Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

Happy DECEMBER y'all!!!  w00t, w00t!

What's the weekend plans?   Shopping, tree, decorating, and baking are on my 'to-do' list.   It looks like it's going to be a nice weekend too.  No rain and in the 50's.  :D 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Happy last day @climbingwife

We have nothing planned this weekend and I'm super happy about it. H has some errands to run tomorrow and I'm going to try and get a long run in, but really that's it. Can't wait. 
  • This weekend is all about Christmas-ifiying the apartment before a party next weekend. And good hors d’ouvres ideas? Looking for something that’s easy to snack on, not a dip, preferably on the lighter side with no pork or shellfish. 
  • @starmoon44 My favorite app right now- a dried apricot topped with honey goat cheese and an almond.  Baked brie is easy.  They also make a brie spread so I'll do a water cracker, brie spread, thinly sliced apples, topped with a strawberry basil jam. 

• Congrats @climbingwife

I'm off today and planning to use the day to prep for Chiquita's birthday Sunday and tree stuff tomorrow.   

I HOPE that tomorrow we're getting up to go drive out to the country in the old front wheel drive sleigh to start our good old fashioned family Christmas by getting one of the best symbols - a Christmas TREE!    

@STARMOON44, what about caprese skewers?   Use small balls of mozzarella, grape/cherry tomatoes, olive oil and basil?  

Cheese and crackers are simple and easy too.   I've also done endive appetizers with blue cheese and walnuts.   Just wash endive, spread out on plate and scatter crumbled blue cheese and walnuts over.   
  • We will probably do some indoor decorating this weekend.  I will also probably start wrapping some gifts.  I love that DD is so young.  Her gift from Santa has been sitting on the table and she is none the wiser!

We may go out and buy the remaining gifts, all gift cards this weekend.  The only other gifts I need to get are some books and a Sit to Stand V Tech Walker thingy.  But all of that will come from Amazon and I'm waiting until the cc closes.

• Congrats @climbingwife. What's the new adventure?

@southernbelle0915 that sounds fun, and like you will have some great camera moments!

I have a promo event tonight I would never have signed us up for, but it was a commitment before I started. So it was someone else's idea, and I get stuck with it. Woohoo. 

Tomorrow, we're going to an extended family dinner for FILs side at a Hungarian Restaurant and then my BFF is coming over and we're going out. 

Sunday, who knows. I busted out my Paul Wellstone Political Activitism Training binder for H to look through. That will probably be a part of Sunday. 

Oh yeah and it's December. Our anniversary is in a little over two weeks. I was hell bent on following traditional gifts and now have no idea what to do for paper lol. Any suggestions?
  • banana468 said:
    Congrats @climbingwife. What's the new adventure?

@southernbelle0915 that sounds fun, and like you will have some great camera moments!

I have a promo event tonight I would never have signed us up for, but it was a commitment before I started. So it was someone else's idea, and I get stuck with it. Woohoo. 

Tomorrow, we're going to an extended family dinner for FILs side at a Hungarian Restaurant and then my BFF is coming over and we're going out. 

Sunday, who knows. I busted out my Paul Wellstone Political Activitism Training binder for H to look through. That will probably be a part of Sunday. 

Oh yeah and it's December. Our anniversary is in a little over two weeks. I was hell bent on following traditional gifts and now have no idea what to do for paper lol. Any suggestions?
    Paper can be tickets to something!   Our first anniversary was in 2008 so I got DH tickets to the last Friday night game at the old Yankee Stadium. 

Or you can do the "coupons for lovin' " ! 
    BCBC ;)
  • @STARMOON44 this is what I did for Thanksgiving; it was a big hit and it was super easy to do. 

http://simply-delicious-food.com/cranberry-brie-puff-pastry-wreath/
  • Whooo :) Christmas bonus in!

Thinking of getting a few skincare things from Sephora I've had my eye on. I know a GlamGlow is on my list .... but probably a small one since I'm not sure how it'll go. Plus I have other masks :')

Any skincare recommendations I should look at? {oily, currently acne prone, sometimes sensitive}
    {already have clinique}

Or anything people are loving I should check out!?
  • @STARMOON44 this is what I did for Thanksgiving; it was a big hit and it was super easy to do. 

http://simply-delicious-food.com/cranberry-brie-puff-pastry-wreath/
    Wow this is so impressive!

Thinking of getting a few skincare things from Sephora I've had my eye on. I know a GlamGlow is on my list .... but probably a small one since I'm not sure how it'll go. Plus I have other masks :')

Any skincare recommendations I should look at? {oily, currently acne prone, sometimes sensitive}
    {already have clinique}

I love the Philosophy line; I use the Renewed Hope in a Jar, the Purity face wash, and the Renewed Hope in a Jar night moisturizer. I have combination skin and it's nice and light on my skin. 
  • edited December 2017
    banana468 said:

:D Redeemed some of those last night. Then ate Chinese food in our PJs. 

{already have clinique}

I love the Philosophy line; I use the Renewed Hope in a Jar, the Purity face wash, and the Renewed Hope in a Jar night moisturizer. I have combination skin and it's nice and light on my skin. 
    Ooh! I think there's a gift set for Philosophy for xmas :) I've used Purity before, but wasn't sure about the rest {I'm always hesitant when it comes to moisturizer}
    But since you have combo skin, I'll check it out :) thanks!
  • banana468 said:

:D Redeemed some of those last night. Then ate Chinese food in our PJs. 
    #relationshipgoals lol
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    @climbingwife, GL on your last day! Do you start your new job on the 4th?  Also - take back those words of snow.  We'll have it soon enough and long enough!
    @starmoon44, I usually do chips, dip (I know. i know. no dip!), cheese and crackers when I set out a spread before meals. Always goes over well. But those caprese skewers look great too!

Yesterday our office participated a few hours at our local food back for our annual charity event and tonight is our office party at a steakhouse. But not stupid gibsons like we always do and they seem to have a few non steak/seafood dishes I can try.  I already know what I'm having for dessert though. Checked that out last night when I said "should I do dessert HERE or tomorrow at my office party instead?" and the steakhouse won out.

Saturday I have to sand/paint my bathroom wall from the construction (when they took off the plastic surround, the paint was attached to some of the wall!).  Then my BFF is having a birthday celebration at her house. Sunday, the historical district is doing a home show in the area where we're buying the condo and it looks SO neat! $15 to walk I think 7 historical houses.  I'm hoping H finds it as interesting as I do.....

• @climbingwife, GL on your last day! Do you start your new job on the 4th?  Also - take back those words of snow.  We'll have it soon enough and long enough!
    @starmoon44, I usually do chips, dip (I know. i know. no dip!), cheese and crackers when I set out a spread before meals. Always goes over well. But those caprese skewers look great too!

Yesterday our office participated a few hours at our local food back for our annual charity event and tonight is our office party at a steakhouse. But not stupid gibsons like we always do and they seem to have a few non steak/seafood dishes I can try.  I already know what I'm having for dessert though. Checked that out last night when I said "should I do dessert HERE or tomorrow at my office party instead?" and the steakhouse won out.

Saturday I have to sand/paint my bathroom wall from the construction (when they took off the plastic surround, the pain was attached to some of the wall!).  Then my BFF is having a birthday celebration at her house. Sunday, the historical district is doing a home show in the area where we're buying the condo and it looks SO neat! $15 to walk I think 7 historical houses.  I', hoping H finds it as interesting as I do.....
    Oh don’t get me wrong, I love a good dip, it’s just already on the menu! Along with shrimp cocktail, a ham, cheese and crackers, and pigs in a blanket. Just looking for a little variety to add to the table!
  • @climbingwife, GL on your last day! Do you start your new job on the 4th?  Also - take back those words of snow.  We'll have it soon enough and long enough!

Ok, MAYBE I can wait a few more weeks for snow :wink:

Thankfully I start my new job on the 11th, so I have all next week off! 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten, my H didn't follow those traditions! He got me jewelry (which I love and he's really good at picking out).  I got him a poster with two love birds that said P&M 1 year down, forever to go!.  I saw it on a facebook ad.  Most my purchases are from facebook ads.  They work!
    @sparklepants41, good karma is coming your way!

I'm looking forward to tonight's party.  H already dropped me off at work this morning and will be driving so he can be DD and I can enjoy a drink or two (or more.....probably more) tonight with my coworkers!

• @sparklepants41 part of me would want to do the right thing and call, but part of me would be like "fuck it, I deserve free shit"

Btw I forget what you ordered!
  • @sparklepants41 part of me would want to do the right thing and call, but part of me would be like "fuck it, I deserve free shit"

Btw I forget what you ordered!
    LOL all my friends were like "good for you! You deserve it!" I just didn't want that on my conscience. 

I ordered Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and secret concealer, Ouidad climate control heat & humidity gel, and TOCCA perfume (my FAVE!!)