Wedding Woes

Thursday

All whammies at Coach purse bingo.  :( 

I caved and turned on the heat since it was 61 in this house this morning. ;)

DH and I stayed up way too late last night.  I'm so tired. 

FIL is picking up the kids tonight and they are taking the camping trip this weekend.  More power to them since it's going to be cold AF.  I'm going to enjoy my alone time and try to get some stuff done (like toy purging).  

Re: Thursday

• @mrsconn23 good luck on the toy purge!

I've been slowly cleaning our living room. It's just been insanely busy lately that we've just not done it.
    Tonight is legit only night we have to chill and even then, it's after groceries.

Idk if this is a pregnancy thing, or just the weather is beyond fucked up but I swear it's like lately I have a hard time with body temperature. I'm rarely comfortable, it's too warm or too cold. Wtf?
    I'll blame the weather ;)

I need a shower tonight, but I think that's all I'm doing after groceries lol I'm so tired ....

Yay Prudie day!
  • I think I’m sick. I fell asleep at 8:00 last night, I have zero appetite and all I want to do is rest. H is actually home this weekend I really don’t want to be sick the entire time. I’m hoping it’s just the weather changing (it was 35 degrees when I left this morning) and I’ll adjust soon. 

Not much new here; works are crazy still, I enjoy them both but with the nonprofit it feels like we just bounce from crisis to crisis (or deadline to deadline) without any strategic thought or planning. Completely foreign to me. 

• @charlotte989875 urg this time of year everyone gets sick :( Hopefully it goes away soon/quick!
  • @mrsconn23, yes the heat went on Sunday too! I didn't want it too.  Good bye electricity bill - hello gas bill!

I had such a busy week at work and I had trouble early this week logging into TK (as I read most people did) grrrrr! I'm ready for vacation.  I have been looking for a nice Italian restaurant in Boston like it's the most important decision of my life!  I had Grotto reserved first but moved it to to "Nico".  If anyone knows of anything better let me know!

Tonight I have dinner with some friends, and then home to clean up a bit and do laundry if I can.  I've been so sick and tired and busy since Monday that I haven't got anything done. I actually have to cook tomorrow's dinner tonight so it's a simple re-heat and go.

• Btw, I didn't forget - TK mobile was being temper mental yesterday so I didn't upload ultrasound. I think it's fixed, so I'll post later today :) 
  • @mrsconn23, doh!  Darn you Coach purse bingo!

@Charlotte989875, I remember you weren't feeling well yesterday either.  Ugh.  I hope things improve today for you.

@MissKittyDanger, I hope you start feeling better too!  I know it is pregnancy related, but it still sucks to feel bad.

@CharmedPam, from what I've heard, you can't go wrong with any Italian restaurant in North End.  That's Boston's "Little Italy".  I'm kicking myself I can't remember where we went.  It was so good!  It was also family-run and the staff was really friendly and welcoming.

This morning, my H turned on a small space heater by his desk at home.  He had it on this morning.  I put the heat on in my car for the first time since, I don't know, February?  But we haven't caved yet to heat in the house!  I'm with you, Pam.  My electricity and gas are on the same bill.  In the summer, the electricity portion is sky high.  In the winter, the gas portion shoots up.

Not much going on today.  Another productive work day.  Always nice to feel useful, lol.

I was having some of the same troubles logging into TK about 10 minutes ago.  Hmmmm.  It's Prudie day for goodness sake!  They need to stop their nonsense. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  I'm hoping end of first trimester, but after speaking with my nana it may not be until month 4 {she was sick with my aunt until month 4}
    I really can't complain too much. I'm relatively okay otherwise, and it could be so much worse, but for me this is rough

As for our gas bill, we're on equal billing. Last year it was pretty high but we got a new furnace so I think it'll end up being lower this year once they balance it out. It was higher last year since we had the old furnace.
  • @CharmedPam, from what I've heard, you can't go wrong with any Italian restaurant in North End.  That's Boston's "Little Italy".  I'm kicking myself I can't remember where we went.  It was so good!  It was also family-run and the staff was really friendly and welcoming.

yup! that's where Nico is! At first I had Grotto picked out, which is a nice walk to our "Boston Haunts" tour but then I was thinking we'd take an uber after dinner anyway because I can't do more than 2 hours of walking to begin with.   Nico had 4.7 stars which was the best rating I saw on open table. But no one had a "quiet" atmosphere listed.  Everything was "moderate".  DH and i HATE going to a place where you can't hear your dinner partner. 

My friend and I were in Salem 2 years ago and someone overheard that we'd be in Boston the following night.  They recommended a place for us to eat, but we didn't get reservations (well, we did but then we thought we were to far but then found out we weren't far at all and ended up at their sister location which had room for us).  I REALLY loved that place but can't remember the name! The service was so great there.

• Dreary day here too, but I think the rain may have stopped. 

DH volunteers tonight from 6-12 so me and the kiddo are home alone.  I'm already trying to decide what I'm in the mood to have for dinner.  We have eaten pretty healthy all week, but this weather is making me what to splurge on something fun!

Work is a bit stressful at the moment, a bit of unfortunate public drama with our boss.  It's sad, he's a lovely man and when something like this happens people very quickly forget all of the great things that he has done during his tenure (and this isn't even proven to be true yet!!)

I was trying to speak with my direct boss this morning.  Basically, If you have a question or something to discuss with her you can just walk into her office, other people will come in and out, and sit down to wait their turns.  I was in there, clearly waiting to ask a pretty quick question, an obnoxious self-absorbed coworker came in, sat down, and just started chatting about BS.  I wish I had the balls to put her in her place but I just sat and waited and waited and waited until she was done.  I'm now annoyed with myself for not saying something or just walking out to prove a point.

Another coworker has a side business doing signs.  She posted a few that she just did on social media.  She put apostrophes in them where they do not belong. . . . it's one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.  It drives me batty.  She's so sweet though, and had already delivered them that I didn't have the heart to tell her.

• It's cold here!  I'm back from my out of province trip, which included my 10k run.  I had a great run, my time wasn't what I wanted, but it was a good, strong run.  Dork hates my mom, which I find hilarious, cause I certainly can't get away with sassing her like my kid does.
  • I'm tired today and feeling out of sorts. Not sick or anything, just like I'm giving a lot of myself right now and not getting anything back. 

Soccer ends sunday and i was was looking forward to the break until spring. Winter training starts January 7!!!!!  I don't wanna!!!!!!

i have questions I'm posting separately even though it's prudie day.

• Today is my birthday, nothing big going on for it. I had the big surprise 50th party last year so this is low key. I'm going to play Questionary at the mexican restaurant like usual with my sisters. H and I may go somewhere for dinner this weekend.

We have a white life matters rally in my small town Saturday and everybody is freaking out. Our town is basically closing down. I'm in the ignore and don't go and engage them camp. They just want attention, and to yell their hate. I just hope it doesn't turn violent.
  • Happy birthday @pegasuskat
  • My office just turned the heat on!!

• happy birthday @pegasuskat!

I'm still feeling off - likely still somewhat jetlagged. i had to go see my neuro this morning for my quarterly botox appointment, so that was 60 shots in the head worth of fun. I have 2 more meetings today, and then going to try to cut out a little early (like 4-something instead of 5-something) so i can get a head start on the weekend. 

tomorrow is my friday off, and since my massage therapist had to cancel, i asked a coworker (who is also off) if he wants to get lunch and have a bitch-fest. we're going to a local brunch place that has amazing chicken and waffles, and really good mimosas, so should be a fun time. 

I have a kid related question that I'll post separately. 
  • The in-house admin just told me she quit.  Guess I'll be getting even more work.  I'm not sure I want it.
  • We're going to a wedding soon and just got the official invitation. Overlooking the faux-pas of dictating dress code, it's actually "formal." Believe it or not, I've never been to a formal wedding! Weddings in my crowd are nice but women wear cocktail dresses, not gowns. 
    I own one, count it one, floor-length dress and it's actually a bridesmaid dress from two years ago. I really like the dress and am happy I finally have an excuse to wear it again! Let me just pray it fits over my newfound birthing hips.

• We're going to a wedding soon and just got the official invitation. Overlooking the faux-pas of dictating dress code, it's actually "formal." Believe it or not, I've never been to a formal wedding! Weddings in my crowd are nice but women wear cocktail dresses, not gowns. 
    I own one, count it one, floor-length dress and it's actually a bridesmaid dress from two years ago. I really like the dress and am happy I finally have an excuse to wear it again! Let me just pray it fits over my newfound birthing hips.
    I've never been to a formal wedding either.  I've actually only been to one formal event ever, that required a floor length gown.  It was a Mardi Gras ball and that dress stopped fitting me long ago, lol.  Good luck with yours!  Sounds like a great opportunity to wear it again.  Definitely beats buying a new one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Birthdy, @pegasuskat! I knew I shouldn't have told about my daughter so early! She's spotting and is terrified she's miscarrying. She has an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers would really be appreciated.
  • Thoughts and prayers @ILoveBeachMusic
  • So sorry to hear that, @Ilovebeachmusic, thoughts and prayers for sure! 

• Happy Birthdy, @pegasuskat! I knew I shouldn't have told about my daughter so early! She's spotting and is terrified she's miscarrying. She has an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers would really be appreciated.
    <<Hugs>>  I really hope everything is going to be okay for your daughter and her babies.  Saying prayers and sending out positive thoughts for you all. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thinking of you and your family @ILoveBeachMusic

• best wishes for your daughter @ILoveBeachMusic
  • All the good thoughts to you @ILoveBeachMusic
    Interesting- I would never read formal as long gowns required. I would def wear a cocktail dress to this. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic sending you and your daughter good vibes.

@pegasuskat happy birthday!! Your birthday is my half birthday lol
  • @ILoveBeachMusic Don't be too concerned, spotting is normal to a degree. I had spotting quite often and because the uterus is moving so much to adjust that it just happens. Actually the Sunday before my ultrasound I had really bad stomach pains and stronger spotting, but it ended up being nothing.
    Vibes for your daughter though! Have her call a nurse/dr if she's super concerned also :) The nurse at my clinic helped calm my nerves.
    Interesting- I would never read formal as long gowns required. I would def wear a cocktail dress to this. 
    Oh yeah? It's definitely not specified as black tie where the gown would be "required," but cocktail attire is default/bare minimum for weddings around here. So thinking that they took pains to say formal leads me to believe they want people to step up their game.