Chit Chat

Wedding Card Preservation

NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited May 2018 in Chit Chat
We got soooo many beautiful wedding cards and I hate to throw them away.

I am admittedly a bit of a packrat, but DH is captain throw everything away :D

Did any of you ladies do anything special with the cards you received? 

Re: Wedding Card Preservation

• We got soooo many beautiful wedding cards and I hate to throw them away.

I am admittedly a bit of a packrat, but DH is captain throw everything away :D

Did any of you ladies do anything special with the cards you received? 
    Yup.  I didn't throw them out.  :P  Seriously, they're in a box in the basement.  Have you thought about slicing the front off the back and putting them in an album, with both the front and inside on the same page?

• I've heard of people hole punching them and connecting them with binder rings. 

I threw away all the ones that were just signed and didn't have any sentiment written in besides what was already printed on the card. I kept the rest and they just sit in a box. They have made two moves with us and coming up on a third, and I kind of want to throw them out, but I probably won't. 
  • I saved them all. I have them in a small shopping bag in the office. 
  • I'm pretty sure I threw mine out, but I did keep them for a year or two.

But then, my wedding dress is in the same cardboard box my mom shipped it back to me in (I got married OOT).  So I wasn't the most sentimental person about my wedding stuff, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same as most PP's.  I threw out the ones ppl didn't write in and planned to scrapbook or at least bind the others somehow.  We'll be married 4 years in July and moved 5 times since we got married....they're still in a box. 
  • Mine are still in our card box...  But arguably they aren't in the way and our card box was meant to be turned essentially into an end-table.    

Best idea may be to get one of the smaller size binders and put them in page protectors that you can pull them out and look at in the future.  
  • Mine are all in a manila envelope x 1.5 years and likely will stay that way for a while. I'm thinking about photographing them and then tossing but I'm not there yet.