Nevada-Las Vegas

Ideas on what to do after reception at maggianos

Hi I have our wedding booked at the chapel of flowers at 3pm, a two hour bus trip along strip followed by reception meal and four hour drinks package at maggianos. I am wondering if anybody has any advice on where people that want to can party into the night? 

Re: Ideas on what to do after reception at maggianos

• We had our reception at Maggiano's and we went to Gilley's bar in treasure island next door. Just because it was close and a relative had been before. There's live music drinks and a bucking bull - a few of the wedding guests had a go on that!
  • Great thanks, were you happy with maggianos for your wedding reception then? 
    May I ask if you had a dj or did you just use their iPod doc? Any other tips would be great. 
  • MeridianLVMeridianLV member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2017

If you're not really looking for the management of getting people going (dancing, announcements, etc.) or having events coordinated, then a DJ isn't needed.  If you do have several events during your reception and want things to be announced and coordinated, then a DJ helps with that.  Or, if you know someone who is experienced at that kind of MC/coordinator role and they are willing to help, that's all good.

It's all about the kind and amount of structure you plan to have during the reception.

I've lived in Vegas for a long time, and I don't think I've ever gone to a bar just to have a late night out, but there are probably 50+ venues on the Strip alone that have late music and so on, places modern like Hakkasan and vintage places like just walking and hanging around the Fremont Street area (which has many bars and other late night activities).  You can look for live music/etc. events scheduled on your wedding day if that's important.

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We danced the night away at Times Square Bar at NY-NY. It's one of my favorite places in Vegas. 
  • Great thanks, were you happy with maggianos for your wedding reception then? 
    May I ask if you had a dj or did you just use their iPod doc? Any other tips would be great. 
    Maggiano's was perfect for us (there was just 16 of us) however the iPod dock was too quiet. Great during the meal but we wanted it louder after we'd eaten and things ramped up a bit xx
  • Is anything good going on on Thurs nights at NYNY?
  • Oh really? The doc wasn't loud enough?! That's not so good, not sure what I will do now?
  • Is anything good going on on Thurs nights at NYNY?
    Dueling pianos at Times Square Bar is good ANY night of the week. Hands down, my absolute favorite spot in Vegas.
  • Yeah that was probably the only negative I would say out of the whole experience at Maggiano's. We had an elvis impersonator come and we were all dancing around and when he left the iPod dock sounded so quiet compared! When I tried to get a quote for a dj for a couple of hours it was verrrry expensive. Do you have any portable speakers of your own you could take?i think ours at home is louder than the Maggiano's one xx
  • Ooh what elvis impersonator did you use? I thinking to book one myself, not really my thing but I think the guests will love it 
  • Ooh what elvis impersonator did you use? I thinking to book one myself, not really my thing but I think the guests will love it 
    We used reverend Roland. He was brilliant. Sang loads and loads of songs and stayed longer than we paid for.  He was really great. Here's a couple of pics