Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Vendor Etiquette Question

So I went to a Bridal Expo at my planned venue a month or two back.  Mainly because we would get some extra upgrades for signing that night.  We entered raffles with all the vendors that were doing it.  I find out from a photographer today that I won a free Bridal Photo shoot.  However I signed my wedding photographer already.  I want to do the engagement pictures with her as well.

Would it be rude to do the Bridal shoot with this other photographer who I have no intentions of giving any other business?  I'm not even sold on the idea of a Bridal photoshoot.  On the other hand I worry that saying no is like saying I want to work with you so little that I don't even want a free service from you.

Re: Vendor Etiquette Question

• Nope. You won it. Cash in if you want to and don't if you don't want to, but you're under no obligation to engage further either way. It's business.
    *********************************************************************************

• You won it so you're free to use it. You're under no obligation to book them for any future services.

If you like them you can always write a review online (The Knot, Google, Yelp...) or recommend them to friends, but don't feel like you can't use it, or that you have to book anything else. 
  • You won it so you're free to use it. You're under no obligation to book them for any future services.

If you like them you can always write a review online (The Knot, Google, Yelp...) or recommend them to friends, but don't feel like you can't use it, or that you have to book anything else. 
    same. Just be aware of extra payment. Some studio came to me once saying it is free, but in the end I need to pay extra if I want the pic.