Chit Chat

CMGragain passed away.

2»

Re: CMGragain passed away.

• I am sorry to hear this. She was a lady who was faithful in a lot of commitments. I'll be praying for you and your brother and especially your dad - I know she was worried about him.
  • I agree with others here, her absence will be a hole in the community and her expertise and help will be missed, she was always willing to help. My thoughts are with you.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. 

I very much enjoyed her posts here on the forum. 

She was very kind. She had posted about her husband being the president of an astronomy club a time or two. My husband became interested in astronomy, so I messaged her some time before Christmas to ask if she would mind sharing a book recommendation or two that I could get him for Christmas. She gave me her name and phone number, and said to call them any time and he would love to chat about it. I'm only on mobile, so I don't get message notifications and totally forgot about it until I checked my messages a few weeks ago, and at that point, I didn't want to bother them. But I very much appreciated her generosity to a complete stranger. 
  • I'm sad to hear about your Mom.  Christine had plenty of helpful tips for me when it came to our shared love of travelling.  I know her wisdom and presence will be missed on the Knot.  Thoughts and best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time

• I am deeply sorry for your loss. 

Her presence here will be missed. We didn’t always see eye to eye, but her etiquette advice was always spot-on and I’m certain she saved countless brides a great deal of trouble with her invitation wording input. 

It really won’t be the same around here without her. 
  • I’m sorry for your loss. 

• I'm so sorry for you loss. Her love for her family was strong and evident. I always enjoyed reading her posts. She will be missed on TK.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thank you for sharing the news.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I will be sending love and prayers your way.  (I always wondered what that view from her backyard of the mountains looked like).

• So sorry for your loss!  Thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you and yours.  Thank you for sharing the news with all of us as she was an important member of the community here!  She brought a unique perspective here especially the "down the road" and generational that often isn't represented.  
  • I mostly lurk on here but I just wanted to add my condolences.  I frequently look at the etiquette board which has been slow as of late but I noticed that your mom, who is a frequent contributor to that board, hadn't posted recently.  I've appreciated the advice she has given over the years on a variety of topics from invitation wording to cruises.  She was an asset to this community and will be missed.  Sending prayers and comfort to you and your family.
  • I am so sorry to hear this.... your mom directly helped me with my invitations- in fact, they were worded pretty much to her exact specifications...  the help was invaluable, and I will always remember that.

My condolences to you and your family
  • I'm sorry to hear :( Thank you for letting us know.

Her presence and sig picture will be missed
  • Im very much just a lurker but i have thoroughly enjoyed your mums posts, she came across as a lady who had some amazing experiences and a happy life, she spoke of her family with such love. Take care of you and your family and rest in peace Christine. 
  • ernursejernursej member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2018

I'm very late to this post but I wanted to write that I really valued your Mom's presence on the boards. She was the first person I thought of when I drafted up my invitations and she really encouraged etiquette for all.

I'm saddened to read of her passing and hope that her last moments were peaceful. I hope that each day you are able to remember a wonderful moment with your Mom and keep those memories close.

edit for clarity

• I am very late to this as I'm not around hardly at all anymore and was mostly a lurker, but pop in now and then.

I am sorry for your loss.  I didn't interact much with her, but I remember her posts; she was always a stickler for tradition that caused some lively debates.  Her presence and expertise on invitation wording will definitely be missed.

• Wow.  Just signed on after a long absence, and found this announcement.  So sorry for your loss.  Her posts were thorough and carefully worded.  Very sad news.
  • Just saw this. So sorry for your loss. Your mum helped me word my invitations too.  

She must of helped hundreds of people in her time on this site.

Sending love with a wee tear in my eye.

Sarah, Edinburgh Scotland