Chit Chat

The robes in action

We were staying at a hotel in Cleveland this weekend where the rooms open up overlooking a beautiful arcade where they have wedding receptions. At 10am I saw two bridesmaids in little silky robes trying to wheel a large cart full of bridal party flowers (there were 11 bridal attendants) to the room. They were fighting to keep the robes closed and the cart straight. 

My daughter and I went and helped them get the flowers to the room. They told us the bride insisted they get the flowers in their robes so they could take pictures doing it. Surprise there a two strangers in a few of them!

Re: The robes in action

• missfrodo said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Why are there no shots of the GM's in robes doing work?
    Hmm yes someone with hot (willing!) groomsmen should definitely flip the script and stage some goofy getting ready photos in short silky robes...
    It's amazing how the bridal industry has managed to convince not only the brides, but ALL THEIR FRIENDS, that this is acceptable, even mandatory, behavior during one's wedding.  Could you imagine if a groom tried this?  
    "Hey fellas, I bought us all matching silk boxers with 'groomsman' printed on the butt for us to wear for pictures while we get ready!"  Their friends would laugh out loud in their face.  Thank God most men don't read too deeply into wedding mags/Pinterest!  On the other hand, I could see this as a new scene in a "Magic Mike" movie...
    That would be hilarious! That said, I do know a few gay guys who might pull a stunt like that if they weren't already married.
  • At least they weren't going commando ...........
  • This is an actual picture from my wedding...  

Yaaassss boys! Werk  :D

Is your dress the Pronovias Urdiel??
  • eileenrob said:
    This is an actual picture from my wedding...  

Yaaassss boys! Werk  :D

Is your dress the Pronovias Urdiel??
    There was also topless male dancing.. I'll see if I can find a picture of that, too. 

It's an Allure. 

I don't dare Google that at work, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

The phrase commando? It means to go without underwear. I've had friends who go commando all the time. I don't know why. Like, wearing jeans commando has to be so uncomfortable. I'll take my underwear, thanks.

• levioosa said:
    At least they weren't going commando ...........

The phrase commando? It means to go without underwear. I've had friends who go commando all the time. I don't know why. Like, wearing jeans commando has to be so uncomfortable. I'll take my underwear, thanks.
    OMG one of my coworkers one day was like "oh man, I was going to go to the gym after work but I forgot underwear!" I must have looked confused, because then she explained she doesn't always wear underwear with her work pants, because she "didn't want the lines." She was wearing super tight pants with a zipper that day and all I could think was how uncomfortable she must have been.
  • levioosa said:

OMG one of my coworkers one day was like "oh man, I was going to go to the gym after work but I forgot underwear!" I must have looked confused, because then she explained she doesn't always wear underwear with her work pants, because she "didn't want the lines." She was wearing super tight pants with a zipper that day and all I could think was how uncomfortable she must have been.
    I mean....wear a thong? They have those no seam thongs too. I have some for when I wear dresses/white pants. 

• levioosa said:

Haha, I do know what commando means.  I meant I dare not Google for pics of groomsmen going commando.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is an actual picture from my wedding...  

My husband toyed with the option of dancing to "Sexy and I know it" with tear-away pants.
    I reminded him he was not in the 90's :P 
  • levioosa said:

At Disneyland last month my SIL asked if I had a tampon - I said no I didn't because I have an IUD and don't have a period. Then I was like oh wait I do have a small pantyliner if you want that. She goes "I'm not wearing underwear". It was 100 degrees and she had jeans on. I just kept thinking oh my that has to be a sweaty, scratchy mess.
  • kvruns said:
    levioosa said:

At Disneyland last month my SIL asked if I had a tampon - I said no I didn't because I have an IUD and don't have a period. Then I was like oh wait I do have a small pantyliner if you want that. She goes "I'm not wearing underwear". It was 100 degrees and she had jeans on. I just kept thinking oh my that has to be a sweaty, scratchy mess.
    I never dared go without a pantiliner with a tampon. Sometimes it would leak. Woman is brave!

• The phrase commando? It means to go without underwear. I've had friends who go commando all the time. I don't know why. Like, wearing jeans commando has to be so uncomfortable. I'll take my underwear, thanks.
    I never dared go without a pantiliner with a tampon. Sometimes it would leak. Woman is brave!
    Exactly. Even though I dont have a period anymore I still have the pantyliner just in case
  • one of my friend goes commando almost daily (I guess almost...I don't ASK every day....)  I don't know how she does it either! I thought maybe I was the weird one by wearing panties?

• kvruns said:
    levioosa said:

I use diva cup. Seriously life changing! I use to leak with the tampon string, and occasionally had a headache while on period. When I switched to diva cup, the leakage and headache disappeared! {I'm guessing headache was associated to being sensitive to tampon ingredients}
  • kvruns said:
    levioosa said:

I use diva cup. Seriously life changing! I use to leak with the tampon string, and occasionally had a headache while on period. When I switched to diva cup, the leakage and headache disappeared! {I'm guessing headache was associated to being sensitive to tampon ingredients}
    Yes! That's what I use too! It's so amazing, and I've converted three people! I never have leaks with the cup, and I never knew how long I could go with tampons before it would leak because it varied. 
  • I'm on Diva Cup too, but I usually leak a little at least once a period.  Not a lot, just more like spotting, but I don't even have a heavy flow.  And it took forever and a day to figure out how to put it in best for me.  Now I'm good though, and like it pretty well

• I want to try the diva cup.  I tried the soft cup and it was a mess. 

I need undies!   Without them I could have had a nightmare in Disney last month.  Ugh. 
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2017
    Fwiw, I have to get a new one after having my daughter, and I'm not getting a diva cup. I'm going to get the lunette. A friend recommended it. I like that the "stem" on the lunette is flat rather than round and hollow like the diva cup. Much easier to clean, I imagine. I think the colors on the lunette will keep it from changing colors too. The diva cup is only in clear.