $50 per guy, give or take. I know I could start somewhere like Macy's or other department store but I am interested to hear of other one-of-a-kind finds some of you may have come across in the past. Thank you so much! 

Re: Casual Groomsmen Attire Stores

• I did khakis, white shirt, navy sport coat, brown shoes and we bought the vineyard vines ties... I think with such a simple and classic look I would do easy as possible (Macy's, amazon etc.). No one is going to talk about how great the groomsmen looked in their one of a kind khakis.

Maybe post in an Atlanta board? 

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    Kohls is my go to store for casual bargain clothes.
    I would rethink the suspenders.  Suspenders are not supposed to be worn without a jacket to cover them. This might be OK with work jeans, but not khakis.  There is a difference between dress casual and work clothes, which are not appropriate for any wedding.   Belts do the job without being too awkward and I am guessing your groomsmen already have good belts to wear.   Casual is fine, and I like your khaki and shirt plan! 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:

I would rethink the suspenders.  Suspenders are not supposed to be worn without a jacket to cover them. This might be OK with work jeans, but not khakis.  There is a difference between dress casual and work clothes, which are not appropriate for any wedding.   Belts do the job without being too awkward and I am guessing your groomsmen already have good belts to wear.   Casual is fine, and I like your khaki and shirt plan! 

I've seen a huge increase in men wearing suspenders in weddings and I don't think it is a big deal. I would have your H ask his men if they are interested in wearing suspenders. If they are, then it is probably ok.

• MobKazMobKaz member

ernursej said:

CMGragain said:

I've seen a huge increase in men wearing suspenders in weddings and I don't think it is a big deal. I would have your H ask his men if they are interested in wearing suspenders. If they are, then it is probably ok.

To me the look with suspenders is a bit cliche, and a waste of money from the men's POV.  How often will they wear them beyond the wedding?  Of course, the same could be said for so many things women need to purchase as well.  For me, it's the flip flops I find worthy of rethinking.

• MobKaz said:

ernursej said:

CMGragain said:

To me the look with suspenders is a bit cliche, and a waste of money from the men's POV.  How often will they wear them beyond the wedding?  Of course, the same could be said for so many things women need to purchase as well.  For me, it's the flip flops I find worthy of rethinking.

I'm seeing a ton of suspenders as part of the business world. H's office has two individuals that wear them 1-2 x per week. I think it is one of those accessory things that if the groom wants them to be worn, he should be paying for them.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2017
    There is nothing wrong with men wearing suspenders.  They should be covered by a jacket, though.  If the men are not wearing jackets, then they should not be wearing suspenders.
    I also agree about the flip flops.  Why not just casual shoes?
    I get it that the OP wants a very non-traditional wedding, but, at least to me, this sounds way off.  OP, what kind of dress are YOU wearing that will go with this very non-traditional menswear?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:

There is nothing wrong with men wearing suspenders.  They should be covered by a jacket, though.  If the men are not wearing jackets, then they should not be wearing suspenders.
    I also agree about the flip flops.  Why not just casual shoes?
    I get it that the OP wants a very non-traditional wedding, but, at least to me, this sounds way off.  OP, what kind of dress are YOU wearing that will go with this very non-traditional menswear?

No jacket to be found! I like the look. I feel like this is something that is starting to change from a jacket required to no jacket in sight.
  • First - not everyone is comfortable in flip-flops.  Even for BM there's a reason we highly recommend brides allow BM's to choose their own footwear for the situation.  

As for a $50 budget for all those pieces, you're looking at Walmart and at max Target.  Nothing wrong with that at all either.  But $50 for all those items, unless you get some super sale, Kohl's with coupons would even be tough.  

Finally - remember your GM aren't props, you may like the look, but are THEY willing to wear it.