Wedding Party
Options

NWR: This Weekend's Plans?

What are yours?
dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha

Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans?

• Options
    Seeing 4 movies from the tribeca film festival, driving to CT for an audition Saturday night, and DH gets on a plane to go "down unda" on Sunday!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Yard work.  Pulling weeds, raking grass and putting down some mulch.  Whoopee!

I'm also getting my hair did on Sunday.  Thank God!  My hair looks like crap.
  • Options
    I am excited about your audition! I hope it goes well. 

BF's brother turns 30 today, so there is a party for him tonight.  I am tossing around the idea of a bachelorette party tomorrow night, but it's OOT and I will be gone next weekend, so I'm not sure I want to be gone this weekend too. And BF is actually off work tomorrow, so I would love to spend some quality time with him.
  • Options
    lol, hair did!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    My dad and his wife are coming into town tomorrow afternoon and spending the night with us tomorrow night.  We're going for German food Saturday night - yum!!  His wife has a seminar here in Chicago on Monday and Tuesday, so they're going to the hotel Sunday.  Thank God because I have board exams next week, so this visit could not have come at a worse time.

BTW: Is it rude or disrespectful of me to call her my dad's wife instead of my step-mom?  They got married two years ago (I was 28 years old), and I only see her once every few months, if that matters.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-this-weekends-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a548f4a3-f942-4883-aab7-5d3b041b53f8Post:f105ff66-16fa-4df5-998b-ec5abb3213eb">Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dad and his wife are coming into town tomorrow afternoon and spending the night with us tomorrow night.  We're going for German food Saturday night - yum!!  His wife has a seminar here in Chicago on Monday and Tuesday, so they're going to the hotel Sunday.  Thank God because I have board exams next week, so this visit could not have come at a worse time. BTW: Is it rude or disrespectful of me to call her my dad's wife instead of my step-mom?  They got married two years ago (I was 28 years old), and I only see her once every few months, if that matters.
    Posted by lharri12[/QUOTE]

I think it is ok. My dad's mom got married after he was long out of the house.  He always called him his mother's husband.
  • Options
    Iharri--I called my dad's second wife my stepmom, but she was in the picture when I was like 8 so it fit better. The third wife after that was my dad's wife, or "that woman." We didn't like her very much, and the feeling was mutual.

This weekend DH is out of town seeing family. My aunt invited me to Animal Kingdom so I guess I'll spend the day with her since I can't be with my new husband. Bummer. I wanted to go but with the we4dding and HM we couldn't afford 2 tickets.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-this-weekends-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a548f4a3-f942-4883-aab7-5d3b041b53f8Post:b54c372c-bc88-47e1-8602-f4c68f6fd750">Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans? : I think it is ok. My dad's mom got married after he was long out of the house.  He always called him his mother's husband.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

Same thing with my dad....he was twenty when his mom got remarried, and my grandpa was his "mother's husband" for 30 years, even though they got along fine.

And as far as this weekend...I think I'm probably going to work tonight, then a mostly lazy day tomorrow until a family dinner at my mom's cousin's house.  Sunday I was supposed to be running a half-marathon, but we missed the price increase and it was just too expensive, so we're going to run at the local park instead or go rock-climbing if it's pouring (which I think it's supposed to be, another reason I'm glad we didn't pay to go run 13 miles....in the rain).  I feel like I worked a lot this week, so I'm just ready for a glass or two (or ten) of wine and some relaxing time.  :-)
  • Options
    K, thanks.  I didn't think it was a problem, just wanted to get others' perspectives.

stina - ditto the hair did thing.  geez.
  • Options
    tonight is probably errands...we need TP in the house lol...

Tomorrow, my FMIL is taking the kids to FI's cousin's first holy communion (huge shock, actually...I would expect her to take our son, but since my daughter isn't "theirs", she rarely gets included without my nagging...) FI might have to work and I will be home making sure that the kitchen and bathroom are cleared up enough for the bug guy to come spray for carpenter ants (long story, not happy with landlord ATM), then church.

Sunday, no clue...I don't think we have plans...but we'll find something to do...
  • Options
    I call my dad's wife his wife. I really like her, but I feel like step-mom implies she had some hand in raising me, and I was off at college by the time they started dating.

I don't have any major plans, although I'm going to a trivia night tomorrow. It's a fundraiser for earthquake relief, and I'm going with DH plus a coworker and her BF, so it should be fun. DH has started training again for handball, which I'm happy about for him, but it kind of puts a damper on weekend fun since they have practice twice a day on Saturdays and Sundays, morning and afternoon.
  • Options
    I will be sleeping and recovering - I had my first migraine ever and it hung in all. week.

I can think of no less than 1 million things i would have rather had my first experience with this week other than a migraine. I cannot wait to sleep and take ibuprofen all weekend and have nothing else to do. This may very well be the best weekend ever.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just basic errands...wedding stuff, cleaning house, etc. I was going to do yard work but we are supposed to have huge thunderstorms all weekend. If we don't i'll be playing outside with the pups. Anywho...they said I could leave early today so i think i'll start my weekend now. Have a good one ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am psyched about my friend's 30th bday party tomorrow night. Her BF is awesome and is throwing a bash at his house, including 2 kegs, catering by a cool taco place, and Big Wheels races in the driveway, among other games. We were supposed to go to a Trapeze class earlier in the day, but that got cancelled. This is kind of their going away party too, because we jsut found out last night that they are probably moving to NC in 2 weeks. Boo!

Sunday I was invited to a fundraising (for Alzheimers) brunch at the home of one of my bootcamp trainers, who is an incredibly hot x-nfl kick/punt returner. If FI hasn't reached his socialization limit for the weekend (he's a big introvert), we might go. I'd feel bad going without him.

Other than that, just some bike-riding.

FWIW, I call my mom's husband my step-dad because that's how my little sister refers to him. I was 19 and she was 8 when they got married, so he has actually been an influence in her life. However, she adresses him as Poppa (as does my mother), and I call him Mr. Adam. In front of his grandkids I call him Poppy. Its just less confusing for them that way.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-this-weekends-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a548f4a3-f942-4883-aab7-5d3b041b53f8Post:277079d1-ddf7-43c9-aa77-1eec91ae8d08">Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE] stina - ditto the hair did thing.  geez.
    Posted by lharri12[/QUOTE]

You know that was tongue-in-cheek, right?  I don't go around saying "getting my hair did' and mean it seriously.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-this-weekends-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a548f4a3-f942-4883-aab7-5d3b041b53f8Post:1a148e25-99e0-4366-802b-b540c590964f">Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: This Weekend's Plans? : You know that was tongue-in-cheek, right?  I don't go around saying "getting my hair did' and mean it seriously.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I say it too, and never seriously.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Actually, I thought you were serious.  Sry.  I'm a grammar nazi, and people set off my radar all the time.
  • Options
    I totally read ""got my hair did" with Queen Latifah in my head. lol I totally got you there.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Me too!  *air snap*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards