Registry and Gift Forum

best coffee maker to register for

Hello!

My fiancé and I (well... mostly me...) are big coffee drinkers. Right now I'm rocking a Mr. Coffee 12-cup brewing machine. I don't dislike it, but it's very generic--Has an on and off switch and that's all. Plus, I've had it quite some time now. I'd like to register for a nice, but still practical and easy to use coffee maker that could replace this one in our new home. Any suggestions? Not sure if this helps, but:

-I do not want a Keurig or any other single-cup brewing system... I like making a whole pot!
-Not too fancy that guests couldn't figure out how to use it
-Easy to clean
-Affordable

If it can steam milk, make espresso, great... if not, a regular coffee maker will do!
Oh and we're registering at Amazon and Target.

Thanks!

Re: best coffee maker to register for

• I would search on Amazon. Filter by 4 star reviews and sort by popularity or whatever. That’s how Inpicked most of the stuff on my registry 
  • I've heard great things about Breville. 
  • I'm 10 years out of date but we really like our Cuisinart Grind n Brew and it's still going strong over  decade later.   I have seen others that have the ability to store beans in the coffee maker and I personally like that my coffee is ground right before I'm going to consume it.  

FWIW, while I can enjoy  espresso related drinks, it wasn't important enough to us to find a coffee maker with a milk frother.   Counter space is at a premium.   I want something that isn't going to occupy more real estate than necessary.
  • We have the Zorijusti Fresh Brew (we registered for it at Target) because it has a thermal carafe and is programmable, which were really important to me. I also have a separate espresso machine that does single and doubles with a frother. I couldn't find one that combined the two that got good ratings and was reasonably priced. We only bring the espresso maker out when we need it, since we don't use it every day.  
  • We have a Kenmore with a built in burr grinder and I would recommend AGAINST it.  You basically have to feed the beans into the grinder, which defeats the programming if we want fresh grounds in the morning. If you don't mind that it's a very nice machine, but that's a definite PITA.
  • We have the same as @banana468 . It has a thermal carafe and is programmable also. That carafe keeps coffee hot for a loooong time! We recently bought a second (with awards points from H's work) in case this one dies. It is well over 10 years old. We have an old style bialetti stove top espresso pot for when H makes espresso on the weekends. He doesn't do milk frothing though.
  • Awesome, thanks everyone!
  • I still have my Mr. Coffee from college and will resuscitate it if necessary. It is perfectly 'seasoned'.