Attire & Accessories Forum

Ordering Bridesmaid dresses

Has anyone ever used 3rd party retail sites to order bridesmaid dresses?? I know which dress I want for my wedding party, but the price difference between ordering in store vs online websites is about a $40+ savings! I'm hesitant though to order through a website vs an actual store. For instance I was looking at the websites bridesmaids.com and thebridalbox.net

Thanks!!

Re: Ordering Bridesmaid dresses

• MobKaz said:
    Has anyone ever used 3rd party retail sites to order bridesmaid dresses?? I know which dress I want for my wedding party, but the price difference between ordering in store vs online websites is about a $40+ savings! I'm hesitant though to order through a website vs an actual store. For instance I was looking at the websites bridesmaids.com and thebridalbox.net

Thanks!!

SITB.........
    Have you asked your BM’s their thoughts on the dress?  Honestly, I cannot imagine purchasing a dress for myself without trying it on, let alone purchasing dresses for several women of different body types.

Unless these websites are legit and offer a generous return policy, I would at the very least find a way to try these dresses on prior to ordering online.  
    Yes, this. 

If it's something where there is a store but it's cheaper online, try on dresses in person, tell the salesperson you'll think about it and then go home and order it. I've done that at makeup stores when I don't know my shade but the foundation is cheaper to buy direct than from Ulta. 

I don't know anything about the two sites you listed but knock-off sites are real and so are the horror stories. If it sounds too goo to be true, it most likely is.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • so they have tried the dresses on, it's a matter of in store being one price, but online being cheaper. One of the online stores is actually a store in California so that makes me feel a bit better. Just trying to help my girls save money!
  • I mean, neither of those sites have crappy reviews on a quick google search, which is promising. I'd still be a little hesitant to order online from a store with a no return or refund policy, but that's a risk you could choose to take. I would maybe look up the brand name of the dresses to see where they're authorized to be sold to eliminate the chances of getting a knockoff.