Wedding Woes

@knotholly

KnotHolly or whatever knot gods there are now - can we get a moderator that is actually active on this board? this is one of your few active boards, so would be nice to have a moderator that's posted sometime in the last few days vs. the last few years. 

Re: @knotholly

• And while we are at it, maybe a bit of clarity?
  • That post is super old and really should be replaced.....BUT zika is still for real. DH and I were TTC and planned a trip to Mexico in  June. My OB asked me to come in for a special chat about the current Zika map, holding off on TTC, appropriate precautions, what the CDC recommends now if you go into a Zika zone while TTC, etc. We still ended up going on our trip but got tested when we got back to resume TTC. The media has moved on, but it's still very serious.
    Yes. The quip about plague was funny, but Zika is a huge problem we’re not really funding right now either. They’re also finding long term effects that weren’t initially obvious that can affect subsequent pregnancies, or that might not be manifested right away with the current pregnancy. I have a friend who is TTC right now who went to Belize. Before I realized she actually booked the trip I tried to tell her to maybe consider somewhere else less tropical. She’s not the most cautious of travelers so I hope she’s okay. 

• That post is super old and really should be replaced.....BUT zika is still for real. DH and I were TTC and planned a trip to Mexico in  June. My OB asked me to come in for a special chat about the current Zika map, holding off on TTC, appropriate precautions, what the CDC recommends now if you go into a Zika zone while TTC, etc. We still ended up going on our trip but got tested when we got back to resume TTC. The media has moved on, but it's still very serious.
    This is true. We weren't planning on TTC while on honeymoon in 2016, but my dr gave me shot and gave fair warning not to TTC for 3 months after the shot to be safe {thanks doc, I'll just wait a year and a bit afterwards ;)!}
  • *Barbie* said:
    Also, can we have that Zika post removed from the front page? If we're going to worry about diseases impacting DW, let's talk about the risk of plague in Madagascar. 
    http://www.who.int/csr/don/27-november-2017-plague-madagascar/en/
    ETA: Zika is soooo 2016

Yes, ALL the "Featured" posts are from October 2016, lol.

I was shocked there is anyone still alive at TK.

I'd hope for something substantially more important than closing an "off topic" post...like taking charge of finding a fix for the neverending, intermittent login problems.  But I dare not dream that big.

And one off topic post was banned and now any discussion related to it is verboten?   Yet we have Prudie Thursdays all the time.  

Someone tattled! 
  • re: Zika and pregnancy - have there ever been any definitive studies to prove that Zika was the actual cause or microcephaly or other birth defects - or is it just circumstantial that populations in Zika-prone areas were more inclined to have a higher rate of microcephaly and birth defects? I don't remember any legitimate studies that actually proved a causal relationship.

(Proving a causal relationship with regards to pregnancy is tough - because it's not like most pregnant women are willing to participate in a double blind medical study to determine if "X" will cause birth defects or fetal death. I'm in no way saying that people should do potentially harmful stuff when pregnant or TTC, but the media shitstorm was really overblown considering the sheer number of healthy babies born in Zika-prone areas.)

• banana468 said:
    *Barbie* said:
    Also, can we have that Zika post removed from the front page? If we're going to worry about diseases impacting DW, let's talk about the risk of plague in Madagascar. 

I'd hope for something substantially more important than closing an "off topic" post...like taking charge of finding a fix for the neverending, intermittent login problems.  But I dare not dream that big.

And one off topic post was banned and now any discussion related to it is verboten?   Yet we have Prudie Thursdays all the time.  

Someone tattled! 
    True fact: I was once banned for posting Prudies because someone didn't understand what it was.  Of course it was a really scandalous one...I think it involved incest or something equally as squicky.  It took me a few days to realize that none of my posts were showing up.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    *Barbie* said:

Someone tattled! 
    True fact: I was once banned for posting Prudies because someone didn't understand what it was.  Of course it was a really scandalous one...I think it involved incest or something equally as squicky.  It took me a few days to realize that none of my posts were showing up.  ;) 
    You have a lot of problems though @mrsconn23 .... doesn't everyone know that? ;) :P 

Poor @mrsconn23, lol.  She does need all the help she can get!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    *Barbie* said:

Someone tattled! 
    You have a lot of problems though @mrsconn23 .... doesn't everyone know that? ;) :P 

Poor @mrsconn23, lol.  She does need all the help she can get!
    All those times she complains there are only 4 men in the world! 
  • I'm really confused about the post that was closed. I just noticed it now. 
  • I'm really confused about the post that was closed. I just noticed it now. 
    Again, it's why I'd really love it if @KnotHolly could come back and clarify things rather than threaten the ban hammer before she took her ball and went home.
  • banana468 said:
    I'm really confused about the post that was closed. I just noticed it now. 
    Again, it's why I'd really love it if @KnotHolly could come back and clarify things rather than threaten the ban hammer before she took her ball and went home.
    The only guess I can make is that the discussion had gotten a bit "heated", with the random Knottie#'s coming in with a combative stance.  Like @banana468 said, someone tattled/complained...*cough, cough, random Knottie#'s...and, shock to us all, there was someone still floating around at TK to do something.  Albeit an odd choice to take some kind of stand on, lol.  I've seen much worse threads, back in the old days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    The only guess I can make is that the discussion had gotten a bit "heated", with the random Knottie#'s coming in with a combative stance.  Like @banana468 said, someone tattled/complained...*cough, cough, random Knottie#'s...and, shock to us all, there was someone still floating around at TK to do something.  Albeit an odd choice to take some kind of stand on, lol.  I've seen much worse threads, back in the old days.
    That's my point.   And why THAT thread?    Of all topics, it's mildly off but now I dare not speak of it for fear of the hammer.

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    That's my point.   And why THAT thread?    Of all topics, it's mildly off but now I dare not speak of it for fear of the hammer.

Did you get a warning because of it??
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Did you get a warning because of it??
    Nope.   Just checked.     
  • Ok I just now realized that Barbie isn't the one that got the thread closed. Like I thought you posted this saying a TK gods close that thread and they did. Whoops
  • @kvruns Oh no. I didn't ask for the thread to be closed. I thought it was all sorts of ridiculous by the end, which is why I went into DNFTT mode. It wasn't worth it - if I want to have a pointless argument, I have a 7yo at home. I'm guessing that knottie#s complained. in the.. 12? years that I've been posting on TK, Wedding Woes has seldom been *on* topic, and has had some fantastic drama. This wasn't even entertaining.

• I was super confused as to why it closed because it definitely wasn't that bad. 
  • There is a rule about closing a thread after a certain number of TOS violations in it, but I can't recall what the number is....and I don't think that thread would have reached the threshold anyway. 

I don't know of the reason it was closed. And I'm also confused about why TK is now forbidden from talking about body hair and its removal (or not). It wasn't any less tame than the Vegas wedding thread on Etiquette the other week....or really many, many other threads. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Man, I missed something good!
  • Man, I missed something good!
    Well it's not gone.... ;)
    *********************************************************************************

• *BUMP*

WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO GET YOUR ATTENTION?!

I'm about to start a discussion on manscaping, since that wasn't expressly prohibited.

• I had a weird dream a week or so ago about this post, lol.  In my dream, the real issue with TK had been that other websites were mentioned in some of the posts.  IRL, they aren't.  But that was my random WW dream.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker