Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bikini wax 1st timer how long

Hello. 
So I’ve been going back and forth about getting a bikini wax before the wedding. Then realized I’m taking boudoir photos about a month before (giving to groom on wedding day) and realized this would be the ideal time to be waxed!
Found a popular place locally. Good reviews all licensed professionals. 
My question is I obviously want the area to look it’s best but figured I’ll be red/pink. Is 48 hours a good time? Don’t want hairs/stubble but don’t want to be red either!
TIA

Re: Bikini wax 1st timer how long

• Options
    Hello. 
    So I’ve been going back and forth about getting a bikini wax before the wedding. Then realized I’m taking boudoir photos about a month before (giving to groom on wedding day) and realized this would be the ideal time to be waxed!
    Found a popular place locally. Good reviews all licensed professionals. 
    My question is I obviously want the area to look it’s best but figured I’ll be red/pink. Is 48 hours a good time? Don’t want hairs/stubble but don’t want to be red either!
    TIA
    I’d recommend not making your first time right before the boudoir shoot; is schedule one a month before so you know how you react. Everyone is different; some people react to the wax or lotions they use, some people get bumps, some don’t. I would really recommend trying it out on a random day to make sure you don’t have any reaction before a photo shoot or the wedding day. You may love it, you may hate it; I know I wouldn’t want to be figuring that out when I was doing intimate photos or around the wedding. 
  • Options
    Totally agree with @charlotte989875

I would get one now to know how you'll respond to it. Note the products they're using so that you can ask for those if you respond well or change it up if you end up red and bumpy. You'll also know how long it takes your skin to recover so you can schedule accordingly for the photo shoot and the wedding.

Assuming all goes well, I would recommend doing another wax 2 days before the wedding. Since you haven't waxed before, the hair will grow back more quickly and you'll likely need another wax by the time the wedding comes around.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would definitely NOT do a wax just before a boudoir shoot.   I have never waxed that area (well, I tried to DIY and it was a disaster of epic proportions) but I had my lip waxed about 5 days before the big day.   The lip area was sensitive enough and I was red for hours.   

I'd consider starting to wax months in advance so you know what does and doesn't work for your body and THEN you can be set for a boudoir shoot a month ahead of time then for the wedding if you do it 2 days before as @southernbelle0915 suggested. 
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. Your first time trying ANY new beauty thing should never be before something important like a boudoir shoot.

Chat with whomever you are looking to begin waxing with. I'm a newbie and that's what I did. I'm now on a "schedule" of waxes in the 3 months leading up to my big day/honeymoon. It's expensive but worth it, because it helps ensure 1.) no adverse reactions will happen when you REALLY want your skin to look and feel great, and 2.) ensures hair regrowth is all at the same level by the time the big day rolls around.  

Best of luck!