Wedding Woes

@knotholly

2»

Re: @knotholly

• Well, considering that we can SEE that she logged on today I guess she doesn't like the old married hags. 
  • The thread that was closed had name-calling going on and had resulted in a number of reports, some legit and some frivolous and I guess that and the general escalation of the discussion is why.

I can only guess at the motivations of the knotgods and the parent company, so I will not speculate further here.
  • The thread that was closed had name-calling going on and had resulted in a number of reports, some legit and some frivolous and I guess that and the general escalation of the discussion is why.

I can only guess at the motivations of the knotgods and the parent company, so I will not speculate further here.
    Sure - but the statement that any further discussions on the topic now mean that it's verboten?   How about answering some questions? 
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2017
    banana468 said:
    The thread that was closed had name-calling going on and had resulted in a number of reports, some legit and some frivolous and I guess that and the general escalation of the discussion is why.

Sure - but the statement that any further discussions on the topic now mean that it's verboten?   How about answering some questions? 
    Why? Like srsly why is this such an issue? This is a wedding board, they don’t owe anyone an explanation on why a completely off topic thread that also had a ton of TOS violations and name calling and mentions of Nazis was shut down. That thread was a disaster.  Move on.  
  • banana468 said:
    The thread that was closed had name-calling going on and had resulted in a number of reports, some legit and some frivolous and I guess that and the general escalation of the discussion is why.

Why? Like srsly why is this such an issue? This is a wedding board, they don’t owe anyone an explanation on why a completely off topic thread that also had a ton of TOS violations and name calling and mentions of Nazis was shut down. That thread was a disaster.  Move on.  
    Exactly. I can't really blame KnotHolly for not wanting that can of worms opened back up.
  • banana468 said:

I can't blame her for closing the thread.   But this is hardly a wedding planning board.   Topics here are rarely wedding related.   So if talking about the original topic is a cause for warnings and bannings then WTF is up with the new thread?   

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

I can't blame her for closing the thread.   But this is hardly a wedding planning board.   Topics here are rarely wedding related.   So if talking about the original topic is a cause for warnings and bannings then WTF is up with the new thread?   

Completely agree. Plus what if a new poster has a legit question about said banned topic that is related to their wedding???
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Completely agree. Plus what if a new poster has a legit question about said banned topic that is related to their wedding???
    Please. You’re making up drama. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Wasn't my intention. Was just posing a hypothetical. Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2017
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Wasn't my intention. Was just posing a hypothetical. Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?
    No one? Your hypothetical is silly pointless drama about a total non issue, as is this entire thread. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

We've talked about waxes and what to expect etc here before. In fact I believe someone brought it up as a honeymoon question, so that's not MUD. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

She likes to ride the highest of horses as she arrives to post on the boards. 

FWIW, I actually had that come up as a thing before I got married and while I didn't post on the boards about it it was certainly something that I looked into and treated before walking down the aisle.   Fair skin and dark hair here! 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

We've talked about waxes and what to expect etc here before. In fact I believe someone brought it up as a honeymoon question, so that's not MUD. 
    Technically, I brought it up just because I was curious if anyone has had success with laser hair removal. It was not wedding related whatsoever. *runs and hides*
    *********************************************************************************

• Completely agree. Plus what if a new poster has a legit question about said banned topic that is related to their wedding???
    Technically, I brought it up just because I was curious if anyone has had success with laser hair removal. It was not wedding related whatsoever. *runs and hides*
    Yeah, but if we're getting that crazy with it, neither is Prudie, or our daily check ins, or the football post, or the multiple TV, book, pod cast etc posts.

The only reason I remember the other post was because I was following it in consideration of waxing for the honeymoon.
  • As far as I know, it is not hair removal that is the problematic topic, but rather the other discussion that the thread devolved into.