Wedding Woes

Ugh

I'm WFH today ....which is yay!

But it's pouring out, has been since I woke up, and doesn't seem to let up for another couple hours and the dog needs to go out.  It'd be one thing if she went out and handled her business quickly.  But she never does, she will stay outside and play in the rain and since I don't have a fenced in yard, I can't just let her out.

Per yesterday's convo, how does that app differ from SnapChat?

On the exciting side for work I got permission to advertise on TK.  It reminds me a lot of the Yellow Pages back in the day.  It's the most expensive listing we will have, but it's a necessary evil.  We had 72 unique views in the last 6 months and 2 leads.  One of our competitors said 60% of their leads come from here.  On the flip side, it will be fun to build up our storefront and reach out to previous clients for reviews!

Re: Ugh

• Yay for advertising on the knot!!  I don't know how to work SnapChat.  

My 'ugh' is that I didn't get Christmas week off next year for the first time in for-ev-er.  :(  I'm a little salty about it, but it is what it is.  I am going to try and take Thurs/Fri off before Christmas, so I can have a few days around the holidays regardless.   I took a week off for Spring Break instead.  We probably won't go anywhere, but at least I can sleep in and do stuff with the kids.  And DefConn's bday is in the middle of that week. 

It's overcast here and a little on the chilly side.  It's supposed to rain later. 

We have DefConn's conference tonight.  Also, I keep making plans in my head to do stuff for vacation and it's not happening after work.  But I love to pretend I'll get my shit together.  ;) 
  • I finally got to can my tomato sauce last night.  Except this morning I discovered 1 jar didn't seal - ugh!  So I tried it again this morning.  Hopefully this one takes.

My friend is suffering emotionally pp and I just wish I could be there to help her more.  But with me being sick, I can't go visit right now.  I'm hoping to be better this weekend.   I just want to go over there and cook her food, clean her dishes and hold the baby while she can give herself a timeout or nap.

Tonight is yoga, which I am currently feeling well enough to do.  Its supposed to rain today and my period started.

Ughs all around.

• @kimmiinthemitten, our dog Izzy is spoiled.  Our house is raised about 3' off the ground and is open underneath.  When it rains, she just does her business under it and not even a drop of rain will hit her.  She's very prissy about rain and doesn't like it.  Our backyard/house is fully fenced in.  That spoils me and my H, lol.  We can just let her loose out there and she'll bark at the side door when she is ready to come back in.

@mrsconn23, sorry about not getting Christmas week off.  Ooohhh, I am looking at a calendar.  Xmas and New Years Day fall nice this year.  On Mondays.  So I'm also off work the whole weekends before, with the Eves.

Unlike some of the rest of you.  It is another day of no rain, brutal sun, stupid hot.

Not much going on over here.  My new mattress is supposed to be coming in today.  But we can't "open" it, until my bedding comes in.  Unfortunately, that was not a "Prime" purchase.  It had free shipping, but isn't coming until the 17th-24th.  In fact, it hasn't even shipped yet, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missJeanLouise, yay new kitty!  I like her multi-coloring.

TK is extra obnoxious today.  TK, how many times must I log in before you believe me?

Seriously though, especially with my mystery shopping, there are a LOT of websites I go to that require a login.  TK is the ONLY one...in my entire history of interwebbing...that has a constant login problem.  So, apparently it's not that hard.  I don't know what their problem is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23, sorry about not getting Christmas week off.  Ooohhh, I am looking at a calendar.  Xmas and New Years Day fall nice this year.  On Mondays.  So I'm also off work the whole weekends before, with the Eves.

I know.  I have it off this year and I get 9 days off for only 4 days of vacation (We get holiday pay for Christmas eve and day and NYD).   Working around the holidays isn't that terrible, especially from home.  It's usually pretty quiet since most of management is off.  I've just been supremely spoiled the last 4-5 years because I have always gotten the week off as my 1st choice. 
  • No Christmas week vacay sucks!  Our offices shut down fully over the holiday break, with the understanding that if something goes seriously sideways in our plants we need to have people available.

My ugh... I ordered early response pregnancy tests before my last months test dates, and they're STILL not here.  I've got 50 cheap tests so I'm testing daily right now (cause I'm a crazy person), but I just want to know already, not 3 days from now.

• @kimmiinthemittten, Milo, our dog goes OUT in the rain but he hates it and comes right back in after he's done.  If it's lightening or thundering?  forget it.  He'll go inside tyvm.  yay for TK advertising!  I found my photographers/D.J. through the vendors portion (is that what you mean or do you actually have a banner up?).  I found the venue through the local boards on tk (and thank god I did) and the rest was all google searches.
    @mrsconn23, that sucks about next year.  Do you have to put in vacation a year ahead like my H's company does too?  We're hoping he gets Christmas week off next year too. and even if he does - it doesn't mean I do either.  There's only 3 in our department and it's always been seniority around here. I have 5 years, they have 11 or 10.
    @oliveoilsmom, I have been wanting to make homemade tomato sauce/marinara for the longest time. It's like the ONLY reason I'd have a garden. For tomatoes. 
    @Missjeanlouise, congrats! She is beautiful! name?
    @short+sassy, holy crap that's a long time to wait for sheets! Hopefully you'll get it sooner rather than later.  Many times they give me a window but it's just to be safe and it's usually right a the first day of the window or even sooner.

So tonight we have a work dinner. Not sure how many people are going to be there. and then tomorrow is a sales meeting.  We're down an admin who would order breakfast/lunch.  Our boss put on his scheudle that breakfast was at 8.  Meetings start at 8:30.  People from our department are doing administration stuff till we get a new one. 

My coworker goes "can you be here early tomorrow?"
    sure. I was kinda going to be here 1/2 hour early anyway.  I usually try to come in early on meeting days.
    "like at 7? breakfast is coming here between 7 and 7:30"
    "oh.  I thought breakfast starts at 8?"
    "meetings start at 8."

I look at the email.  Nope.  She's wrong.  Breakfast is at 8.  Meetings at 8:30.  Why are we having this delivered at 7 to sit for an hour?  And why did you volunteer ME to come in and not you (who brags about getting up at 4 every day anyway!)  I normally don't get up till 7.

So dinner will run long tonight.  And then I'm getting up 1 hour early tomorrow to be here for breakfast that is getting here way to early IMO?  Why don't YOU get here early since YOU ordered it early?

• My "ugh" today: my boss is a cotton headed ninny muggins. She's literally the worst communicator I've ever worked with (boss or otherwise), she doesn't do any actual work (reads the news and attends meetings), she makes everything personal, she's super awkward (when I told her I was pregnant she got red, stumbled and said "that must be difficult for you personally and professionally" ummm why?), and she says one thing one day and something else the next. It's borderline intolerable. I have a touchbase with her this afternoon. I'm literally whiny, pouty, "don't wanna" about it. And not to punt responsibility, but it's all making me super unmotivated and blah at work.

On the plus side, it's hump day and I'm that much closer to the weekend. 
    *********************************************************************************

• The more I read the news the more I hope that there's some double secret plant to take the Orange Cheeto out of office.  The international news makes me fear for my safety and I really wish we had a person in office who didn't talk like an 8th grade bully. 

I'm frustrated at work.  We've had 3 major quality issues with a customer and today we shipped the same customer items that they didn't order.  None of this is my actual fault but fixing it falls in my lap and I hate having to be the error of bad news and communicating that we screwed up....again. 

• Ugh. We woke up this morning to water leaking in from the windows in the dining room from the rain storms from last night / this morning. 

Now ive been calling our home warranty, home insurance, etc and I just don't wanna. Adulting sucks. Also, I need baby to sleep for more than 45min so I can get all this shit done. Crying baby does not help phone calls. Ugh. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Rosie is asleep now, after going for a walk in the back yard (she wanted to eat the rain), doing 20 minutes of training practice, attempting to destroy my rug, torturing the cats and trying to eat my laptop.  Oh puppy, you're lucky you're so cute.

@missJeanLouise I love her!  She seems so sweet.  I am planning on decluttering the house and then having a cleaning person come in to take care of the rest before my sister visits.  Your feeling about your floors is my feelings about all things that need to be cleaned in my house.

@charmedpam that is super annoying.  I don't blame you.

@southernbelle0915 I don't think you're punting responsibility.  A good boss can make you or break you, hence why I left a company I loved after 10 years.  I can't tell you the relief I have in knowing when my phone rings it will never be him again.  He slowly killed my morale; and I tried to change me to avoid it, but the longer it continued, the harder it was.
  • My ugh is I'm at school today. And work called me to work with $500 extra crisis pay but I couldn't take it. 

Went to a nice dinner last night with a friend. It was delicious. And the cosmo martini I had was perfection. It's spoiled me for all other cosmos. I can tell my period is going to start soon because all I want to do is eat. Otherwise SSDD

• @mrsconn23, that sucks about next year.  Do you have to put in vacation a year ahead like my H's company does too?  We're hoping he gets Christmas week off next year too. and even if he does - it doesn't mean I do either.  There's only 3 in our department and it's always been seniority around here. I have 5 years, they have 11 or 10.

Yeah, we schedule our vacation for next year now.  Not ALL vacation is confirmed and we can cancel what we schedule now. This is just the 'priority' time frame before PTO is opened up as a free for all at the end of the year for the following year.  My company is very generous with time off (I have 2 scheduled weeks of vacation between now and the end of the year, and I still have 2.5 hours of unscheduled vacation, plus over 20 sick hours left...but I can roll the sick time).  I've been here almost 17 years, and I'm 4th in seniority on my team of 10 or 11 people.  

We schedule 3 weeks, our bday off, and then 'super 7', which is 7 individual dates (super 7 is not guaranteed and you are defaulted to the wait list if it's not available).  Most of my super 7 was shoring up time off at the end of next December to have an extended holiday break.  ;) 

But on the bright side, the last few years I have not taken a week off until the summer and those first 6-7 months of the year get long without having a chunk of time off.  Next year, I have my time off much more spread out.  And regardless of super 7, I'll still have a 4 day weekend for Christmas. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten The main difference would be that it doesn't disappear, it's like a running text chain, only video.  Also, I think the limit for the video is something like 30 minute [I accidentally didn't turn mine off to K one time and it ran for that long before cutting off].

My ugh is a client meeting I have today that I'm just not looking forward to.  The client has unreasonable expectations, despite all of my attempts to mitigate them.  Andplusalso the first paralegal screwed a bunch of things up, so I've been putting out fires since the beginning.  It's going to be a long meeting.
  • @kimmiinthemitten , I agree with @VarunaTT .... I have the whole discussion video thread with my family (which is comical to go back and look at).  Like, last night my sister sent us all a video of my 2 year old nephew blowing raspberries at the camera for about a minute.  I was pissed off grading quizzes, so watching that made me laugh.  I'll probably go back to that video several times when I need a laugh.

Today I'm proctoring the PSAT.  Yayyyyyy.
  • mrsconn23 said:

@mrsconn23, that sucks about next year.  Do you have to put in vacation a year ahead like my H's company does too?  We're hoping he gets Christmas week off next year too. and even if he does - it doesn't mean I do either.  There's only 3 in our department and it's always been seniority around here. I have 5 years, they have 11 or 10.

Yeah, we schedule our vacation for next year now.  Not ALL vacation is confirmed and we can cancel what we schedule now. This is just the 'priority' time frame before PTO is opened up as a free for all at the end of the year for the following year.  My company is very generous with time off (I have 2 scheduled weeks of vacation between now and the end of the year, and I still have 2.5 hours of unscheduled vacation, plus over 20 sick hours left...but I can roll the sick time).  I've been here almost 17 years, and I'm 4th in seniority on my team of 10 or 11 people.  

We schedule 3 weeks, our bday off, and then 'super 7', which is 7 individual dates (super 7 is not guaranteed and you are defaulted to the wait list if it's not available).  Most of my super 7 was shoring up time off at the end of next December to have an extended holiday break.  ;) 

But on the bright side, the last few years I have not taken a week off until the summer and those first 6-7 months of the year get long without having a chunk of time off.  Next year, I have my time off much more spread out.  And regardless of super 7, I'll still have a 4 day weekend for Christmas. 
    Sounds SUPER generous! I bet Thanksgiving & Christmas are hard to get.  My H has from now till Nov 30th to put in his 2018 days.  He gets to see if it's approved by the first week of January (Sometimes the last week of Dec).  You guessed it.  Christmas is bloody hard to get off.  Everyone wants it off!

I agree that not taking a vacation day for the first 6-7 months is torture! I get cabin fever.  We usually do a warm weather trip in Jan or February after the Holidays are over.  I NEED it.  When I was a temp, I couldn't take paid vacation for 13 months, and since I couldn't afford a unpaid vaca, I took none.  It was the worst 13 months of my life. I travel. I travel hard.

• @CharmedPam - Are you going to be there to accept the breakfast delivery or did you tell co-worker no?  Either way, call the company who is delivering breakfast and tell them the time was wrong.  You want an 8 AM delivery instead.  That should be doable for them and maybe happiness since that may not make them have to get up and open as early - depending on what you get!

@Lyndausvi - I love seeing your pics!  Makes me want to go back to Colorado! 

• Max is the best, @6fsn ;) 

• @kimmiinthemitten , I agree with @VarunaTT .... I have the whole discussion video thread with my family (which is comical to go back and look at).  Like, last night my sister sent us all a video of my 2 year old nephew blowing raspberries at the camera for about a minute.  I was pissed off grading quizzes, so watching that made me laugh.  I'll probably go back to that video several times when I need a laugh.

Hubs is doing that today too.  I forgot and emailed him this morning, he just responded and I said:  I forgot you're fake working today.

Hubs is doing that today too.  I forgot and emailed him this morning, he just responded and I said:  I forgot you're fake working today.
    The kiddo's taking the PSAT today. :D  

• mrsconn23 said:
    @kimmiinthemitten , I agree with @VarunaTT .... I have the whole discussion video thread with my family (which is comical to go back and look at).  Like, last night my sister sent us all a video of my 2 year old nephew blowing raspberries at the camera for about a minute.  I was pissed off grading quizzes, so watching that made me laugh.  I'll probably go back to that video several times when I need a laugh.

The kiddo's taking the PSAT today. :D  

Poor guy.  I've been trying to find a gif of a teacher walking up and down the rows of desk with a ruler because that's pretty much what I assume he's been doing all day LOL.
  • My ugh is that it is almost my bedtime and NO Prudie!!? 
  • My ugh is that it is almost my bedtime and NO Prudie!!? 
    Today is Wednesday :) 
  • Another 'ugh'...I have a very shitty e-mail from someone who didn't use us for a booking (and has never used us) and is railing at us for a bad stay at place we're affiliated with, but do not own.   He thinks it 'shouldn't matter' whether or not he used my company. 

And if I can't help him, he wants my supervisor. Like what? 
  • 6fsn said:
    boo @mrsconn23

My ugh- since our old car is titled in both names we BOTH have to go to the title agency to get a replacement.  Now I'm wondering if we BOTH have to sign off with a notary.

Funny (But embarrassing)- My 4 yo said to another 4 yo "Be careful or the bee will sting your penis." 

On a somewhat related subject, this reminds me of a big pet peeve I have about Louisiana.  In this state, if a couple is married, ANY loan requires both parties to be there for the signing...even if the loan is ONLY in one person's name.  The other spouse has to sign a document, in person, that they are aware Mr./Ms. ABC is getting XYZ loan.

I personally find that really stupid, aggravating, and a bit suspicious that it comes from a place of patriarchy.

For example, I got a HELOC on my house after I was married.  I bought that house before I was married.  My H is not on the title or the mortgage.  It is not a marital asset.  The HELOC is also in my name only and my H has nothing to do with it.  But he had to be at the closing for the HELOC...personally had to be there with his ID checked and everything by the notary...to sign off that he knew his little wifey was taking out a loan.

I mean, of course, that decision was something I had discussed with him ahead of time.  But that is MY business to tell my spouse about a loan I'm getting, especially in regards to MMMYYYYY asset.  Not the state's business.  Not the bank's business.  Quite frankly, I found it offensive and it really PO'ed me. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On a somewhat related subject, this reminds me of a big pet peeve I have about Louisiana.  In this state, if a couple is married, ANY loan requires both parties to be there for the signing...even if the loan is ONLY in one person's name.  The other spouse has to sign a document, in person, that they are aware Mr./Ms. ABC is getting XYZ loan.

I personally find that really stupid, aggravating, and a bit suspicious that it comes from a place of patriarchy.

For example, I got a HELOC on my house after I was married.  I bought that house before I was married.  My H is not on the title or the mortgage.  It is not a marital asset.  The HELOC is also in my name only and my H has nothing to do with it.  But he had to be at the closing for the HELOC...personally had to be there with his ID checked and everything by the notary...to sign off that he knew his little wifey was taking out a loan.

I mean, of course, that decision was something I had discussed with him ahead of time.  But that is MY business to tell my spouse about a loan I'm getting, especially in regards to MMMYYYYY asset.  Not the state's business.  Not the bank's business.  Quite frankly, I found it offensive and it really PO'ed me. 

100% on your side with this.  I see where you are coming from.  I'm so glad IL isn't like that.  I bought my house before i was married, and even before meeting him (actually right about the same time)! I have paid every single penny into this house, he has not contributed anything to it, nor have I helped him with his living expenses (remember, we're weird and live apart) 

When H took out the loan for our new condo, I didn't want to be put on it since I had my own house.  This is his.  I mean technically, both our places are "ours" but I have the house, he has the condo.  When we met with the loan officer and told him I'm staying off the loan, he had no problems with it.