Wedding Woes

Friday

2»

Re: Friday

• Just checking the weather and it's gonna be cold a.f until Wednesday, then proper spring temps!

I don't have to fight to get winter boots on much longer and I'm far too excited
  • 6fsn said:

Yesterday was m2's birthday.  She had a FANTASTIC day.  Today is beautiful so Max and I are hitting the bikes later.

DH was supposed to work tomorrow, but it got cancelled because we're supposed to get freezing rain.  OF COURSE it's rescheduled for Sunday.  M2's party.  He told them he has to leave by noon.  Grrrrr. 

M2 wants this pretzel nugget tray thing for Sunday.  I called the grocery store to order it.

Me: I'd like to order a party tray

Hold for 5+ minutes before the deli picks up

Me: I'd like to order a pretzel nugget tray

Him: I need to make sure we have nuggets

Me: I don't need it until Sunday

Him: I need to make sure we have product.  You do understand I can't make it without nuggets, right?

Me: yes, I just wasn't sure how often you get deliveries

Him: I can't make a tray without nuggets. I need to check.  You do understand I can't make this if I don't have nuggets?  You understand I have to check before I can take the order right? I need to check

Me: Yes, I get tie

I pull the phone from my mouth and say to Max: then just go check!

Him: I heard that.

Him: We don't have nuggets and it will take 2 days to get them.  So I'm very sorry I can't take your order.

WTF? I know I'm salty today, but the whole "I heard that" pissed me the fuck off. 

Sunday is supposed to be a gorgeous day though.  Even if it rains it will be a good celebration though.

Wow, he was rude.
  • What an asshole @6fsn
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    @shessocold, right? What if that coworker comes back and gets a "so sorry to hear your husband has cancer" comment from this customer.  I would be thrown off guard too!
    @Jen4948, yes you do have a one up and the ball is in your court.  Always good to see what they have to offer, and you won't know until you get there.
    @oliveoilsmom, Happy anniversary! brownies = good any way :)   You remind me, I have 3 weddings this year, I'll probably RTR for all of them.  But it also depends on how much I have lost in August, because my body type is not meant for dresses.  It was rarely meant for my wedding one, but thank goodness for alterations. 
    Thanks. 

Unfortunately, I just went to the interview, and while the HR person I was supposed to meet last week was there (and fell all over herself apologizing), the hiring manager I was supposed to meet with last week and again today was not. And yes, the HR person asked if I could come back another day to meet the hiring manager.

I didn't flat-out say no, but I decided to exercise the leverage I had at that point. I told her that in addition to what happened last week, this showed a profound lack of professionalism and respect for me, that I can't keep coming back endlessly for interviews, and that any future offer of employment would have to include a sweetener (I left it at that for now). I also told the recruiter this.

But my guess is that this is all just a big waste of my time and energy.

Update: I just now got an email back from the recruiter, who told me that the HR person I met with "decides if there will be any future interviews" and that the recruiter "doesn't want to take my time from my current employer" and who thinks "we are in a position here so we should not continue." She 
    closed with "We wish you the best in your future endeavors." Mm-hm. Bullshit.

• @kimmiinthemitten - that prize is awesome! Have fun with Mr. Mitten.

@6fsn - don't you understand how complicated his job is? they need nuggets to put on the nugget tray! Also that pic reminds me of the scene in Matilda where Bruce eats that massive chocolate cake.
    *********************************************************************************

• Kimmi - that prize sounds amazing!  Have fund and enjoy it!

Jen - You were right to do that.  It put the onus on them to get this shit figured out.  This is people's livelihoods and they are just playing hot potato.  If they are this bad at the hiring stage, how good of an employer would they be once you are an employee?  As much as it sucks, I think this is for the best in the long run.

6 - That picture is amazing!  I love it!

• kvruns said:
    How do you spell this:
    judgement
    judgment

I've always spelled it with an 'e' and today my boss said no e although said both are technically correct. These are legal documents and the no e seems to be the predominant spelling for legal docs, although google leads me to believe no e is the standard American English way 
    In the US, no e. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Because I love this picture of my 7 yo with her 7 lb cake. 
    Now I want chocolate cake!

@kvruns I always use an "e" I've never seen judgement spelled without it.