Wedding Woes

Activity Trackers

My Fitbit Charge HR seems like it's starting to crap out and it's pissing me off (it's not tracking anything as well as it used to).

Does anyone have a Garmin or Apple Watch or anything else? Can I get your opinions on them?

I like to wear mine 24/7 and would use primarily for health purposes (tracking steps, workouts, heart rate, sleep).

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Activity Trackers

• I have the Apple Watch. You have to charge it every night so I’m not sure you’d want for sleep - I’m not even sure it has a sleep option. It does steps, calories, couple workout apps etc. it also vibrates if you haven’t gotten up and moved around within the hour. 

I used to use the Garmin VivoFit which was steps, sleep, calories etc. I did like that I could wear it all the time without needing to charge. It’s more basic though so good as a tracker but not the other stuff 
  • I went from a Fitbit HR to an Apple Watch.  Dh gave it to me as a graduation gift.  I like the activity rings, and we'll often get a little competitive with each other.  I find I still follow it more than I did the information on the Fitbit.  eventually, my fitbit just became a watch.  And I do like that I can get text messages, emails, etc. on the watch too

• I got the Charge HR 2 this fall and I like it better than my old Charge HR because it tracks my runs and has the removable bands. My old one was having problems and customer service gave me a discount on a new one, which was the biggest reason I didn’t switch. The price of changing to an iwatch or garnish was just too much for me. 
  • I got the Charge HR 2 this fall and I like it better than my old Charge HR because it tracks my runs and has the removable bands. My old one was having problems and customer service gave me a discount on a new one, which was the biggest reason I didn’t switch. The price of changing to an iwatch or garnish was just too much for me. 
    I switched the Alta HR after my Charge HR died last summer, also at a discount from customer service when I complained about having to get a new one.  My Alta HR is way better than my Charge HR as well.  The battery lasts so much longer, and like Charlotte, I just couldn't justify the Apple watch price tag.
  • I know several people who have the Bellabeat Leaf wearables, one has a bracelet the other a necklace. They prefer the jewellery over the Fitbit or Apple Watch. 
  • I have a garmin vivosmart hr and I love it.  I've had it just over a year.  My band did break, but replacement bands are cheap on amazon. 
  • Thanks, ladies!!

My health insurance has a wellness program with points I can use for amazon gift cards. Our rep just told me that the program syncs best with Garmin so I'll get more points. More points = more money! Plus I can get a pretty hefty discount on Garmins through the program.

I LOVE the look of the Garmin Vivomove but it doesn't have as many features as the Vivosmart. :(

Mrs.Conn - is it huge? It looks huge in the pictures and I was kind of worried that there were no pictures of anyone wearing it online. How often do you charge it?

I've gotten in the habit of charging the fitbit when I shower. The 20 minutes once or twice a day is enough to keep it full. I'm hoping I can keep doing that.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018
    Here’s a pic of it on my wrist. I don’t feel it’s bulky at all.  Ignore my dusty ass desk.

• Oh that's not bad!! Thanks!

Love your rings, too! :)