Wedding Woes

Raise your hand if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

2»

Re: Raise your hand if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

• @short+sassy  I'm not joking, I thought it was the the touques that you put lmfao!!
    {pronounced TOO-ques for those not familiar with French lol}

Maybe in Louisiana, lol.  But not in CA.

The "quats" part of the word sounds like squats, without the "s".

Nah I legit can't read :') I've been doing that all day

• In my perfect, though unlikely, world.  I will someday have a Republican politician say to me in re: to abortion rules/laws that it's a concern for women's health.  So I can give him/her a shocked, quizzical look and reply, "I'm really confused.  Since when has the Republican party cared about anyone's health?"
    This made me think of Charlotte in the Sex and the City Movie where she is plotting out exactly what she will say to Big if she ever sees him
  • Ugh, I'm in a funk today, but so are my coworkers, and all friends so it's actually helping.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm turning 38 and not happy about it.  I'm not sure what it is about that number but I can't handle it right now.  And we're going to a fundraising gala tomorrow night, and I tried on all of my dresses and I look like a sausage casing.  That doesn't help.  Plus I'm on my period.  Overall, shit.

On the up side - 10 days to DC!!!  We are doing a White House Tour.  I was torn on it, but it was closed to tours when we last time, and at the end of the day I'm not going to let Cheeto run me out of the People's House.  It's a weekend so he should be golfing anyways.

Turning 38 sure beats the alternative! ;)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain Touche!  

I don't think a new dress will fix my dress problems unless I get this bad boy too!

@charlotte989875 At least Toledo is close to Detroit; not that it makes it right, but it makes it better for Ohioans than it does for say Nebraskans.

@VarunaTT I'm sorry you're going through it right now.  I wasn't on here yet at the time of your decision to divorce, but I know he and other people you thought you knew and trusted put you through hell.  Of course you're not just going to bounce back from that!

• @CMGragain Touche!  

I don't think a new dress will fix my dress problems unless I get this bad boy too!

@charlotte989875 At least Toledo is close to Detroit; not that it makes it right, but it makes it better for Ohioans than it does for say Nebraskans.

@VarunaTT I'm sorry you're going through it right now.  I wasn't on here yet at the time of your decision to divorce, but I know he and other people you thought you knew and trusted put you through hell.  Of course you're not just going to bounce back from that!

I like how the lady in the green dress uses her foot for leverage, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CMGragain Touche!  

Sadly, this is true. I worry what it means for all the patients we saw from Indiana...
  • kvruns said:

In my perfect, though unlikely, world.  I will someday have a Republican politician say to me in re: to abortion rules/laws that it's a concern for women's health.  So I can give him/her a shocked, quizzical look and reply, "I'm really confused.  Since when has the Republican party cared about anyone's health?"
    This made me think of Charlotte in the Sex and the City Movie where she is plotting out exactly what she will say to Big if she ever sees him
    I have something close to this happen.  We had a Republican who was running for a State House position come to a Planned Parenthood meeting (this would've been back in the late 90s, early 00s).  He said that he supported "women's health issues", his wife had given him 3 children, blah, blah, blah, then took questions.  I politely asked him to name one woman's health issue besides pregnancy  He looked like a deer in headlights, stammered some talking point out, and tried to move past it.  :smile:  The Planned Parenthood moderator was having NONE of that and said, "Varuna, do you have a follow up question."  It just so happened, I did.  It was fun.