African American Weddings

Dieting

Are you trying to shed pounds for the big day? And if so...is it working for you? How are you staying motivated?

Re: Dieting

• edited December 2011

I am trying to lose 10 pound before i get married. but I 'm having a hard time staying on track. I have over a year to lose the weight , But I want to get fit now so when the time come to try on dresses .i want be starving myself.
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, not exactly.  But I have been talking to my BF about wanting to lose some weight -- he's a football player, so he works out everyday, and that still doesn't motivate me!  I teach dance twice a week, but obviously that doesn't do a whole lot!  So, the other day I was talking about it again and told him I needed some sort of encouragement - a day or event to lose it for, and told him we should just set a day so I could get motivated.  He pulled April 25, 2011 out of the air (25 is his football number), and although that's a Tuesday, we actually sat and looked at a calendar for dates around that time... We shall see, we settled on May 7,2011 - so, I'm just going to start using that day - but I need tips!! Obviously, it's hard to motivate me!

*sorry, I know that's not really what you asked, just in the realm.

"Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • edited December 2011
    In the beginning I was. But I've fallen off the wagon so many times that Ive pretty much given up trying. I have just been incorporating healthier items into my daily life.

Its hard sometimes. Fi is a chef and he loves to experiment. And of course, Im the main test dummy. lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I have been trying really hard, esp since I picked up my dress almost two weeks ago. It fits, its actually too big. But I want to tone my hereditary "my mama is from Central Ga" arms , and upper backfat. So I have been doing 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week at the gym, and lifting light weights about 2 a week, tonight I start back with my personal trainer who helped me get fine for my epics. So by the wedding, I dont have a specific number, just specific inches I want to lose. I am aiming for 6 inches in the waist and hips and 5 inches in my arms and back
  • edited December 2011
    I am trying. I've lost some but nowhere close to where I'd hoped to be at this point. I only have 39 days until the wedding and a dress fitting next week. So, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, hitting the gym 4 days a week, following weight watchers and hoping my body suddenly falls in line with my plan.
  • edited December 2011

I try to work out 4 times a week, but i've been slacking...so this week...i'm getting back into the swing of things

• edited December 2011
    StephB1185

that's my dad's bday....But yeah it's easy to put the weight on, but 3 times as hard to get it off...
  • edited December 2011
    KSTURGIS

I pretty much have cut carbs out of my diet...I want to look good in my dress...without having to use a BODYMAGIC...LOL
  • edited December 2011
    MIABRIDENTAMPA

I attend a class here called cardiofunk, and it's no joke...45 mins of straight cardio with a 20 min cool down...Good Luck! I am sure that you'll reach your goal...
  • edited December 2011
    Spim7 ...I soooo feel you....It's like you work so hard, and still your body does what it wants.lol
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also trying to loose about 20 pounds before the big day in June. I have lost a few pounds but not as much as I expected.I have been doing pretty well with eating 5 small meals a day. However, I haven't been too consistent with my workouts.

June is now 3 months away so I am going to give it my all and workout at least 4 times a day.The thing is, I ordered a size down from my original dress size(to motivate me) so I need to loose the weight to fit into my gown.My gown should be here by the end of March so at this point, I have no choice but to loose the weight:)

It ain't easy but I believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Let's stay focused ladies and keep our eyes on the prize!

• edited December 2011
    I started seeing a nutritionist. I have had issues with sweets most of my life so I figured I needed some guidance with that. Especially since I work out 5-days a week for 45 minutes or more and have put on 28 lbs in the last 2 years.
    So far, I am consuming more vegetables and diary per the plan my nutritionist put me on.
    Eitherways, I am sure we'll all look beautiful on our big day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been trying and have lost 20lbs since the first of the year. I hope to lose 100 lbs before the wedding June 2011. I am doing the atkins diet.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies,
    I am a little late on the subject, but I have lost nearly 14 pounds since the beginning of the year without any exercise what's so ever.  I follow the WW point system which is really good for me because, I have never been a diet type person.  I stop eating out so much and start planning out my meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as taking daily multi-vitamins.  Below are my measurement before I ordered my dress Dec 28th and measurements when I picked up my dress last Thursday, Feb 25th

Before    After
    Bust 39    37 3/4
    Waist 34   32 1/2
    Bottom 40  391/2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    GL to all you ladies!!!  try INSANITY or P90X workouts, they will get you right.  but they are very very hard too.  I am not trying to lose weight necessarily, but trying to tone, i've just increased the intensity of my workouts overall and figured i dont need a trainer to kick my butt at the gym, i should do it myself! so thats where i am at, i 'accidentally' lost 10 pounds in january, but nothing in feb, strange but def welcomed considering i still ate what i wanted
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck Ladies..I am sure that whatever our goals may be...even if we don't reach them...we will still be stunning on our big day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards