Wedding Woes

TGIF!!!

edited August 2017 in Wedding Woes
I'm gonna edit this at the end BUT I took an ept and there's a lot of questions lmao
{because why not ...}

So test says
"If it goes
| |
you're pregnant.
If only one line, you're not.

I got this:

- |

I'm thinking it's still positive, because that weird line is pretty strong BUT since it's weird ... I'm buying same tonight and retesting tomorrow morning.

Otherwise absolutely nothing else.

Re: TGIF!!!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Evaporation line?  Go buy a digital test.  I never did well with the line tests.  I don't think I ever used FMU either.

SSDD here.  I'm picking out anniversary gifts, holiday cards, and work shirts.  Boss has been asking people to use me more so I'm get all sorts of hours.  He also asked me to come into the office- third time in 3 years.  Usually it's because they're training me on something new. I'm also hoping I'll get a new computer and they'll just set it all up when I'm there so I don't have to try to figure it out.

Tomorrow 2 soccer games.  Sunday birthday party. 
  • @6fsn  yeh I'm getting another test for tomorrow but it's like "wtf ... it's suppose to be nothing if negative" {which is 100% why I got it lol}
  • This looks negative. The directions say that the line in the small window is just to show you that the test worked. The large window is to tell you your results (positive or negative). If you get a plus sign in the big window, you're pregnant. If you get one, horizontal line, you are not pregnant. 

http://uk.clearblue.com/clearblue-pregnancy-tests-range/clearblue-plus-pregnancy-test (click on videos and play the video)

They are pretty clear that the test is most accurate the day of your missed period. For 1 day before, it's 99% accurate. For 2 days before, 97%. 3 days before, 88%. 4 days before, 56%. 
    *********************************************************************************

• That's confusing @MissKittyDanger; I agree take a digital one. 

Feeling like a new person today; no more sickness! I'm buying a new computer tonight because even though I have two new desktops from the new jobs, I need a laptop. I've always had a MacBook Pro, but I'm thinking I can drop down to an Air, has anyone had one and loved/hated it? Don't try and sell me on a PC, H has tried, and I'm just a Mac. 

• edited August 2017
    @southernbelle0915  I was looking for a plus sign, but then re-read the instructions and if the main window {not control} is empty, that's negative. It's suppose to be a vertical line for positive .... it's so weird. 

To be specific, I got this test
    http://ca-en.clearblue.com/pregnancy-tests/early-pregnancy-test
  • That's confusing @MissKittyDanger; I agree take a digital one. 

Feeling like a new person today; no more sickness! I'm buying a new computer tonight because even though I have two new desktops from the new jobs, I need a laptop. I've always had a MacBook Pro, but I'm thinking I can drop down to an Air, has anyone had one and loved/hated it? Don't try and sell me on a PC, H has tried, and I'm just a Mac. 

I have an Air.  I love how small and light it is, though I rarely take it out of the house.  Mine is from 2011 and is still running like new, although I will say that the disk space is full from photos.  I didn't think I had a lot, but apparently I do.  I think the regular Mac Books have more space cos they don't use a flash drive.  

This is all based on my 2011, so they could have new stuff out now. I know the new Mac Books are much smaller and thinner now too.  I also found them a lot more expensive than when I bought mine.  Originally, I didn't like that there wasn't space for a CD/DVD drive, but apparently no computers come with them now.  I have an external one I use now anyway and got used to it

• Hm, I wonder if they packaged it wrong. It looks much more like the Rapid Detection one, which would explain the horizontal line. Either way, one of those tests that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" are the way to go. They're super clear and you can't really misinterpret the results. 

Waiting and not knowing is so hard. Hang in there!
    *********************************************************************************

• Hm, I wonder if they packaged it wrong. It looks much more like the Rapid Detection one, which would explain the horizontal line. Either way, one of those tests that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" are the way to go. They're super clear and you can't really misinterpret the results. 

Right!? So confused lmao
    I have a 'pregnant'/'not pregnant' at home, but I'm picking up another one just in case I read those instructions and I'm too early
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Friday could not come fast enough.  I have a gallbladder x-ray today at 2:15 (their only slot for today) which means I cannot eat after 10:15 today.  waaaah. So yeah, I'm going to have a big brunch.

@Misskittydanger, don't post on the weekend about the test.  I won't see it.  LOL

edit because I realized I wrote it could not come faster enough instead of fast enough and I couldn't live with myself if that stayed up there.

• Friday could not come faster enough.  I have a gallbladder x-ray today at 2:15 (their only slot for today) which means I cannot eat after 10:15 today.  waaaah. So yeah, I'm going to have a big brunch.

edit: @Misskittydanger, don't post on the weekend about the test.  I won't see it.  LOL
    Haha! TK doesn't always like my phone, so I'm surprised I could post photo

Side note:
    M and I are pretty sure it's a faulty test btw There's a faint line through the control window
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2017
    Get a digital!!!  :D 

This morning was weird.  DefConn and I woke up on time and then it seemed like everything was a slow-motion rush.  Typically after he eats breakfast, gets dressed, we do hair, and brush teeth, we have about 7-10 min before having to go down the drive to catch the bus.  Today, I went to sit down to look over a few work things before heading down and we were 2 min 'late' for getting out the door (we are usually out there for 3-5 min waiting for the bus).  

Anyhoo, tonight I'm hoping to get in my Costco run.  Tomorrow, I'm going to bake cookies and brownies for our fight party.  I have a little bit of cleaning to do and then hopefully I'll have a little down time until people show up.  DH has to work, but I know he's going to be busting ass to get done ASAP. 

I might try to sneak in a little shopping.  I'm feeling 'meh' about the clothes I have.  I need a cute new shirt or something.  I have a $5 reward at Kohl's that expires at the end of the month.   Watch, I end up buying another piece of athleisure (but srsly, I love their Gaiam line). ;) 
  • I've only used the "pregnant/not pregnant" ones for that exact reason @MissKittyDanger. Don't play with me. I need to know. Although for the opposite reason you are hoping for. lol. 

I went to yoga last night after work. I was originally going to do a regular work out, but this was my day yesterday. 

Patient: *yelling across the room* Nurse!.........nurse!.........nurse!!!!!!.......nurse!!!!

Me: *walks over* yes?

Patient: fuck you

I wasn't upset or anything, but the constant yelling was really distracting for everyone in the unit.  I felt bad for the other patients. After six hours of that, yoga was a good decision.

Today is gym, spending time with fur babies, and maybe getting ready for fall decoration. Idgaf if it's going to be 109 all next week, I want to enjoy fall decor for as long as possible. 

• levioosa said:
    I've only used the "pregnant/not pregnant" ones for that exact reason @MissKittyDanger. Don't play with me. I need to know. Although for the opposite reason you are hoping for. lol. 

I went to yoga last night after work. I was originally going to do a regular work out, but this was my day yesterday. 

Patient: *yelling across the room* Nurse!.........nurse!.........nurse!!!!!!.......nurse!!!!

Me: *walks over* yes?

Patient: fuck you

I wasn't upset or anything, but the constant yelling was really distracting for everyone in the unit.  I felt bad for the other patients. After six hours of that, yoga was a good decision.

Today is gym, spending time with fur babies, and maybe getting ready for fall decoration. Idgaf if it's going to be 109 all next week, I want to enjoy fall decor for as long as possible. 

I love you.

• MKD - Get a digital!  I also think that you might have peed too much or in the wrong spot for the line to show up differently like that.  I used Clearblue Digital, they make it easy!  Though it can be fun to play - do you see a line?

Last night was fun.  Went to dinner with some friends and then went home.  My parents were staying over with us, so they were already there.  With my niece being there too, it was a full house!  I got the majority of the dishes done and the dishwasher unloaded.  We are heading to the seashore this weekend, so I should only have some glasses to wash before we go (which my mom will probably do before they leave anyway!).  My parents are going back down the shore today too and they will take Olive with them, to free up some space for the baby and my niece in the backseat.  But all 3 will need to squish in on the ride home Sunday night!

Saturday I have my friend's family reunion.  Its a crab fest!  They buy about 6 bushels of crabs.  I help the neighbor make her garlic crabs - they are so delicious!  I become everyone's best friend when its time to bring over the first finished batch!  I will probably have more than 2 beers that day - so watch out world!  LOL!  We will stay over my friend's parents place that night.  It's also supposed to be a gorgeous weekend too!

Not sure what we will do on Sunday.  My mom said she is going to make Spaghetti & Crabs, which I haven't had in some years.  So I am going to be crabbed out this weekend! 

I've got a bunch of work to do today, so I may not be back.  I may do some lurking if I need to give my eyes a break from my crazy spreadsheets!

Happy Weekend WWers!

• @OliveOilsMom I tried to alter the image settings to see if maybe there was a line.

Digital test tomorrow!

I can post tomorrow {if my phone let's me} but @CharmedPam you could see on Monday ;)
  • @levioosa  needing to know is always important. Inconclusive results is driving me crazy - trying or not, it'd drive me nuts.
  • Ugh.  Another day to wait for test results @MissKittyDanger

Today is Teacher Day at Staples, so I get 15% off and my free (cheesy) teacher gift.  I usually just pick up a plan book so I can get my free gift.  And I'll likely do a run to my school to drop off more stuff.  Other thank that, I'm going to chiro today!!!  Yay!!  I've tweaked my groin last weekend and my hip is out, likely because of my tweaked muscle and sore quads

• @holyguacamole79 hahaha .... damn clearblue! Sorry you're having a rough time though <3

@WinstonsGirl  right!?
    And yay for teacher's day! :D
  • @MissKittyDanger , thanks.  We've been at a point of acceptance for about a year now.  After months of DH injecting hormones into my ass as well as ovarian surgery, we realized that it just wasn't worth the anxiety and frustration.  We're happy being cool aunts and uncles.  I mean, it *could* still happen, but I'm not anxiously peeing on things left and right.  ha.
  • Stay safe @holyguacamole79 and anyone on the coast.

That was embarrassing.  I called my I.T. guy to get me into our payroll web portal since i was kicked out.  Normally my ie browser is for work and chrome for play.  I didn't give him a chance to tell him that ie was where I used the webportal and he jumped on the chrome browser, and of course decided to clear the history first.  Thus, seeing all my knot footprints.  every page.  Fun times.  Nothing was said, I'm sure it could have been worse. 

Completely agree. Go with the Pregnant/Not Pregnant ones. I have always found the ones with the lines to be super confusing. 
  • edited August 2017
    Stay safe, @holyguacamole79, @Jen4948, and anyone else on the coast!

Busy weekend ahead. FW and I are having breakfast with a friend tomorrow. I was planning on going to workshops on nuclear disarmament, but I may ditch that to hang out with my friend. Then the usual Saturday meeting with my sponsor, and after that going to the grand re-opening of the gallery we're looking at for the wedding ceremony.

Sunday, we're going to visit my Oma and maybe my Grandma and my parents. Sunday night is going to be laundry. Fun times.

ETA: Your trip sounds like a lot of fun, @pegasuskat! Enjoy!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Had my first chemo today.  Back in the chair after 9 years.  Not bad.  I'm dizzy and disoriented.  If that is the worst the happens, OK.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone in the path of Hurricane Harvey.  (I still think of "Harvey" as a big white rabbit!)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Had my first chemo today.  Back in the chair after 9 years.  Not bad.  I'm dizzy and disoriented.  If that is the worst the happens, OK.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone in the path of Hurricane Harvey.  (I still think of "Harvey" as a big white rabbit!)
    Thinking of you!! Make sure you get plenty of rest and treat yourself - you deserve it!
  • Stay safe, @holyguacamole79, @Jen4948, and anyone else on the coast!

Busy weekend ahead. FW and I are having breakfast with a friend tomorrow. I was planning on going to workshops on nuclear disarmament, but I may ditch that to hang out with my friend. Then the usual Saturday meeting with my sponsor, and after that going to the grand re-opening of the gallery we're looking at for the wedding ceremony.

Sunday, we're going to visit my Oma and maybe my Grandma and my parents. Sunday night is going to be laundry. Fun times.

ETA: Your trip sounds like a lot of fun, @pegasuskat! Enjoy!
    Thanks @OurWildKingdom ! Be well.
  • edited August 2017
    @pegasuskat I didn't know you were a Mitten Girl!  Have a great time!

Good luck Texas Knotties, this morning they're saying it's expected to stay around Corpus Christi, how close are you all to there?  

I worked like a maniac the last two days so I've been MIA. Getting ready to head up north now (that's what Northerners say when we travel even further up north). ETA I'm so ready for wine, a book and a quiet lake. 

@misskittydanger new stick, new results?  
  • TK keeps eating my post. For anyone who prays, please add my brother to your list. We're still not speaking, but his best friend passed this week for an OD and I'm not confident in his ability to stay (?) sober and feel his way through it. 

Typed in case my last sentence is eaten again. 
  • Thinking of all you Texas knotties and hope you're all safe.

Sending good vibes for your brother as well, @kimmiinthemitten