Wedding Woes

Monday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2018 in Wedding Woes
How was the weekend?

Dinner out with FIL on Friday was nice.  We went to a restaurant that we had an anniversary lunch date a few years ago.  The food is delicious and it's reasonable. 

Saturday, we headed to OH to visit SIL, BIL, and nephew.  FIL also went (separate from us).  We went out to dinner...again, LOL.  It was Mexican this time and I ordered a large margarita and it was massive.   After dinner, we went back to BIL/SIL's to watch Chapelle.  

Sunday, we hung out at BIL/SIL's until lunch.  We headed home and then I ran to the store.  The rest of the night was dinner, some chores, and the Grammys.  

I think my good friend and her family are coming over for the SuperBowl and I'm so excited.  I haven't seen her in a couple months.  

Re: Monday

• @kvruns,

1) We ate at Fire by the Monon in Broad Ripple.  
    2) He's the cutest little bug! That smile is so sweet.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @kvruns,

1) We ate at Fire by the Monon in Broad Ripple.  
    2) He's the cutest little bug! That smile is so sweet.  
    I like that place! I used to meet up with a friend there sometimes and always had a good time. 
  • edited January 2018
    @mrsconn23 glad you guys had a good time :) sounds like fun. Busy but fun lol

So apparently I've popped in a week.

I noticed this on Friday when trying on my new belly band. I guess it was bound to happen, I am 21 weeks now :)

Saturday we went to an archery range. I'm not strong enough to use the bow I was lent, but that's fine. Another guy there was suggesting a different bow that could go lower in weight.
    M got clipped by the strings and has a good welt/bruise from it. Lol newbie problems ;)

Sunday we had family over for gender reveal. Everyone is excited. MIL got a couple neutral onsies. They're funny. One says "my uncle gives great high fives" :P 
    My mum knew already and still got emotional. She also got to feel her kick later on. MIL had already left, but I think baby got a delayed hit of the sugar lmao

It's so weird to see our dining room table right now as well. Lol!

Also my phone went kaput on Sunday :( Tonight need to get a new one. It's weird to not have a phone!!
  • @kvruns what a cutie!! Looks like you started something with the ice cream ;) that face!
  • Weekend was good!

I am still fighting a cold but took Advil and Sudafed to power through.

Saturday my brother and his BF came over to make good on their Christmas gift to us.   We went to see Jim Gaffigan and then later went out for an AMAZING steak dinner.   We don't often go out at night just the two of us (it was our first evening date since our Anniversary in early August) and we totally treated ourselves.   

Came back late, bro and bf slept in the guest room and then we crashed.   Sunday DH took Chiquita to a mass said for his grandfather in his hometown parish and I took Chiquito to church with me.   Came home with coffee and breakfast sandwiches for the dudes, chilled for a while and then after the guys left I worked while Chiquito  napped.   In all it was decently productive. 
  • @charlotte989875 Glad you had fun. I hear they're really great :) I've been looking around our city to see if they do it and it doesn't seem very often sadly.
  • @charlotte989875 Glad you had fun. I hear they're really great :) I've been looking around our city to see if they do it and it doesn't seem very often sadly.
    Thanks! It was great. You can't tell from the picture but off to the left is a huge bar with tables that look down on the rink, and behind me there is another bar with tons of tables. Then there is a second floor balcony with seating along the edge and, you guessed it, another two bars. Such a great space.  
    Thanks! It was great. You can't tell from the picture but off to the left is a huge bar with tables that look down on the rink, and behind me there is another bar with tons of tables. Then there is a second floor balcony with seating along the edge and, you guessed it, another two bars. Such a great space.  
    I'm not surprised, it is a sport lol
  • This weekend was just work work work!  I will actually relax while in the office today!  At least today I get paid!

Saturday, we went out food shopping and then stopped at my H's office to pick up the appliance dolly.  We then went home, gave DD a bottle and put her down for a nap.  H had gotten all the food away, while I cared for DD.  Then it was time to move the old fridge into the basement.  Damn, that was a chore!  First, we had to take the doors off the old fridge.  Then hook it up to the dolly, which did not have a battery to help move the dolly - which at first didn't seem like a big deal. 

H was able to move the fridge pretty easy on the dolly.  So we make our way over to the steps and the dolly gets stuck on the top step.  See, the battery is supposed to move these smaller rubber wheels, so that the dolly moves the appliance and not the person using the dolly.  But since we had no battery, the rubber wheel just stuck out and stopped the dolly from moving easily.  We ended up putting a huge hole in the ceiling above the steps trying to unjam the fridge from the stair.  H was not happy and the F bombs were flying!  Thankfully DD was upstairs sleeping!

After a few more minutes of struggling, we got the fridge downstairs and plugged in.  I worked and got the doors back on.  I also put all the food back in.  While I worked on finishing up the fridge, H started to work to take apart a pull out couch.  We were planning to move that downstairs too, but it couldn't fit with the bed portion, so we were going to have to take it apart and put it back together downstairs.  Once H had the couch apart, we went downstairs to plot out the placement.  I made sure it was clear that if we needed it and got rid of it later on, we would have to take apart again. We already have another couch and large chaise, with the finished part being in the shape of an L, it was kinda hard to place two couches.  But we figured something out.  So I went to the bathroom and then come out and he says we are trashing it.  Well - ok then!  So we put it at the curb, one less thing in the house!

Sunday was just cooking all day.  I felt like I didn't stop.  I was cooking up a bunch of meals for my parents to heat when my mom isn't feeling that well.  We also hosted SILs birthday dinner.  Oh and I thought H killed our dryer too.  Our washer doesn't always spin well if the clothes get off balance.  H said he put some "wet" clothes in the dryer, so it may take 2 spins.  He goes back 20 minutes later and the dryer was totally off and wouldn't turn back on.  The clothes he put in were so soaked that water started to come out the bottom of the dryer!  All because he wouldn't respin the clothes in smaller batches.  Thankfully the dryer was good to go after letting the water drain out and running it on high and empty after an hour.

Tonight I'm taking the dinners over to my parents house.  My mom is on her 2nd to last chemo today!  She still has surgery and radiation to go through, but one thing will be done soon!  She will then have about a month before surgery in mid-March.

• Quiet weekend. Just what I needed to recover from a bad week.
  • Had to call my mother 5 minutes before I left for my day to find out if she could come over within the hour to walk our son to school as FI was worshipping the porcelain god. So, that was the beginning of my Monday. Just listened to a conversation between two co-workers about health food as I was eating a Raspberry habenero donut and drinking my latte. 
  • @TrixieJess Oh no!! MIL and sFIL just got better from a round of that and my mum had it a couple weeks ago :( 
    I love those convos :) 
  • Weekend was okay. Saturday we went to ikea and then we got food to go from our favorite Indian place since we were finally in the area. I worked yesterday while SO built the hutch we got from ikea. 

Physical therapy today, getting my oil changed (*cough* for the first time in a year *cough*), and possibly paying a ticket I got a month ago, and getting my nails done. I’m also trying to study and clean the house today. I’ll probably get like a third of all of that done. At least for the more sedentary stuff/drives I can listen to lectures. 

• Finally visited Sam's Club on Sat., lol.  Their "Scan and Go" app actually worked this time.  What a freakin' miracle, smh.

Not one, but TWO financial hits to the monthly budget.  I got my annual "escrow recalculating" letter from my mortgager.  My payment is going up $44/month this year.  Don't you just love escrows/s?  Nothing like giving a FREE LOAN to your BANK, smh.

But the more aggravating hit was yet to come.  I thought  I was in the 2nd year of a 2-year contract with my cable/internet carrier (Cox Communications).  Because, oh you know, that was what they TOLD me.  Oh...and I am...but apparently that doesn't mean they can't jack up the price on me without any notice and at any time.  My rates were only "guaranteed" for the first year.  They raised my bill by 25%!!!!!  $43/month more.  So, I'm now paying $215/month.  For a BASIC cable package with DVR and their slowest high speed internet.  What the ever loving F.

What can I do about it?  Nothing.  Cable/High speed internet is a rampant monopoly (for many areas) and oligopoly (nationwide) that the government allows to run almost completely unfettered.  Words cannot even describe how DISGUSTING it is that the FCC sold out the entire American people to the cable industry and their lobbyists.  And that was merely one problem of many.

I'm going to call "customer retention" at lunch and see if there is something I can do to get the bill back into this stratosphere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't even know what I did last night but all of a sudden it was 12:30 and then all of a sudden it was 6:15 this morning. Early bed time for me tonight. 

I have a presentation for a bunch of high-level people tomorrow. It's not going to last long and I know the material, but I'm nervous anyway. Send me some zen, WW!
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 zen and naps sending your way! :) you'll rock it though
  • @short+sassy  is Sam's Club kind of like Costco?
    Damn that's stupid! With companies here, they can't change it if you're under contract. If there's a better deal happening, you can call and change it but they can't do it.
    You're right, that's absolutely disgusting that they can do it *side eye company*
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2018
    @short+sassy  is Sam's Club kind of like Costco?
    Damn that's stupid! With companies here, they can't change it if you're under contract. If there's a better deal happening, you can call and change it but they can't do it.
    You're right, that's absolutely disgusting that they can do it *side eye company*
    Yep it is the same type of store. 

edit: bolded
  • @short+sassy  we switched over to streaming because Comcast/Xfinity was a rip.  We save about $70/month which would be more if H didn't subscribe to every sports channel ever.

Weekend was good.  Hubs and I went out for Mexican and had all the margarita and guacamole on Saturday.  Sunday, I worked a wedding show and it was probably the best one we've worked yet.  I would be surprised if we booked less than 3 weddings from this day.  And our booth was so cute!  It was my first time picking everything out and I was nervous because my colleagues have impeccable taste.  I can't resize pics on my computer so this is probably huge but, it's huge and cute at least.

The only downside was I slammed my knee into the work van, and I must have hit it in the sweet spot, because my patella is slipping and my ankle is sore from over compensating.  Ugh.  And to think I just started running again last week.  Hopefully tomorrow, Wednesday I can get back on a treadmill.
  • kvruns said:

Yes, and I have a membership at each for the present time, lol.

Costco is a lot closer to where I live, but it was the first Costco opened in Louisiana.  As such, they really "hedged their bets" and it is pretty small (for a warehouse club).  They just don't have nearly the number of products that the Sam's Clubs in my area have.

Costco is my "main".  But occasionally there are specials for a Sam's membership on Groupon.  When there is, I join again. 

@MissKittyDanger, if you only have Costco's, you're not missing out.  The "normal" sized Costcos sell pretty much the exact same things as Sam's.  Costco also treats/pays their employees a lot better than Sam's.  My stepbrother started his Costco career as a kid working p/t in high school.  He is now in his early 30s and is the Warehouse Manager for one of the stores in CA.  He absolutely loves his job and loves working for Costco. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

Costco is a lot closer to where I live, but it was the first Costco opened in Louisiana.  As such, they really "hedged their bets" and it is pretty small (for a warehouse club).  They just don't have nearly the number of products that the Sam's Clubs in my area have.

Costco is my "main".  But occasionally there are specials for a Sam's membership on Groupon.  When there is, I join again. 

@MissKittyDanger, if you only have Costco's, you're not missing out.  The "normal" sized Costcos sell pretty much the exact same things as Sam's.  Costco also treats/pays their employees a lot better than Sam's.  My stepbrother started his Costco career as a kid working p/t in high school.  He is now in his early 30s and is the Warehouse Manager for one of the stores in CA.  He absolutely loves his job and loves working for Costco. 

As far as I know, Sam's Clubs never took off in Canada. We do have Costco though. They keep opening them, and doing well. I just wish they would sell alcohol in the Ontario ones.
  • @southernbelle0915, good luck on your presentation tomorrow!  Sounds like you're really prepared to knock it out of the park.

@kimmiinthemitten, glad the wedding show went well.  The pic looks great!  I want to go to that "wedding" and opt for the Butter Poached Jumbo Shrimp, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

Yeh we only have Costco where I am. Idk about other provinces. I like them for the meats mostly tbh.
    I priced Kirkland formula and club size diapers out of curiosity. Love their pricing lmfao
  • As far as I know, Sam's Clubs never took off in Canada. We do have Costco though. They keep opening them, and doing well. I just wish they would sell alcohol in the Ontario ones.
    Bolded. Omg yes!
    At least loblaws is. We don't often buy alcohol anymore, but at least it's an option
  • As far as I know, Sam's Clubs never took off in Canada. We do have Costco though. They keep opening them, and doing well. I just wish they would sell alcohol in the Ontario ones.
    Bolded. Omg yes!
    At least loblaws is. We don't often buy alcohol anymore, but at least it's an option
    I know they sell it at some of the ones out west and in the Prairies because I have family out there. 
  • Weekend was great! Roller derby was so fun on Friday, we had a great time! 

Saturday I did a long run, but got dehydrated so felt terrible the rest of the day. Sunday was preping for classes that start today. 

I started my early morning running plan today. So far, so good although I feel like it should be about 2pm already. Wish me luck that I don't fall asleep in class tonight. 

I'm afraid to show K this picture.  They're going to seethe with envy at this
    track.  

Busy weekend.  Friday was our anniversary.  We had dinner and went to a friend's house who was fostering PUPPIES.  I had so many puppy snuggles, it was great.

Saturday we had belated birthday brunch with the part of K's family that she just came out to around Thanksgiving and I met them all.  It went well.  The worrisome grandmother...well, I'm not sure if it was a good/bad day, but the dementia is definitely there.  Then I had a wedding rehearsal that night while K did homework.  Sunday was the wedding, it was lovely, and then home for K to do more homework.  Their clinicals and homework are going to kick our butts.

SSDD here.  Trying to get my work mojo back.